• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Sureshot NV Re-tube Work...

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    ...is amazing!

1699585525306.png

Just got my trusty PVS-27 back from Jay at SSNV and the work he did is nothing short of amazing. This old refurb Omni unit got torn down, tuned up, an L3 tube with 81lp resolution swap, Cerakote re-finish with laser engraving. Just outstanding!

1699585665986.png

1699585684553.png

1699585699351.png

1699585773976.png

20x zoom on the Spotter

Is that rated for 300wm post retube? Looks great

Nah, unfortunately he can only guarantee a .308 recoil rating with the retube. I have a ClipNV-LR I use for the magnums.

Reactions: Huskydriver
    Dogtown, can you tell me what the rail is that is holding the 27 to the spotting scope?
    Thanks

...is amazing!

View attachment 8268581

Just got my trusty PVS-27 back from Jay at SSNV and the work he did is nothing short of amazing. This old refurb Omni unit got torn down, tuned up, an L3 tube with 81lp resolution swap, Cerakote re-finish with laser engraving. Just outstanding!

View attachment 8268583
    View attachment 8268584

View attachment 8268585
    View attachment 8268586
    20x zoom on the Spotter
    Very cool set up.
    I have to concur, I hear nothing but great things about SureShots work. Very nice!

Yup, I'd heard good things here too. I had a really good initial talk with Jay on the phone about what I was looking for and he was able to get a high resolution tube for me. Comms were great too as he would fill me in on progress over the course of a month or so that it was with him. And lastly he overnighted the completed device to me - easy.

My initial test was just on my neighborhood street, so granted there was a lot more ambient illumination than I normally have to deal with. Tonight I'll test it at distance with/without IR illum out in the nearby nature preserve where it tends to be quite dark. But even then, I'm pretty impressed with how much of an upgrade this new tube is. On top of that, how often do you get to handpick specs on a tube for a clip-on? Pretty damned good service.