• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Purchase Risk Right now?

reich10

Lefty
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I already have a good 30 cal rifle suppressor but am wanting a good pistol suppressor. What are everyone’s thoughts on the risk of buying right now? And what I mean by that is if for what ever reason Trump loses this thing what are the odds of never getting approved for my stamp?

If you think that Biden is more dangerous to gun rights than Trump, I've got a few bumpstocks to sell you. 😁

Sure I’ll buy them!
    7F763A56-75FD-45C6-974E-5B7D508BC8C5.jpeg

If you think that Biden is more dangerous to gun rights than Trump, I've got a few bumpstocks to sell you. 😁
    As stomach -turning as the bumpstock ban was, IMHO the bumpstocks were a sacrificial lamb. With all of the other unconstitutional bills being floated at that time, it could have been much worsre. And yes, Biden is more dangerous to gun rights, he's admitted as much.

Trump is not a gun guy, he pledged only to work with the NRA. The shooting happened and he looked at the NRA and they said:

"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

That is straight from LaPierre, Trump only acted on what his trusted “advisors” said. So really fuck LaPierre who has destroyed the NRA, not Trump for doing what he said he’d do by working with them during his presidency.

Last edited:
    Trump is not a gun guy, he pledged only to work with the NRA. The shooting happened and he looked at the NRA and they said:

"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

That is strait from LaPierre, Trump only acted on what his trusted “advisors” said. So really fuck LaPierre who has destroyed the NRA, not Trump for doing what he said he’d do by working with them during his presidency.

And once again the NRA and the Republicans snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

They could have used the precedent set when the original Street Sweeper was reclassified as an NFA item and repealed the Hughes Amendment under the cover of telling everyone they had to register their bump stocks with the NFA or turn them over or destroy them.

But nope.... why strike a win for freedom when you can score an own goal as a gift to the other team. (Oh and keep a few well connected rich dealers happy).

I would say buy. I've bought 4 in the past 3 months and may add another 1 or 2 before November.

Reactions: reich10
    One says that he'll go after guns... and doesn't. The other says that he won't go after guns... and does. Biden is not a liberal, and Trump is not a conservative. LaPierre is as crooked as the day is long.

There's one thing that is certain, any thought of a democrat in office is a boon for gun sales . ;)

Nothing would happen that fast. Do it now!
    So nothi Nd would happen within the first year of his presidency? I’m not familiar with what would happen if you purchased a suppressor and then you got denied by the ATF, either by failed background check or executive order or some brother BS. Do companies give a refund?

So nothi Nd would happen within the first year of his presidency? I’m not familiar with what would happen if you purchased a suppressor and then you got denied by the ATF, either by failed background check or executive order or some brother BS. Do companies give a refund?
    If the OP buys now he’ll probably have it before inauguration. Even if he gets set back, I don’t see anything happening very fast.

If the decision is between NOT buying NFA stuff because “what if” and buying because everything is likely to be just fine and I really want my NFA stuff, I choose the latter without a moments hesitation.

Agree with the above-buy anything (NFA items, ARs, ammo, reloading supplies, etc) that you a) can swing financially and b) prioritize based on biggest gap in your inventories.

Buy now. My stamp came yesterday and it was only a five month wait.

A question for a question:

If you do not buy it today......... Then when do you think a good time to buy would be?

Are you're seeing any situation in America improving? If so, share that info with us..... Please.

Hobo

Reactions: UpSideDown

If you do not buy it today......... Then when do you think a good time to buy would be?

Are you're seeing any situation in America improving? If so, share that info with us..... Please.

Hobo
    Good point, a lot of times it feels like we’re just clawing at the ground on the way down the hill.

Reactions: Sierra770
    Thought didn’t even cross my mind when I bought a suppressor last week. I’m not worried about anything happening, but if something does I’ll deal with it then 🤷‍♂️

if youre scare of biden than you probably have time but you need to get a movin. itll take them time to enact whatever they try to enact so you should be able to get it back in time unless for some reason paperwork slows way down.

Thought didn’t even cross my mind when I bought a suppressor last week. I’m not worried about anything happening, but if something does I’ll deal with it then 🤷‍♂️
    This is kind of my thought with it. I was just curious as to what exactly would happen if you spent $1000 bucks on a suppressor and then the fuckin things got banned. Would you be just out the money? maybe a risk worth taking or not even a risk at all, who knows. I know Biden is all talk but if those fuckers keep the house, win back the senate, and have that senile SOB who the hell know what they will try and pull off. Probably have more things to worry about than a suppressor.

Hobo
    Lol i dont think its going to get any better, so i have nothing to share. I tell my wife all the time, I have read the end, and it only gets worse from here. I just thought Four more years of trump would be a good buffer to buy a supressor without question. Also, maybe prices would drop a little, not alot of deals right now.

Are you a dealer? Why form 4 to yourself? Just wondering.

We are seeing anywhere from 2 to 8 months currently, whether it's in house form 4s or Silencer Shop form 4s.
    Yes, but I haven’t transferred anything to myself yet. Only because I already owned the items I want. Other than customer demos, I dont take inventory anywhere. So if I come across something I must have, I’ll transfer it to myself.

