• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SureFire’s new SF Ryder 22a can available for purchase at SHOT '14

Street price and DB data would be nice. I really dont see how it can be any better than the current tier rimfire cans and if its anything like the rest of the surefire line it will be loud and expensive.

Street price and DB data would be nice. I really dont see how it can be any better than the current tier rimfire cans and if its anything like the rest of the surefire line it will be loud and expensive.

maybe Silencer Shop will do a measured dB demo of it with a bunch of other rimfire cans and then NOT include the Surefire's metered results?

edit: also, didnt these debut at SHOT 2011? Three years later and they are just now getting on the market? color me skeptical.

Last edited:
The surefire did so bad in that test that they thought something was wrong with it. Since we havent heard anything else about it and I havent asked them whatever came of it I'd venture to guess it was the typical loud surefire and they dont want to report it to keep a good relarionship with surefire. Every surefire can I've heard has been loud and overpriced for what you get.

Yes they debuted in 11 at shot. I can see them actually getting them out on form 3s but I'll wait to see one in persob and get some DB results. I bet its atleast 600 bucks. Surefire gucci wearing fanboys will undoubtedly gobble it up though.

Thats a pleasant surprise if thats what it goes to market for now. Usualky surefire cans are double what a comparable can costs.

The surefire did so bad in that test that they thought something was wrong with it. Since we havent heard anything else about it and I havent asked them whatever came of it I'd venture to guess it was the typical loud surefire and they dont want to report it to keep a good relarionship with surefire. Every surefire can I've heard has been loud and overpriced for what you get.

Yes they debuted in 11 at shot. I can see them actually getting them out on form 3s but I'll wait to see one in persob and get some DB results. I bet its atleast 600 bucks. Surefire gucci wearing fanboys will undoubtedly gobble it up though.

I spoke w/ silencer shop about this test and they were of the opinion that the suppressor was faulty. They stated that it was actually amplifying the sound, which wasn't consistent with other testing they had done w/ 762RC suppressors.

I was very interested in this can but Surefire took too long and I ended up w/ a Spectre ii. Not sure that I'll want/need a different 22 can anytime soon...

They stated that it was actually amplifying the sound

Surefire needs to patent this immediately.

A small non-electronic device that can amplify sound is a gold mine. Amazing Bell Labs never figured out how to do this.

Concert Halls could do away with cost of sound systems. Musicians just attach these to their instruments and poof, natural sound amplified!

*If* the SF was down around 110 - 114 with multiple reputable independent testers, then OK I'd be interested. However we all know it is going to be a $450+ can, and right now between Liberty, SWR, and Silencerco the market is saturated with $300 - $400 114 - 117 cans that have ALL the features one would expect in a modern rimfire can.

Just me.

I don't always "Like", but when I do its something true, and funny.