• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgery Complete

Yeah. Let's you know you're alive.

Two days down... two days closer to the rest of your life.

Reactions: 260284 and Doc68
Hope your feeling better doc! Take it slow brother!

Feel your pain. Was supposed to have my L4,L5,S1 all fused at the end of March. Shit got to hot with all this virus BS and they called it off the week before. Now I'm laying here sucking meds until they pull their heads out and resume surgeries. Was told a full year recovery. Keep posting updates, I'll be interested in hearing them even though we're on opposite ends of the spine. Take care.

Reactions: Doc68
Feel your pain. Was supposed to have my L4,L5,S1 all fused at the end of March. Shit got to hot with all this virus BS and they called it off the week before. Now I'm laying here sucking meds until they pull their heads out and resume surgeries. Was told a full year recovery. Keep posting updates, I'll be interested in hearing them even though we're on opposite ends of the spine. Take care.

Will do. I'll post weekly pain and progress.

I broke my neck in 2007. I have some steel inside now. Ive never been the same....hope you recover much better. However, you should also prepare for a new you. If I could change one thing in my life, Id choose that day. I suppose things could always be worse. I stay fit and active. The easier I approach life, the more my brain reminds me of how bad things still hurt. Stay active and fit.....it helps! Hoping for you to have a speedy recovery. Oh, and that badass scar on your neck goes away in 3 to 5 years, but prepare to whack it shaving A LOT!

Mornin Doc, hope you stay pain free today .Well,as much as possible.(y)(y)

C3 - T1. A 5 level disckectomy and fusion is significant. Been a long time since I’ve seen a doctor due that many levels at once outside of an acute trauma patient.

recovery is going to be slow. Be patient and work through it.

best wishes on your recovery.

So here are the xrays from my follow up the other day. Pain is slowly subsiding. I'm addition to my scar I could I have a numb spot from my chin to where my neck meets my chest.
20200527_110705.jpg
20200527_110616.jpg

I had "bugs under my skin" and involuntary leg twitching for two years. That shit passes. It's amazing how well the body can heal itself when you take care of yourself and stretch. Two week in man. Things will get better.

A little inspirational story. Buddy of mine got greedy in Iraq and refused to come off a roof after his 2nd shot (3 man IED team). He was waiting for the #3 (last living) asshat that was trying to bury an IED and was hiding in a ditch. Mortors started coming in and he waited. They hit the street in front of him and he sent his spotter and rear security down. Shitbag #3 popped his head up after the mortors hit the street and down that fucker went but when my buddy got up to boogy off the roof a mortor round hit the roof right behind him. He woke up in the street, blown off a 3 story. Long story short he finished that deployment but the pain and weakness in his arm got progressively worse. He got back to Blanchfield and saw a Doc there and they rushed him into surgery. The vertebrae was completely shifted and pinching his spine. He got a single level fused and did another rotation or two, then the level above it had to be done as that's usually what happens to levels above and below when you don't take care of yourself.

He still shoots prone highpower, runs the matches, he's an excellent gunsmith and carpenter. Both shoulders and knees done 2 x neck fusions and he's still going strong at almost 60.

Bad shit happens . You're dealing with it and soon you'll get on with life. Stay strong,,,,,, but don't get stupid ;) Maybe back out and let your 3rd guy walk....

Chris

Last edited:
Pain, I hate pain. Small pains can be tolerated. Big pains, especially big sudden pain that happens unexpectedly, those are hard. Constant big pain, and sudden frequent big pain, they suck. Hope you are better soon and get the end result promised when they sold the surgery.

Reactions: Doc68 and 260284