• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon Rifles lets see em!

apricot

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
midwest usa
hey guys please post up some pics of your surgeon rifles . i have 2 weeks left for my first from them and i cant hardly wait! :) once mine arrives i will post some pics. thank you gents.

surgeon-2.jpg

Here are a couple of my 223's. I have a couple of 308's also. Enjoy the new rifle!

Surgeon Scalpels

Surgeon Scalpel 6.5 Creedmoor McM A5 OD green marble (in the pic the rifle behind the 6.5 CM is not a Surgeon).

Other pic is my Surgeon Scalpel .300 Win Mag, McM A5 Sand.

I also own a Surgeon Scalpel 7WSM in an AI 2.0 chassis (no pic on this new iPhone) Awaiting the arrival of my latest Surgeon build...a 6XC in one of Terry's Sentinel stocks.

I once sold a Surgeon Scalpel 6.5 CM in an AI 2.0 (I did not need two 6.5 CM's). If I could kick my own ass I would for selling that rifle. Every Surgeon rifle I've ever shot have all been hammers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 22
Let's see if this works

570e6fed2e144b5bc4e16baa631c9da8_zps1a5e61b8.jpg

7fb9d2a3c4e113fe6eefc6e5c092465a_zpsedb89049.jpg

a600d31bd97ec4c0bf5e0a3b1f3af71c_zps1cb7f22e.jpg

My 591R in .308
Mcmillen A4
Jewell trigger
Badger DBM
Leopold Mk 4 6.5-20

The wife unit giving it a go

Last edited:
Congrats on your new purchase, it will provide countless hours of enjoyment in the most precise way!!! I've got a Remedy in 338LM & Scalpel 223 and they are tack drivers...

Thanks to Mark Gordon who recently put them both on a diet!!!

Click on the thumbnails for full size pics...

Below you can see both in their original form...

Click on the thumbnails for full size pics...

SAC 243

Here's a photo I snapped after depleting the turtle population at a buddies pond off the back of my work mobile.

Last edited:
Surgeon Rifles

On the table, from L to R:
Surgeon Scalpel 7WSM, AI 2.0 (black), Kreiger #10 fluted 26" 1-9"
Surgeon Scalpel 6.5 CM, AI 2.0 (green), Krieger #10 fluted 26" 1-8"
Surgeon Scalpel .300 Win Mag, McMillan A5A (sand), Bartlein #7 fluted 26" 1-10"

And...in the vise, new Surgeon build just arrived at my FFL:
Surgeon Scalpel 6XC, KMW Sentinel, Krieger #10 fluted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 31
love to get behind that stock one day before I buy,,,,

I can tell you it's the nicest stock I have ever had my hands on. Great attention to detail and nice featured. Very well made. Like the Ferrari version of an AICS with no bung hole lol.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

I can tell you it's the nicest stock I have ever had my hands on. Great attention to detail and nice featured. Very well made. Like the Ferrari version of an AICS with no bung hole lol.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

On mine, I didn't like sharp angle of the cheek piece and the exposed allen heads on my face. In the summer time the cheek piece was very slick when I would sweat. I called XLR and got a piece of the thin foam material that they use to cover their cheek pieces with. I put it on and then used an exacto knife to cut out for the lever on the quick detach cheek. It worked out great. Just a suggestion if it ever bothers you in the summer time.

59C9F415-652B-4462-90C7-85218F03D34E-48557-000008591957250B_zps75d3e394.jpg

Last edited:
Surgeon's service turnaround is pretty quick. My uncle has a surgeon in 6.5 creedmor that was a few years old, called to ask about swapping barrels, he happened to be nearby, so he met one of the employee's near Prague with his rifle, they re-barreled it in .308 and had it back to him the next day! Now a complete rifle, expect a wait, but nothing extraordinary long compared to most of the rifle 'smiths we are familiar with.

Nice rifles guys. Question for the guys that have Surgeons with AICS, are the actions bedded to the chassis? Just curious, thanks.

image.jpg...image.jpg...image.jpg

A new shine on an old Horstkamp Heavy 50BMG SWAT Version. With a truck axle for a barrel, she weighs in at over 45 pounds, but still shoots big holes real close together.

Last edited: