• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supressor threaded for TRG22

RossinFL

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2004
FL
What supressors can be had with threads that match the TRG22? Also does anyone make an adapter to go from the TRG thread to a more universal thread for a common can? Not sure what negative effects an adapter like this might have. I have seen where one smith cut a few inches from the muzzle making a small screw in piece of barrel which connects to the remainder of the barrel with a common thread. While this is clever, I would really like to keep the rifle intact. Are there any other options?

Re: Supressor threaded for TRG22

Two right off the top of my head...Gemtech and Shark. I'm sure there are many others. Shark can make interchangeable end caps with different threads.

Contact Mark McWillis at The Riddle of Steel.
www.trosusa.com

He can make any sort of suppressor adapter you might want. If the one you want isn't listed on the web site, e-mail him for a custom one.

BTW, the TRG thread pitch is M18x1.

Could SAS cut threads for their muzzle breaks to match the TRG thread? That would be great because I would like to keep the interoperability of their system between my .30 cal firearms.

It would also open up their market base (only slightly but a couple more cans sold for a minimal amount of work by threading their breaks slightly different wouldn't be a big deal to their bottom line and the possible outcome of some TRG owners purchasing their cans would be better then not).

Just my .02

Available in M18x1 (there are others probably):

AAC Cylcone
AAC Cyclone K
SWR Omega 30

I like the Cyclone the best.

Most major suppressor companies have M18x1 silencers (Gemtech, AAC, etc).