• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

swamp fox scopes?

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
looking for a 1-10 to replace my 1-8 on an AR. i believe these were evaluated on here in the past. done by ilya (?) who i believe is a knowledgeable scope reviewer. he seemed to think they were a good optic. $ matter and i am not in the market for razor or cronus $ levels. anybody have experience with one?

Reactions: Mountain425
Arrowhead 1-10x is a good scope for the money. To date, noone has yet come back to me to say that it did not perform well. It is not a Razor Gen3, but at that price it is not supposed to be. It is a perfectly competent SFP 1-10x scope and the company stands behind their products quite well.
This is the original review:

ILya

thank you for that. 1-10 sfp moa is what i want. looked at site and would prefer the full crosshair with center circle. is that "bdc" or "moa" reticle? graduations in moa. where to buy?

Last edited:
thank you for that. 1-10 sfp moa is what i want. looked at site and would prefer the full crosshair with center circle. is that "bdc" or "moa" retcle. graduations in moa. where to buy?

You order them directly from Swampfox or if you are a veteran, first responder type there's sites that offer discounts. You should be able to find all the info on reticles directly on the Swampfox site.

You could also look into Athlon as well, they have two different 1-10x models, one is a budget model. CameralandNY is a good vendor that supports the site and is a dealer.

agree with above. have 1-10 lower priced athlon on my other AR. love it. just want some variety and camera land is my main optics place. mike in FL? where? i am in levy co.

Unfortunately, swampfox is a Chinese company- not just made in China.

i have the 1-10x and it is decent for the price (but i am not a guru like ilya).
they offer the reticles in mil or moa, red or green.

the only con is maybe battery life if you leave it on...

I have two of them ... including the 1-10x. Both are great mid-level scopes. Not the crap you see on Amazon (low end) and not a premium scope like Leupold (high end) ... but quality stuff at a value price-point.

Big fan of my swampfox 1-10. It is a good optic for the price.

I have a swampfox 1-10 as well. It's a solid mid range optic for an AR. I got mine on a 1st Responder program and saved about 25%.

I have a swampfox 1-10, green mil reticle. Overall I like the features of the scope (for the price point).
I do not like it on 10x, and would not recommend anything above 8x with a 30mm tube/24mm objective.
The eyebox is too finicky at max power.

If you want more mag, stop looking at an LPVO. Do you really need 1X?
If not, start looking at 2.5-10 or 3x9 scopes or something like that with bigger objectives.

Last edited:
Reactions: stemikel
thank you for that. 1-10 sfp moa is what i want. looked at site and would prefer the full crosshair with center circle. is that "bdc" or "moa" reticle? graduations in moa. where to buy?

Full crosshair with a circle is the mrad model. Floating dot with a little space around and then lines with hashmarks is MOA. The one with three chevrons on the bottom is BDC.

ILya

thanks site is unclear
Actually, its really clear, if you look and navigate correctly.
You aren't the first to miss this, and you won't be the last.

1) go to arrowhead page

2) scroll down until white background gone, right above black section it says
At a Glance | Spec | Reticle | In The Box | Reviews
Those are tabs/selectors with the active one highlighted (yellow), click reticle

3) you now can select the different reticle types, select them and read a very detailed description.
Overall, its a great level of detail, not seen on many other sites.

4) you owe me a beer.

• Love
Reactions: Bakwa
x10Capture.JPG

I think they are totally worth it with the big discounts they have. I even got one for $200 when Swampfox had some pricing mistake through Amazon. But if you have to pay full price I might look at the Athlon Helos Gen2 1-10. They are a bit heaver with the 34mm tube, but the image is noticeably better and brighter to me.

People would sell their mothers and daughters to the Chinese if it meant being able to shoot with a shitty 1-10 lpvo for under $2000. Obviously.

I was told it was a guy that broke off from Primary Arms and started the Swampfox brand. But yes made in china

I was told it was a guy that broke off from Primary Arms and started the Swampfox brand. But yes made in china
SwampFox Optics is the American distribution brand for a leading Chinese OEM optics manufacturer (Shanghai Changhong Optoelectric)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, swampfox is a Chinese company- not just made in China.
The SwampFox website is vague on who they are. No references of employees, facilities, designing or testing. The SwampFox Optics CEO is Christopher D. Cox, but I can't find any info on his background in optics. A Chinese company in CO, with a warehouse and a sales/marketing office; I had no idea that SwampFox was not American owned.

Reactions: Quintus