• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor for an SBR

slothlacrosse

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
CENTCOM
I'm trying to decide on a suppressor for my Mk 18 clone (10.3 in barrel).

What are you guys running on your SBR's?

Re: Suppressor for an SBR

i run an aac m4-2000 with a muzzle brake

if your running it on a sbr i'd recommend the brake, it saves your first baffle from erosion and extends the life of your can

+1

For sure run a brake. I run the M42K & the SF 212. Both great suppressors, but the SF's attachment is just awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigdog2003</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i run an aac m4-2000 with a muzzle brake

if your running it on a sbr i'd recommend the brake, it saves your first baffle from erosion and extends the life of your can</div></div>

Running a Surefire on a 10.5" Noveske and honestly I'm not impressed , I've heard several cans that are quieter and alot cheaper.

Currently building my own to solve this problem

The mount system that creates minimal POI shift are a big plus for the surefire. But it you're never gonna take it off, then who cares about the shift. The brake is gonna increase the life

I've got a G5, but it's never been on the Sbr b/c the stamp hasn't come in for the form 1 yet. Should be any FREAKING DAY now. It has been on a pistol AR, but I hated the pistol AR and sold it shortly after getting the can. My choice for an sbr... I plan on picking up the FA556k, which is the shorter one and will be dedicated to the sbr. I doubt you'd regret the m4-2000.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Running a Surefire on a 10.5" Noveske and honestly I'm not impressed , I've heard several cans that are quieter and alot cheaper.

Currently building my own to solve this problem </div></div>

Several? Just curious, which cans are you comparing and did you heard them on the 10.5? I've heard the m4-2000 next to the FA556-212 and they were both loud on a 10.5. One of my best friends is a machinist and is always talking about making his own. I'd love to see a pic of yours when it's done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elnino31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Several? Just curious, which cans are you comparing and did you heard them on the 10.5? I've heard the m4-2000 next to the FA556-212 and they were both loud on a 10.5. One of my best friends is a machinist and is always talking about making his own. I'd love to see a pic of yours when it's done.
</div></div>
dont have the can with me , its about 4 years old , it was shot against and AAC M4-2000 and an Ops as well as a SRT hurricane XL and an AAC RangerII , i wouldent say any of them were quiet as would be on a 16' gun but the tone seemed more "annoying" to me from the SF kinda higher pitched.
here is a link to my form 1 can
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80221

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried the AAC spr-m4? </div></div>

I heard one in a class and it was pretty quiet , not sure exactly what barrel length the weapon had but the can was pretty close to the gas block

I use a 762-SDN-6 on my 7.5" adams arms piston. it suppreses really well. I use a SPR-M4 on my 11.5" noveske It works well too. Just ordered a Surefire 7.62 mini for my SBR's as well, we will see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elnino31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
dont have the can with me , its about 4 years old , it was shot against and AAC M4-2000 and an Ops as well as a SRT hurricane XL and an AAC RangerII , i wouldent say any of them were quiet as would be on a 16' gun but the tone seemed more "annoying" to me from the SF kinda higher pitched.
here is a link to my form 1 can
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80221 </div></div>

Wow, very impressive. Gotta admit, I didn't expect it to be a unique design or that well put together. I figured you were following an existing design. Great job with the brake. You obviously take pride in your work. The level of expertise that the folk's in your industry possess has again succeeded in amazing me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried the AAC spr-m4? </div></div>

There is not enough barrel in front of the gas block on a 10.3" barrel.

I'm running a YHM 762 stainless steel phantom. Yup, it's heavy...but suppresses very well and the QD system is rock solid...and takes some of the wear and tear off the front baffles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elnino31</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Elnino31 said:
</div></div>

Wow, very impressive. Gotta admit, I didn't expect it to be a unique design or that well put together. I figured you were following an existing design. Great job with the brake. You obviously take pride in your work. The level of expertise that the folk's in your industry possess has again succeeded in amazing me.
</div></div>

It's kind of a blend of the AAC Ranger-II , M4-2000 and Ops Inc , we all know that the M4-2000 is a good can so I'm using same baffle desgine (kinda) and amount of them with slightly more internal volume , eliminating and "wiggle" from a QD mount but still utilizing a brake
The material used is very very strong and I could probably shave more weight buy not an issue

I run an AAC M4-2000 on a 10.5 with a brake. Works well. Not sure you can classify it as quiet, but it is certainly less loud with the can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried the AAC spr-m4?</div></div>

Yes, I have an SPR/M4 on my 12.5" SBR. Here it is mounted to that rifle and compared one with a 16" barrel:

AGY_6260.jpg

The SPR/M4 is slightly longer than the M4/2000 but adds less length to the rifle because of how far it fits back over the barrel. Suppression is excellent, but plenty of noise still comes back out the ejection port. There's a little play in the mount, which doesn't help with repeatability of zero shift on my precision rifle, but it's not something you'd notice on an SBR. I don't have experience with a range of suppressors, but the SPR/M4 seems to have a lot of blowback. I got in a gas buster charging handle to see if it helps.

I should add that the SPR/M4 won't work on a 10.5" barrel and requires a short gas block on a 11.5" one. It's perfect on a 12.5" barrel.

—Andreas

Agreed on the SPR/M4 blowback. The first time I shot it wet was a big surprise.
smile.gif

I have an AAC Omni on an 11" SBR and all it really does is take some of the bark out of it. I still need to wear my Ears. Suppressing an SBR is a tough job with the pressures being so much higher than a 16" or even a 14.5".