Interesting topic, the same thing crossed my mind recently. Is it worth getting another one or 2 in the pipeline in case the government starts going for suppressors too. Seems like high capacity magazines and ARs will be the first real fork in the road.

I feel your concern. My 3rd can is in jail waiting on my stamp. I am more concerned about my crap Governor here in VA changing the rules then the presidential election right now. Feels like a race to beat the ban at times....

I already have a good 30 cal rifle suppressor but am wanting a good pistol suppressor. What are everyone’s thoughts on the risk of buying right now? And what I mean by that is if for what ever reason Trump loses this thing what are the odds of never getting approved for my stamp?
    There are two scenarios that are going to play out with regard to the upcoming election. Scenario No.1: Biden is elected and he makes Bedo his gun czar. If the House and Senate become Democrat majority, God help the second amendment. Bedo's restrictive gun policies will probably make it impossible to purchase a suppressor (I just got mine out of suppressor jail after a 6 1/2 month [only] wait). Scenario No. 2: Trump is reelected and suppressor restrictions of the 1934 NFA Act will hopefully be repealed. What will happen next is that everybody will want to buy a suppressor. Hence, suppressor demand will go up and the supply will go down. Prices, of course, will skyrocket. Three years ago when it appeared that the 1934 law might be repealed every garage machine shop was gearing up to manufacture low quality and inferior designed suppressors. This will probably happen again if Trump is reelected. The answer to your question: You should buy your suppressor NOW as it is the only chance you will have to purchase a high quality suppressor at a reasonable price irregardless of the election outcome.

Reactions: ironhrse44
    LOL you think a gun law is going to be repealed in this country?

trump wins 50/50 chances biden wins 50/50 chances chances ? what you got to loose go for it you can get one get it . expect delays rejoice if you get it sooner .

If you want it, go for it.

By the time you get it, suppressors won't make a difference.

We'll either be still solid in the Second........

Or we'll be in Bidenland and Kamala will be coming for you. In which case suppressors may or may not be critical.

Reactions: FishinGuns and RMB
    The 1934 NFA was an attack on the Second Amendment and they got away with it because the people were tired of the shenanigans the mob's were pulling and the government was incapable of controlling. There are no sacrificial lambs when it comes to the bill of Rights.
    I'm not a bump stock guy but I'm not willing to accept that attack on the Second Amendment. Where does it stop? Schumer cries about "reasonable gun control". There is NO reasonable gun control period.
    That's just my .02 on it.

One says that he'll go after guns... and doesn't. The other says that he won't go after guns... and does. Biden is not a liberal, and Trump is not a conservative. LaPierre is as crooked as the day is long.

There's one thing that is certain, any thought of a democrat in office is a boon for gun sales . ;)
    Biden is a puppet, and he will do whatever he is told.

Reactions: rottenruger
    Between Covid and Biden being even in the running, can't find any good selection of guns, and ammo has disappeared. Even reloading supplies are starting to get scarce.......

If Biden wins, we're going to have to go hold up the thugs to get more guns and ammo!!!

Reactions: walldog
    I think the chances are incredibly slim that anything draconian of that nature could transpire that fast. Also, still love my XTR II shoot the stink out of that thing!

None of my personal cans or my customers have gone past 8 months. All silencershop prepared docs. Shortest are around 2 months.
    I had my bogo silencer co cans finally approved last week. 13months. The atf said it’ll take up to 3 weeks to get my stamp. My check was cashed 7/15/19. I sure hope you’re right. I bought an omega 9k for my new mp5 in April it would be pretty sweet to have it next month. But on all my 15 Nfa items on our trust I’ve never waited less than 10months. Everything has always been through silencer shop even the form 1’s

I had my bogo silencer co cans finally approved last week. 13months. The atf said it’ll take up to 3 weeks to get my stamp. My check was cashed 7/15/19. I sure hope you’re right. I bought an omega 9k for my new mp5 in April it would be pretty sweet to have it next month. But on all my 15 Nfa items on our trust I’ve never waited less than 10months. Everything has always been through silencer shop even the form 1’s
    I’ve often wondered if there’s a geographical component to form 4’s. It’s just odd your times would be so consistently off from mine.

I’ve often wondered if there’s a geographical component to form 4’s. It’s just odd your times would be so consistently off from mine.
    The shop I form 3 to speaks of random short wait times. But not consistently short like what you are saying. I’m in Texas it seems they should have beefed up procedures for all the cans in this state, hell even SilencerShop is here.

The shop I form 3 to speaks of random short wait times. But not consistently short like what you are saying. I’m in Texas it seems they should have beefed up procedures for all the cans in this state, hell even SilencerShop is here.
    The super short ones aren’t common. Most are between 6 and 8 mo. I know the big dealer around here began getting getting batch approvals on a pretty regular basis. I was one of them but I had just become an SOT, so that likely had something to do with it. 7 came back at once for me.

Wasn't really to worried, but figured what the hell. Made an impulse buy of a Nomad Ti off silencer shop. So easy since I bought my first two cans from there. Just had to update my photo.