• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Suggestion for Rem 700

bjohnson87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2010
Greenville SC
I have a Remington 700 sps tactical and mark at short action customs as totally rebuilt it for me now since the muzzle is threaded I was thinking of the benefits of using a suppressor seeing as how I live in a pretty rural area but these house within range of raisin he'll does anyone have any suggestions i know there not cheap but I'm not loaded either so I'm tryin to keep it reasonable and do u need a class 3 permit

Re: Suppressor Suggestion for Rem 700

I have been shooting a Surefire K can on my Rem 700 .308 and 300 Win Mag with great success. Zero shift and does not bother my neighbors.

I use an SWR OMEGA-300 on my REM 700s in .300 WM , 7.62 , and 5.56 . It also does well on my M-4s , using an adapter . Its a bit heavy , but its quiet ...

if i could afford it id get a shark, but i ended up with a gemtech sandstorm because of their tax day promotion and it was the best bang for the buck at the time. just about any name brand can will do you right but the shark has it all.

Mike

What other model Sharks are available other then whats on the site? I am really considering going with a simple screw on can since selling my 762SD.

WHat is up with this shark? To tell you the truth, I haven't heard of it until reading this thread. Really that good? How would you compare it to a Tacops suppressor? Mind you guys, I know nothing about cans, other than how they work.

Well the only reason I'm wanting one is my bitch ass neighbors raise he'll when I let off a few rounds seeing as how I'm always goin being in the air force but anyways I wanna get one so as soon as I get it back from mark at short action customs it will be a done deal thanks for the help guys

I use an HTG M30, It is a value. I was really surprised at how quite the thing makes my Rem 700. If I was buying now... I would buy it again.. for what it's worth.

the shark is fairly quiet, made of titanium and inconel, its light, and user seviceable. oh yeah and its made to accept different thread pitch inserts.

the cyclone is a good can but if there's ever a problem be prepared to wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the cyclone is a good can but if there's ever a problem be prepared to wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait </div></div>

I call B.S. - I have had 100% customer service from Mike and all of the gang at AAC!

Cyclone,Shark.Both are great cans!

I have both a AAC Cyclone and a SAS 308 can, the SAS is a bit larger, heavier and by my ear quieter... not not mention affordable. Either one will do, find one in stock would be my recommendation unless you likle waiting.

I love my AWC Thundertrap, super quiet. I bought the steel one but they do offer a titanium one as well for a couple hundred more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the cyclone is a good can but if there's ever a problem be prepared to wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait n wait </div></div>

I call B.S. - I have had 100% customer service from Mike and all of the gang at AAC! </div></div>

I've had long waits on AAC repairs too

A couple questions for those of you with an AAC Cyclone and/or SAS .308 or Arbiter: How is the accuracy, repeatability, and POI change?

I'm a pure noob regarding suppressors and know just enough to be dangerous. I'm set on getting a suppressor for a GAP Rem. 700, but will be using it on other rifles as well.

I have a HVT Gemtech and love it. I went with the HVT because I was going to use it on my M1-A and AR10. If I was going to use it only on a bolt gun I would go with the thread on in a Sandstorm. My impact change is 2" low and is very repeatable.

I can't say enough about Gemtechs customer service. My AR10s groups would double in size with the suppressor on and when I talked to Gemtech they said it was probably the way the threads were cut on the barrel and to send the stripped upper and the suppressor back to them and they would fix it for me.

I explained it was probably not their problem since the bolt gun shot great with the suppressor on so it was probably the threads on the AR10 causing the problem.

Gemtech said, send it in we'll check it out and fix it, we want our customers to be happy. I sent it in and had it back in a week fixed and now it shoots great!!! You just can't ask for anymore than that. Love the suppressor and the customer service.

Good luck finding a SCAR H SD. Mil only sales. Instead AAC is going to try to push the 300SD instead. At 1800 bucks retail, that might be hard pill to swallow, plus a 300 dollar flash hider. I don't get it. They can't make enough of one suppressor so they are going to try to introduce another suppressor? Right...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aac_shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I got lucky and bought mine before they went Mil only sales. </div></div>

AAC changed the "policy" or whatever you want to call it on the SCAR-H SD last year.

For .308 solutions I would think they would now be pushing the newly changed 51-tooth mount 762-SD. The 300-SD like the SCAR-H SD isn't made in near the volume that the 762-SD sees.

If I owned a SCAR-H SD, I would buy an extra mount or two to keep on hand for potential future needs. In the past even when the SCAR-H was a "full production" suppressor mounts could be hard to come by.

The SCAR-H SD is well built and a good solution for some people. The MITER mount is certainly a unique solution.

Thanks for the info on that. I did buy 4 extra mounts for my SCAR H-SD, just because they were hard to get and I didn't want to be without in case I needed another one, you never know when the buying urge will strike.

i have a surefire just because its easy to switch from gun to gun

Of the cans I have metered, these 2 did GREAT

Liberty Freedom and SRT Shadow. Both got 30+ NSR...

I have a SCAR-H and SWR Omega 300 I plan to meter in 2 weeks.

AAC Cyclone is what I shoot. I never have to use any hearing protection with it. Im shooting 45gr varget in my 308, no problems at all with almost 1000 rounds through it.

I also have a 7.62 SD from AAC if you want to go the quick attach route and it is almost as quite. This way it would be easier to swith to an AR10, M1A, or an SA 58 is really cool with the SD.

I have an SWR Trident and while it is not a bad can, it does not seem to be quite as nice as my AAC EVO.

Mine: early .308 Rem 700 PSS with OPS 3rd (7.62) suppressor, w/ O.D. TAB can cover.

PR-1v2.jpg

cool.gif

I have the AAC 762SD the ACC Cyclone is quieter has two more baffles also take a look a Elite Iron "Bravo"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mine: early .308 Rem 700 PSS with OPS 3rd (7.62) suppressor, w/ O.D. TAB can cover.

PR-1v2.jpg

cool.gif
</div></div>very nice who did the fitting for your suppressor?

I'm running the Elite Iron Bravo 30 on my FN/SPR. Extremely quiet with full loads. No ears needed. Another plus is the Dale and Kathy are A+ people to deal with. Great pricing and customer service.
Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rotoflex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mine: early .308 Rem 700 PSS with OPS 3rd (7.62) suppressor, w/ O.D. TAB can cover.

PR-1v2.jpg

cool.gif
</div></div>very nice who did the fitting for your suppressor? </div></div>

Thanks, rotoflex.

I got the OPS 3rd from ADCO. They profiled, threaded and collared the barrel for the can. Great work. No issues whatsoever.