• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SW model 66 357 value?

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
Had this gun in the safe for awhile, any idea the value of these pistols? 4” barrel.

Attachments

• 3FD09B50-0707-41BD-8A4C-67B9EB1F4EEF.jpeg
    3FD09B50-0707-41BD-8A4C-67B9EB1F4EEF.jpeg
    671 KB · Views: 45
  • 0AA190C4-20A7-4BE2-BE62-8A9B1EEFACF1.jpeg
    0AA190C4-20A7-4BE2-BE62-8A9B1EEFACF1.jpeg
    632.8 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: deltawiskey
Has a pinned barrel. Correct grips. Are the cylinders recessed? Original box and paperwork? All adds value.

Has a pinned barrel. Correct grips. Are the cylinders recessed? Original box and paperwork? All adds value.
I assume that’s a recessed cylinder and yes on box and papers.

Attachments

• CD8BCD32-E3C9-4E75-959A-85517C1C37B5.jpeg
    CD8BCD32-E3C9-4E75-959A-85517C1C37B5.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 48
Looks like it is in good used condition. Turn line on the cylinder, scuffs on the grips, and I assume the box looks its age. Revolver collectors tend toward perfection for the top dollar guns. Any little mark will detract value. One other thing to check is the grips. Take them off and see if the SN on the inside of the grip matches the gun. Little things like matching grips add value. Assuming yours has original grips, the box/papers are in good condition, and there are no issues with the gun outside of light wear, you're probably looking around 850-1000. The 66 is popular, but the top money goes to the snubs and 3" versions. 4" and 6" only get average money. Still a nice gun, and the 4" 66 just looks fantastic in my opinion. If you are in no hurry to sell, take it out and shoot it. A few boxes of ammo will not hurt the value since it is already used.

Looks like it is in good used condition. Turn line on the cylinder, scuffs on the grips, and I assume the box looks its age. Revolver collectors tend toward perfection for the top dollar guns. Any little mark will detract value. One other thing to check is the grips. Take them off and see if the SN on the inside of the grip matches the gun. Little things like matching grips add value. Assuming yours has original grips, the box/papers are in good condition, and there are no issues with the gun outside of light wear, you're probably looking around 850-1000. The 66 is popular, but the top money goes to the snubs and 3" versions. 4" and 6" only get average money. Still a nice gun, and the 4" 66 just looks fantastic in my opinion. If you are in no hurry to sell, take it out and shoot it. A few boxes of ammo will not hurt the value since it is already used.
Thank you.

Not looking to sell, just didn’t know what it would be valued at. It’s a great gun for the night stand safe.

Thank you.

Not looking to sell, just didn’t know what it would be valued at. It’s a great gun for the night stand safe.

The 4" k-frame is an excellent bedside gun. The 66 is one of my favorite S&W revolvers. Prices have been climbing on them in the last couple of years. Yours is also pinned and Recessed, which adds to the value. That feature was eliminated with the 66-2 model

I believe s&w stopped number matching the grips when this revolver was produce. I’m not saying that it was never done, but it became less common In the 70’s and 80’s