• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

surplus swede 6.5x55 Any sources?

MAT4-82

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 24, 2011
CA
Waiting on the rifle. Anyone know of a source for ammo.
Thanks

The least expensive Lapua brass going and amazing bullet/powder selection.

Reload it!

139 Scenar
Lapua brass
IMR 4064 (Approx. 37 grains)
BR2 primers

Bam!

Last edited:
I shot a lot of the Swede surplus Prickskytte (sniper) ammo when it was cheap.
Now it is harder to find and not cheap, Gunbroker is $1 a round and mine was not reloadable brass.
Some of the last batches from AIM were slightly corroded.

The suggestion to buy Lapua brass and load your own is still best idea.

Last edited:
I planned on loading just don't have dies yet. After searching around I thought this would be the response.
Would have been nice to find some swede surplus just to horse around with.
Is Lapua brass that much better than Norma, or RWS?
Is the Privi brass any good?
I have read that some of the US brass is undersized to swede mil spec.
Anyone seen that?

We have used normas golden target or norma recruit for many years. Or selliot bellot in 6,5x55 they run like clockwork. But i dont know if you can get them in the US. Lapua also makes them in match. Norma brass is close to being as good as lapuas.

I use a proven load from a friend in the UK who competes in international matches. I didn't follow it exactly and used the 140g SMK over the Sencar but it's RL-22 and the SMK

2d7246d1_zpsf474567e.jpg

I use a proven load from a friend in the UK who competes in international matches. I didn't follow it exactly and used the 140g SMK over the Sencar but it's RL-22 and the SMK

2d7246d1_zpsf474567e.jpg

Nice rifles! What charge weight does he use ? Just for reference!

You should use the printed start point from powder manufacturer it's on line. Work from there and be safe and don't go over the max with these sweet old rifles, mine is over 100 years old. I also recommend the Lee gold die set because it comes with the neck only fourth die. I did try 140g PRIVI pellet but performance was dismal compared to the SMK.

range001_zps42f9cff1.jpg

Went the Lapua brass route also instead of buying loaded ammo. Mine likes 140 gr bullets. Amazed how well it shoots.