• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Suppressors and CZ P10 Tac models VS HK vp9 Tac models

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
Any personal knowledge of reliability with suppressors for the CZ P10 TAC models VS HK VP9 Tac models, would be appreciated. I ask because it's not uncommon to read about Sig p320s not running well with suppressors of many brands.

I’m not much of a pistolero but happen to have a bit of experience with both handguns mentioned. It’s been my experience that the main issues are the spring weight and ammunition used. Your pistol will also break in a bit from new which can affect reliability. In other words, it depends. Be prepared to spend some time and money getting it dialed in.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I’m not much of a pistolero but happen to have a bit of experience with both handguns mentioned. It’s been my experience that the main issues are the spring weight and ammunition used. Your pistol will also break in a bit from new which can affect reliability. In other words, it depends. Be prepared to spend some time and money getting it dialed in.
I think that's a very reasonable assessment.

Regarding the p320 series- as much as I like them- there's plenty of internet data showing they're problematic with cans- even Sig branded cans... And I don't know that I've ever read any definitive causes. Hopefully that will change soon.

I have a VP9 with a SiCo threaded barrel.

With a Octane 45HD can, the pistol doesn't reliably operate with 115 or 124 grain rounds. I've yet to try it with heavier ammo.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I have a VP9 with a SiCo threaded barrel.

With a Octane 45HD can, the pistol doesn't reliably operate with 115 or 124 grain rounds. I've yet to try it with heavier ammo.
Thanks for the data point.
I'm looking at maybe a CZ P10c or P10F in their Tactical models, or a VP9 Tactical, so the barrels would be OEM- I don't know if that would make a difference or not when compared to aftermarket.

Reactions: kthomas
Thanks for the data point.
I'm looking at maybe a CZ P10c or P10F in their Tactical models, or a VP9 Tactical, so the barrels would be OEM- I don't know if that would make a difference or not when compared to aftermarket.

You guys need to tune the recoil spring. Buy an uncaptured guide rod and 13, 14, and 15 lb recoil springs to find the right combo for your ammo.

Beware that you might need lighter striker springs as you go down to the lighter recoil springs. The striker spring wants to pull the slide out of battery against the recoil spring.