• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon Is Taking Action Orders

Papagallos

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
South Texas, United States
I received this through email:

"Are you looking for the best action on the market for your custom rifle? Surgeon is now taking orders on 591 short actions, 1086 long actions, and 1581 XL actions!

And here is some more great news: Surgeon Rifles is maintaining 2012 pricing! But with 250 actions available
for the remainder of 2014, there is a
very limited supply. These actions will be first come, first serve, and you should expect a 60 day turnaround.
Check out the available models atwww.surgeonrifles.com. Have questions? Give us a call at 405-567-0183 or email sales@surgeonrifles.com"

There you have it. 2012 pricing!!!!!! A lot of recent Surgeon action buyers are feeling retarded right about now. :D

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
If you guys aren't desperate for one for a build, hold off just a bit until you see what Impact Precision is going to bring to the table. I think you'll be very pleased. Obviously the wheel has not been reinvented, it's still just a rifle action, but improvements have been made based on time in the field as a match shooter, as well as shooter's complaints with other current popular actions.

On a side note, Impact Precision is the creation of actual match/field shooters & gunsmiths who are a active part of the shooting community and plan to make a strong showing by supporting and giving back to this sport as much as possible.

they also promised a left handed receiver too but that didn't go anywhere...meh

After the surgeon order debacle they had with stringing action orders along for over a year, I'm done. Either Defiance or Bighorn will get my business for my next build.

I just got my call from kelsey, my 1581xl (lapua bolt face) order from 2012 is being filled and will ship in 30 days. Too bad i already bought another one....Anyone want it before I cancel it??

Now....if only all the suckers in the FS Section paying $3-4 hundy over would get a clue :rolleyes:
memo.jpg

Why would anyone want an inferior action with an inferior extractor. Defiance is a lefty friendly action smoother and cheaper.

Oh I imagine they will sell for sure it's a good price,some people will stay loyal and be part of the herd, I love my 591 but...for me I have moved on with Bighorn and Defiance and I very impressed for sure with both

I gave up two days too soon. I was wanting a 1086R action. I've made a couple offers in the classifieds for one. I've waited over a year thinking they would start taking orders again. When people recently started receiving the 591 actions that had been on order for so long, I sent them an email asking if they had any plans about starting to take orders again. I didn't get a reply back from them. I gave up and ordered a BAT on Monday. Then I saw this thread yesterday.

Anyone have any experience with the Alpha ll actions that Mark at Short Action Customs is using? I believe they are built by Defiance? Sorry for the thread jack op.

Anyone have any experience with the Alpha ll actions that Mark at Short Action Customs is using? I believe they are built by Defiance? Sorry for the thread jack op.

curious to this one too, they build some nice rifles and thinking about going with one in the near future but have no first hand exp.

I have one. I moved from a Surgeon to the Alpha 11 and couldn't be happier. Mine is Melonited and has the LBC mod, its the slickest action I've ever felt. Extraction and performance are WAY better then my old Surgeon.

I have surgeon based rifles, but other companies have been more proactive in improving their products as well as response to their customer base. Surgeon will have a tuff road ahead to win back the customers they have alienated. The precision rife market has gotten much more competitive in recent years and Surgeon is no longer the only game town.

If you guys aren't desperate for one for a build, hold off just a bit until you see what Impact Precision is going to bring to the table. I think you'll be very pleased. Obviously the wheel has not been reinvented, it's still just a rifle action, but improvements have been made based on time in the field as a match shooter, as well as shooter's complaints with other current popular actions.

On a side note, Impact Precision is the creation of actual match/field shooters & gunsmiths who are a active part of the shooting community and plan to make a strong showing by supporting and giving back to this sport as much as possible.

Still advertising without an account? Awseome.....

"going to bring" means nothing in the firearms business

Surgeons are good actions, I'm all set with 4 of them on rifles/projects.
I have to say though, I wonder about their business savvy when they have
these supply issues. It isn't a good way to do business.

Last year and half or so have been very strange, now it seems they've caught up on back orders.

After some consideration I went by there yesterday and ordered one more 591 WSM action.

Still thinking about an XL.

Funny that one guy leaves from surgeon and builds rifles and doesnt even use surgeon in his builds hmm....

What extractor do they use? I have a surgeon and a defiance surgeon bleh...

He uses defiance actions. But why if he's used to surgeons and they are so perfect.

He uses defiance actions. But why if he's used to surgeons and they are so perfect.

Can't get the actions perhaps? Perhaps they won't sell to him (and there there are MANY possibles reasons for this). Or perhaps just bad blood.

Why don't you ask him and get back to us when you have the facts?

Yeap ,

Bighorn are not accepting orders due to back log , and Defiance are 6 mth lead time , so how are you guys buying Bighorn & Defiance actions ?

Can't get the actions perhaps? Perhaps they won't sell to him (and there there are MANY possibles reasons for this). Or perhaps just bad blood.

Why don't you ask him and get back to us when you have the facts?

A quick look through my current bolt action build list shows Defiance, Bat, Surgeon, Xtreme, Badger, Bighorn, Stiller, Lawton, Remington, FN, Sako, AI, and Mcmillan actions in no particular order. They are all good actions. They all have strong points. Addressing any weak points is part of what makes a rifle builder just that and not just an assembler.

I have enough rifle build backlog that our new action will be out by the time new orders for rifle builds are filled, but I still have actions from other manufacturers on order for the same time frame. Choices are always good.

No bad blood and no axe to grind. I was just headed in a completely different direction than Strategic Armory as a whole. I still have many good friends at Strategic Armory, particularly at Surgeon and ArmaLite.

Wade, looking forward to getting one of your AI AT barrels.

Saw this posted by Surgeon on Facebook a few days ago. The situation over there is interesting to say the least...

Hi Wade ,

Do Accuracy International now sell their actions ? , I have a few of their rifles , but not their seperate actions .

Cheers Chris