• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire Socom or similiar suppressor life on MK18 style rifles

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
Just posting this to see how harsh the Mk18 style Ar's are on suppressors. I have a DDMK18 and waiting on Surefire SOCOM 556RC transfer to go through. What is the expected life of suppressors such as this if just shot semi auto with no real long rates of fire? I've been told they don't last long on SBR's and was seeing if anyone can confirm or deny this.

Thanks,

Alan

I have ~15k rounds of mostly full auto shooting from a 10.5" & the suppressor is still in good shape. I run a brake to absorb most of the blast. I've been running the SOCOM on my 14.5" since they've been released & still looks new

Thanks! So would it be better for me to get the surefire brake rather than the flash hider for the quick attach suppressor? Never knew one would help more than the other.

Alan

Last edited: