• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire Ryder throwing shots

Crang

What me worry?
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2006
    Texas Hills
    Got a Surefire Ryder a few years back.In all honesty never used it much. I did a few times and everything seemed legit. No issues. Well I live in suburbia and the squirrels are tearing up my victory garden. Decided to kill them off and use the Ryder. I made the classic mistake of changing too many things on a rifle at once- new stock, new rail, new glass, but at least the Ryder had been used before without issue.

Well go to sight in some CB caps to do some squirell whacking and the thing hits about a foot off at 30 feet. Scope ran out of adjustment trying to fix it. Tried a few ammos- same thing. Risked pissing off my hippie neighbors and shot an unsupressed shot. Hit exactly where it should- probalem is clearly the suppressor. I cant see any baffle strikes, its been fine on this rifle before. It has the same bad effect on all ammos tried.

Tearing my hair out. My testing is pretty limited option wise as we are on lockdown here. But I really need to kill the squirrels more than ever.

Its not uncommon for a suppressor to change the point of impact. Are the shots high, low, left, right? Is the shift repeatable when you remove and reinstall the suppressor? How does it group?

Not uncommon at all, but once the can is on it should be repeatable every shot, if they are throwing random shots something is wrong.