• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Suppressor covers

As for silicone covers slipping... if you get the correct size, I don’t see any way that they’re able to slip. I have to fight with my Bowers for freaking 20 minutes before it comes off. Those bitches are TIGHT.
Put 300 rounds with the Bowers and Cole-Tac combination this past 2 weeks. Worked phenomenally, I didn't notice any mirage coming from the suppressor in 20 round strings. Cooled down a little bit faster than the HTP, but nothing significant.

It did slip forward about 1/4"-1/2" at the max with long strings of fire, but so did my HTP.

What was nice, is that I didn't have to take my cover off to unscrew the can, the silicone provided enough grip on the can. I clean my threads after each firing but still takes some elbow grease to break the seal.

It was too thick to utilize my Magnetospeed, so I'll just keep the HTP cover off while doing load development.

Reactions: ItsMmmike
I love Cole-Tac.
Custom made with custom measures, custom color, strab, metal buckles, all under 70$, that´s a bargain guys.
https://www.cole-tac.com/product/metal-python-suppressor-cover/#suppressor-cover-size
mdt2.JPG

Reactions: ken4570tc in WY
I love Cole-Tac.
Custom made with custom measures, custom color, strab, metal buckles, all under 70$, that´s a bargain guys.
https://www.cole-tac.com/product/metal-python-suppressor-cover/#suppressor-cover-size
View attachment 6948450
Interesting color scheme! That barrel color doesn't look 'flat'. What color/brand/sheen is it? I had to go to satin to get the lighter base color I was looking for. You need to get out shooting so you can scuff up the finish on the bi-pod points and get a layer of burnt powder residue on the front of the can.

Cerakoted coyote tan and the chassis is cerakoted od green.
Camera flash light is changed the color, so it is not what it looks in nature, kind of advertising images ;)
This one is what it is in nature light.
P9240005.JPG

That od green is sucking that color brightnes, since the KRG Bravo is different colored chassis, this same color comes out way better.
krg.JPG

Reactions: ken4570tc in WY
Cerakoted coyote tan and the chassis is cerakoted od green.
Camera flash light is changed the color, so it is not what it looks in nature, kind of advertising images ;)
This one is what it is in nature light.
View attachment 6948465

That od green is sucking that color brightnes, since the KRG Bravo is different colored chassis, this same color comes out way better.
View attachment 6948474
Looks much better without the flash!

Reactions: viking78
I ordered a Black Hills Gear Nomex cover for my 10.5-in AE30 late last Saturday afternoon. Paul emailed me with a couple follow-up questions only a few minutes later. He made my wrap Sunday, shipped it Monday, and had it in my mail box Wednesday.

The fit is perfect, and the wrap is significantly better than the one it replaced at mitigating mirage. The grippy high heat material means it isn’t going to move around under recoil, and it lets the user remove a blazing hot can from the rifle without the cover sliding around.

Great product, delivered very fast, with great comms and follow-up. Buy with confidence!

Reactions: sheetsp
I was in the same position recently. My can was in jail and I was looking for a cover. There are a lot of choices and I looked at a wide variety. I finally narrowed to SiCo, Burn Proof and Rifles Only.

Finally got my stamp and did a measurement. Decided to go with a Rifles Only HAD. I've been real happy with it. Well made, cuts mirage and dealing with Rifles Only has been awesome. Asked one question regarding length and they got back to me pretty quick. Ordered the cover and it shipped fast. I can grab the cover after use and feel warmth, but nothing hot. Fits with the QD well and using the high heat rope as suggested keeps the cover from moving even though it moves very little to begin with.

For the suppressors I purchase in the future I'll go with Rifles Only again. Here it is on my 6mm Creedmoor when I first got the cover. I've run several hundred rounds with it on in my 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, 6mm Creedmoor and 6.5 Creedmoor and it still looks the same.

20181221_082158-800x264.jpg

The suppressor I use the most came with an Armageddon gear cover that I like pretty well. It is mostly used on slow fire ARs and bolt guns, but does a good job of knocking down mirage and stays in place.