• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire suppressor - SOCOM 408 ELR?

VanJoe

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2017
Jacksonville
Anyone have any experience with this one yet? I see Mile High has them on their site (https://www.milehighshooting.com/surefire-socom408-elr-black/). I don't shoot ELR yet but would like to get one that has some flexibility with the bore for down the road. .338, .375, etc. This was one of their new ELR cans they had at SHOT a couple of years ago. I don't think they ever released the .375 ELR version.

I have a SureFire 9Ti can that I like the quality of so wouldn't mind another one of theirs.

Another I see is the OSS "HX-QDL-ELR 338 Ti". Not sure how if labeled as .338 it "is rated up to .408 Cheytac"?!

Thanks.

Last edited:
anyone anyone anyone

giphy.gif

lmao

This is a tough space.

Many of the cans don’t measure up to a muzzle brake in recoil reduction, and with a 375 if you don’t have some weight it will kick your face in.

.50BMG is like this too - military testing showed that most cans increased recoil to “holy shit” levels, and half of the cans increased it to “unfireable.”.

I just got to play with a .50 can and it damn near broke my neck lol.

Reactions: kthomas
This is a tough space.

Many of the cans don’t measure up to a muzzle brake in recoil reduction, and with a 375 if you don’t have some weight it will kick your face in.

.50BMG is like this too - military testing showed that most cans increased recoil to “holy shit” levels, and half of the cans increased it to “unfireable.”.

I just got to play with a .50 can and it damn near broke my neck lol.

I shot a .375CT with a pistol can (it was rated for it :oops:), and that thing was absolutely violent...

Reactions: Taylorbok