• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor suggestions

I’m surprised no one has mentions the YHM Resonator R2. It wasn’t first can, and for the price it can’t be best. Run it on 308, and 556.

Not to step on this thread but What is the current wait time to get a stamp? I live in CO if that matters. You can private message me. Thanks

Curious to get some thoughts on what suppressor people would choose for my application.

Long story short, I bought a titanium suppressor many years ago from Crux, but wasn't able to receive it close to ATF's approval due to having to relocate out of the country for work. When I came back to the US, Crux was under new ownership, and was going to work with me to get my suppressor. They've recently gone dark on comms, I'm assuming at this point the titanium suppressor that I've paid for will never be in my possession. Now I'm looking for a new suppressor.

Here are some of my objectives/nice to haves:

- Main goal is for precision rifles, and will work on cartridges from 6BRA to .300NM
- Bonus if it works on ar15's and has the "standard" 1-3/8x24 - not a requirement, as I have a SiCo Omega that fills this role. However, if the wife and I wanted to both shoot suppressed ar15's, it would be nice to each have a suppressor to fill this role. This would not happen often.
- Having a good recoil impulse would be an appreciated feature - I know some of the newer suppressors are designed with this in mind
- Doesn't hinder precision - designed with precision in mind
- Repeatability
- Pretty new to the suppressor game, so I haven't really developed a strong preference in regards to whether I would prefer for the can to be more portable, or if I would want ultimate sound suppression. Perhaps something in the middle?
- Not being too heavy would be nice
- Budget ~$1000 or less. I don't have the fiscal flexibility that I once did, and it hurts that I already have around ~$900 sunk into another suppressor that I will most likely never see.
- 5/8x24 direct thread mounting.

Right now, the Abel Company Biscuit seems really intriguing and checks some of the boxes. Not sure if there are other suppressors that fill a similar role that I should be looking at as well. Curious to hear what others are using for a similar application.
I tried out the KGM stuff at Precision rifle expo last weekend. They are fantastic! Better yet they have them on sale now through Snipers Hide

Reactions: kthomas
Energetic Armaments Vox may be worth a look.
With a VOX suppressor the ATF says you can only have one disc at a time. Stupid I know, but you can buy the material by the roll. Then you only need a chunk of 4x4 and the appropriate stamp to cut a new disc. ATF says that that disc is actually the 'suppressor' part. Supposed to have a gunsmith remove and replace the disc. (Note the words 'supposed' to) But the material is relatively cheap and only good for 10-20 rounds before the decibels rise. Energetic arms actually tells you the material and who makes it.

Reactions: AllenOne1
Curious to get some thoughts on what suppressor people would choose for my application.

Long story short, I bought a titanium suppressor many years ago from Crux, but wasn't able to receive it close to ATF's approval due to having to relocate out of the country for work. When I came back to the US, Crux was under new ownership, and was going to work with me to get my suppressor. They've recently gone dark on comms, I'm assuming at this point the titanium suppressor that I've paid for will never be in my possession. Now I'm looking for a new suppressor.

- Main goal is for precision rifles, and will work on cartridges from 6BRA to .300NM
- Bonus if it works on ar15's and has the "standard" 1-3/8x24 - not a requirement, as I have a SiCo Omega that fills this role. However, if the wife and I wanted to both shoot suppressed ar15's, it would be nice to each have a suppressor to fill this role. This would not happen often.
- Having a good recoil impulse would be an appreciated feature - I know some of the newer suppressors are designed with this in mind
- Repeatability
- Pretty new to the suppressor game, so I haven't really developed a strong preference in regards to whether I would prefer for the can to be more portable, or if I would want ultimate sound suppression. Perhaps something in the middle?
- Budget ~$1000 or less. I don't have the fiscal flexibility that I once did, and it hurts that I already have around ~$900 sunk into another suppressor that I will most likely never see.

Right now, the Abel Company Biscuit seems really intriguing and checks some of the boxes. Not sure if there are other suppressors that fill a similar role that I should be looking at as well. Curious to hear what others are using for a similar application.
I bought a Silencerco Hybrid 46. It's good on every caliber and pistols . Love it . Check it out

I bought a Silencerco Hybrid 46. It's good on every caliber and pistols . Love it . Check it out

Thanks for the suggestion.

I decided to give the Abel Biscuit a try.

I didn't really look at SiCo that much, already have a couple of their suppressors (which are great), guess I was looking to try something new.

Between the wife and I, we have a SiCo Omega (does double duty on her bolt gun and ar15), a SiCo Octane 45HD (pistols & rimfire), and a TacOps titanium suppressor for my X-Ray-51, which should be approved pretty soon.

The SiCo Hybrid 46, now just looking at it, does seem like a nice "do it all" suppressor at a fair price. I do question the feasibility of sharing a suppressor between that many hosts, specifically between rifles (and ar15's) with pistols. I don't see how that is functionally feasible, as you would have to change out the back end of the can when you swap between those hosts. I think an Omega would better fit my role (which I already have), if I was to stick with SiCo. I do think that suppressor would be great on a lever gun though.

I agree on the SilencerCo Hybrid 46. They have a new model that just came out that will handle anything. The SilencerCo 46M. Have one on order.

If you get the quick connect option you can use the can on any rifle that has a matching muzzle device, Easy peazy to switch

- Repeatability

Silencer Central, can be your annswer.

I agree on the SilencerCo Hybrid 46. They have a new model that just came out that will handle anything. The SilencerCo 46M. Have one on order.

If you get the quick connect option you can use the can on any rifle that has a matching muzzle device, Easy peazy to switch

I do like suppressors that have the standard 1-3/8x24 thread pitch, for the ability to change to my desired mounting system.

