• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon Build... DONE!! Pics up!

Northland

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Louisiana
Well I have all the parts here, Now I just have to mail them off to be put together! Should be a pretty good rifle after it's all finished up.

P9170052.jpg

Should look something like this:

P9170053.jpg

Re: Surgeon Build...

That's gonna be badass! We need more details on your components!

- Surgeon 591 (Going to be a .308)
- Krieger 5R barrel MTU Contour
- Badger M5
- Rifle Basix trigger
- Mcmillan A5 50% OD, 25% Tan, and 25% Black
- US Optics SN3 - 3.2-17x44

Going to be finished in OD and barrel finished around 22 inches. If I don't like it like that, it'll get a surefire brake added to it.

I gotta say man, its a nice looking stick. I really like your color choices.

I think the surefire on it would look awesome as well.

How much is she gonna weigh in at?

No idea how much it'll weight. Roscoe's about to get my 700 to have a NVG mount installed in the stock

Do it at 18" and the Surefire Brake! Thats the way to go. Awesome components and please post pics when its done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woodstock-16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do it at 18" and the Surefire Brake! Thats the way to go. Awesome components and please post pics when its done! </div></div>

Saw yours and love it. But I think I'm going to do that to my 700 that I have... But I'll probably end up for it on all of my damn rifles sooner or later

Ozzie just send me some pictures of the completed rifle! It looks awesome! I'm at work right now and I can't save pictures on my work computer so I'll add them when I get home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent.

RANGE REPORT!!!!

Congrats,

Trilogymac </div></div>

Hasn't got to my house yet, those are just pictures he sent me after it was done. Also that's his NF he put on for the pictures, I'll be using that USO in the first pics.

I think I just shed a tear... That thing is beautiful. Hopefully we can see some range reports on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yoda1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might want to switch your rings around. They are on the wrong way. Nice rifle </div></div>

"Hasn't got to my house yet, those are just pictures he sent me after it was done. Also that's his NF he put on for the pictures, I'll be using that USO in the first pics."

Thats a few post up incase you didn't see.

Also, there is nothing saying the nut can't be on the right right of the rifle, even though I have mine on the left.

How do they mount the nv rail onto the stock. It looks like it's bolted on so do they epoxy inserts into the stock or what? Badass gun by the way

Wow. I would normally say something like "awesome rig" or "looks badass" but I think it looks way better than I can put words to.

I'm looking forward to the range report!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
strsurgeon-2.jpg
</div></div>Is that the 22" or 18" plus the break?

VERY nice build. I have a Krieger MTU profile barrel coming in for my rifle too. I've been struggling with the length though. Don't know which way to go.

Be sure to let us know how it shoots. I'd like to get a brake as well, but am worried about negative effects on accuracy.

Nut job - One peice is epoxied in the stock and then the top is screwed on with 6 screws.

Nav195- I went with the 20'' + brake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nut job - One peice is epoxied in the stock and then the top is screwed on with 6 screws.

Nav195- I went with the 20'' + brake </div></div>
whats the twist rate? Let us know how she shoots. My build will be very similar. Ive got a bartlein 11.5 5r ready, MCM A5 and M5 bottom metal and Rem700 action.

1/10 5R. We have training Monday. Gonna put a few hundred rounds through it