• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire SOCOM 2 RC2 or 300SPS

Eromberger

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2017
Greencastle , PA
looking to buy a suppressor for my LWRC 16.1” 223
looking at the 762 RC2 and the 300SPS in the SOCOM 2 series.
There is a $500 price difference between the two and I was wondering why or should I go with the RC2 in the 5.56 which is the same price as the 300sps.
Thanks

If length is the biggest concern the RC2 would be the first choice BUT if length is not a big concern then the new 300SPS sounds better, and you can run it on multiple platforms. It’s not tthat much longer either.

The new 300 SPS is VERY quiet (compared to the existing SF line and even some other top manufacturers) on the 223,308,300blk and 300WM.

Let know how you feel about it.
I was looking at the Q Thunder Chicken or the 300 SPS, the db’s are about the same. The 300 is made of far more heavy duty material, but is 6 oz heavier.

If I we’re going with just Surefire products, it would be the 300 without question.

I love mine. Have a Omega too and thought the 300 sounded just as good as the Omega on a .308 shooting supers when shot side by side. On a 300BO with subs…freaking, ridiculously, stupid quiet.

I love mine. Have a Omega too and thought the 300 sounded just as good as the Omega on a .308 shooting supers when shot side by side. On a 300BO with subs…freaking, ridiculously, stupid quiet.

I am not a fan of Surefire, but I really like the 300 sps.

How is it on blowback and getting gas to the face?
Also it is heavier than the omega, do you feel the weight when you shoot?
Are there any negatives that you have noticed?

I'm tired or the blowback on my SOCOM RC 2. After 100 rounds on a bolt 6.5 the can is almost stuck on and the gun is is covered a good 6 -8 inches back.... Just put a TBAC Ultra 7 30 Cal in jail...

Got the 300SPS in jail currently, intent is to use on multiple platforms.

Please let me know how you feel about? Also will this be your 1st can?

I'm tired or the blowback on my SOCOM RC 2. After 100 rounds on a bolt 6.5 the can is almost stuck on and the gun is is covered a good 6 -8 inches back.... Just put a TBAC Ultra 7 30 Cal in jail...

Interesting, I have the opposite experience with my RC2 5.56.

Brass (from AR) ejects clean like it was from an unsuppressed gun. I tried a gemtech suppressed carrier and it didn't work because there wasn't enough blowback to cycle on "suppressed" setting.

I did compare side by side with the SPS300 and on the same gun in .223, the SPS is quieter.

Interesting, I have the opposite experience with my RC2 5.56.

Brass (from AR) ejects clean like it was from an unsuppressed gun. I tried a gemtech suppressed carrier and it didn't work because there wasn't enough blowback to cycle on "suppressed" setting.

I did compare side by side with the SPS300 and on the same gun in .223, the SPS is quieter.

My issue is blowback from around the mount, weather it be a muzzle brake or flashhider the end of my barrel is dirty. The Fast attach, quick ratchet attachment has a poor seal in my experience. No matter how clean the mount is and no matter how tight I twist the lock on it's still dirty.

My issue is blowback from around the mount, weather it be a muzzle brake or flashhider the end of my barrel is dirty. The Fast attach, quick ratchet attachment has a poor seal in my experience. No matter how clean the mount is and no matter how tight I twist the lock on it's still dirty.

Oh I see. Yeah, I have to clean my mount regularly. If I don't after 5 or so trips, the suppressor is very difficult to get off. I actually carry a strap wrench for that purpose.

I got my first bolt rifle and took it to Cali on a road trip, and now I'm back in PA, so I finally stuck my SF 300SPS on my 24" 6.5x47 and it was pretty amazing. Factory Lapua 139 scenar ammo. The brass looked clean upon ejection, just like shooting unsuppressed. The chamber looks like a polished, smooth, bright clean finish, so I don't see any carbon fouling after 600 rounds unsuppressed and 75 rounds suppressed. Recoil was reduced, and it was an absolute pleasure to shoot. I was laughing how quiet it was. I shot the last 25 rounds with no ear pro and my ears were totally fine. I usually ear plug and muff, but in the future I'll just plug up with this one.
14 suppressors in the my safe, and I shot my omega on a 18" 308 gasser, which is not a good comparison, but 300SPS wins, no surprise, due to the extra 6" of barrel as well as more volume on the SPS. Tone goes to the 300SPS as well, but again, not the best comparison.
My griffin armament Recce 7 on my 16" LWRC REPR has a great tone, and is amazing to shoot, but hurts the ears without ear pro. I lit one off without ears just to check it out. I need more time behind the Omega but I have a feeling the REPR/Recce7 has a better tone than the CA-10/Omega.
Overall, I'm very happy with the 300SPS and can't wait to get behind it again and start load development.

Scott

I am not a fan of Surefire, but I really like the 300 sps.

How is it on blowback and getting gas to the face?
Also it is heavier than the omega, do you feel the weight when you shoot?
Are there any negatives that you have noticed?

I haven't noticed any blowback or gas in my face.
Nor have I felt the extra weight.
It does seem to get stuck on the muzzle brake after 100-200 rounds.