Because I'm planning on having this suppressor do double duty on both my bolt gun and ar15, I plan on utilizing the Q Plan B system, which my wife's Omega 300 is using.

The only real downside to the Q Plan B system is the lack of acceptable muzzle brakes for precision rifles. However, I'm working with my favorite self timing muzzle brake manufacturer to hopefully change that :cool:

I absolutely love my Dead Air Nomad-LT. It's one of the quietest and best-sounding cans I've ever heard. I highly recommend it...You won't be disappointed.

I’m in the market for a new .30 cal can and didn’t want to start a whole new thread

This DA can is really catching my eye.

I was also hoping to stick around $1100.

I use Griffin mounts but a 1.375x24 omega threaded can would also be nice. Not opposed to 5/8x24 direct thread

My priorities are weight (current old tech 7.62 can is a stainless steel boat anchor at 23oz), so keeping it below 16oz is important for me. I like the Griffin Recce 7 (I’ve got a recce 5) but it’s a tad heavy. The Paladin .30 is 14.5oz but I’m unsure if a serviceable can for precision rifle and hunting is something I want.

The Rugged Radiant is very appealing, and so is the Micro30 (suppression would probably suffer with the latter) and I don’t have any rugged mounts presently so it wouldn’t get moved around.

The YHM resonator 2 is at the upper limit of my weight range. Looks solid but unsure how these stack up in terms of performance. Has the omega threading which is a huge plus and the price is about half of some others I’ve been eyeballing

And finally the CGS Hyperion K. Read a lot of good things about it and it’s larger sibling. At 10.2oz and 6.3” it’s definitely compact. Being Titanium, does it have sparking issues?

Lots of options nowadays!

Any opinions or suggestions are appreciated

I’m in the market for a new .30 cal can and didn’t want to start a whole new thread

This DA can is really catching my eye.

I was also hoping to stick around $1100.

I use Griffin mounts but a 1.375x24 omega threaded can would also be nice. Not opposed to 5/8x24 direct thread

My priorities are weight (current old tech 7.62 can is a stainless steel boat anchor at 23oz), so keeping it below 16oz is important for me. I like the Griffin Recce 7 (I’ve got a recce 5) but it’s a tad heavy. The Paladin .30 is 14.5oz but I’m unsure if a serviceable can for precision rifle and hunting is something I want.

The Rugged Radiant is very appealing, and so is the Micro30 (suppression would probably suffer with the latter) and I don’t have any rugged mounts presently so it wouldn’t get moved around.

The YHM resonator 2 is at the upper limit of my weight range. Looks solid but unsure how these stack up in terms of performance. Has the omega threading which is a huge plus and the price is about half of some others I’ve been eyeballing

And finally the CGS Hyperion K. Read a lot of good things about it and it’s larger sibling. At 10.2oz and 6.3” it’s definitely compact. Being Titanium, does it have sparking issues?

Lots of options nowadays!

Any opinions or suggestions are appreciated
Based on your criteria, it sounds like the Nomad-LT is exactly what you want... I really love mine. It's one of the quietest .30 cal suppressors I've ever heard. Based on what you say you are looking for, If you go the Nomad-LT route, you will not regret your purchase. I 10/10 highly recommend it. 👍🏼

It's a tad bit heavier, but the Otter Creek Labs PR30L is another awesome option to look into. I should be testing one out pretty soon, and then will most-likely be purchasing one to add to the collection. And @AndrewKing is a great guy, and a forum member here. 👍🏼

Reactions: SilencedShooter11B
My DeadAir Sandman suppressors are just as consistent and accurate as my direct thread Thunderbeast 30-P1. I run them on my semis and bolt guns with outstanding results.

Reactions: FuhQ and kthomas
Based on your criteria, it sounds like the Nomad-LT is exactly what you want... I really love mine. It's one of the quietest .30 cal suppressors I've ever heard. Based on what you say you are looking for, If you go the Nomad-LT route, you will not regret your purchase. I 10/10 highly recommend it. 👍🏼

It's a tad bit heavier, but the Otter Creek Labs PR30L is another awesome option to look into. I should be testing one out pretty soon, and then will most-likely be purchasing one to add to the collection. And @AndrewKing is a great guy, and a forum member here. 👍🏼

The Nomad-LT seems like a great can.

Certainly worthy of consideration.

Reactions: FuhQ
My DeadAir Sandman suppressors are just as consistent and accurate as my direct thread Thunderbeast 30-P1. I run them on my semis and bolt guns with outstanding results.
All of my KeyMo mounted cans are the same, as well. 100% consistent with removing and reinstalling the same can on the same rifle each time. I don't have any discernible POI shift with any of them on my AR's, or on my precision rifles. 👍🏼

Can any of these cans thread onto a TBAC Brake? I’ve got an Ultra 7 with their brake on all my rifles. I really like the Nomad but I don’t want to switch out all my rifles.

Can any of these cans thread onto a TBAC Brake? I’ve got an Ultra 7 with their brake on all my rifles. I really like the Nomad but I don’t want to switch out all my rifles.
I think someone out there makes a 1.375x24 adapter that will fit the Nomad cans to run the TBAC brakes. I think it was Area 419, but I can't remember.

Nope. Used TBAC brakes bring almost new prices, and you can switch to Area 419 and have money left over though.

I absolutely love my Dead Air Nomad-LT. It's one of the quietest and best-sounding cans I've ever heard. I highly recommend it...You won't be disappointed.

It appears to only go up to .300 Winchester, not .300 Norma.

It appears to only go up to .300 Winchester, not .300 Norma.
It specifically says in the product description that it is rated up to .300 Norma Mag. Which means it's also rated for up to .300 RUM.

First paragraph, last sentence...

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 1.06.55 PM.png