• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors suppressor with 17-4ph baffles on an sbr? baffle erosion?

uracowman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Has anyone had any experience running a suppressor with 17-4ph baffles on an sbr? Any issues with baffle erosion?

I'm looking to run a 17-4ph baffle material suppressor on a 7.5 inch sbr.

I run a form-1 can made entirely from 17-4 on a 10.5" , it has maybe 2500 rounds through it and I can see some "erosion on the first baffle but it just looks like the polished finish is rougher but my can uses a brake style mount.
to be perfectly honest I don't see any benefit to the 17-4 over 316L for the baffles. The 17-4 is a painter in the ass to machine and expensive. I'd maybe invest in a piece of inconel for the blast baffle.

JJones,

Did you heat treat your baffles?

I have a Form1 build on a 16" barrel SPR that uses a 17-4PH blast baffle treated to H900. Almost 4000 rounds and the blast baffle looks great. Not a SBR and I also use a brake mount, but I'm getting really good life out of the 17-4 on 16-18 inch barrels.