• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor for AXMC 338 Lapua

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi All,
I am looking for recommendations from experienced folks on what kind of suppressor I should buy for my AXMC 338 Lapua (20" barrel). Budget is not a constraint, weight is. I am primarily interested in long range shooting and am currently based out of south florida. Which suppressors are the best that can go with my gun and application? should I also buy multiple suppressors in one go, depending on specific use? thanks for your time an assistance with this.

Harjeet

We shipped some 338 Ultras out about a week ago; we have some waiting on Form 3's and/or payments to be shipped; and we have a bunch due to have serial numbers assigned between "now" and the next about two weeks; then some in early-mid Jan; and ongoing in similar fashion. We have batches of pretty much everything in flight at all times, and it really just depends on who happened to order how many in that position in the queue.

Reactions: harry_x1
Zak,
Can you pick which CB brake comes with the 338 Ultra?
The reason I’m asking is because of the barrel thread pitch for factory AXMC 338 Lapua Mag barrels. Are all AXMC factory 338 barrels threaded M18x1.5?

Reactions: harry_x1
I own a TBAC 338 Ultra and there aren't many people who will recommend anything other than it for .338 shooting.

The 338 Ultra takes the 338BA brake (it's larger than the CB). Yes, you can get whatever brake you need. At this point I don't know which threads will come on an AI rifle. The UK barrels are M18x1.5, the US ones "might" be different.
Question Zak on the 338 brake. Have you guys considered making just a tapered interface that would be lower cost to the brake design? Or is this brake design factor into the suppressor performance?

338 Ultra fits the bill. Also keep an eye out for Dead Air's 338 can . I suspect it will be released at Shot.

I’m waiting on my 338 ultra hopefully it comes as quick as my 9mm can which was 3 months

since weight is a concern, get the 338 Ultra, unless you are really need the secondary restraint SR model. It's definitely a few ounces heavier.... my AXMC and ASR were heavy enough, on my DTA it doesn't bother me...
DT338SR2.jpg

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Many great choices out there.

Here is a link to an older comparison on the AI AX PSR with multiple suppressors with 300 Norma Magnum.
Suppressors tested were TBAC 338 BA, TBAC 338 BA “Hybrid” (BA modified with new Ultra core), SureFire SOCOM2 338-TI, SilencerCo Harvester Big Bore, AAC Titan SS (stainless steel), AAC Titan Ti, and AAC Titan QD.
We eventually got to test an TBAC 338 Ultra on the same platform. It performed excellent. Right now, their new 338 Ultra SR seems like it would also be an excellent suggestion.
Hope this helps.