• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Swamp People

Bacarrat

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Has anyone seen this show yet on the History Channel?

Coonass with a 22LR vs 800lb gator. Guess who wins?

Re: Swamp People

I have been watiching it.. good stuff. Yep teh ole .22 does the job on the "big'uns" too. LOL

Good show and man do those guys got some balls fucking with them big gators.One more reason why i love the 22rf so much.So far i have noticed a 39a,remmy pump,and marlin auto.

Sunday night at 10 on the History channel.

My brother was stationed down there in 1970 and he said he had alot of fun with them folks down there.

dey aint always the brightest in de bayou, if you saw the episode where the hungover lad had his 22rf revolver and a few 'misfires', you wished the old man would have slapped him upside the head..I like the show, they are some crazy coon asses

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sigster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sunday night at 10 on the History channel. </div></div>
    Thanks going to make a point to watch it.

I run gator lines and crawfish myself.A 22 will kill a 800 pound gator as as fast as it will kill a 2 pounder.Shot placement is the key.There is a soft spot just behind the skull plate that is the size of a half dollar piece.If you put the bullet there game over!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: __JR__</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dey aint always the brightest in de bayou, if you saw the episode where the hungover lad had his 22rf revolver and a few 'misfires', you wished the old man would have slapped him upside the head..I like the show, they are some crazy coon asses </div></div>

I think that we are pretty bright for a bunch of swamp people.You don't ever hear of a gator eating or biting anyone from here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: super90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't ever hear of a gator eating or biting anyone from here. </div></div>

Cus you never hear from them again...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: super90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I think that we are pretty bright for a bunch of swamp people.You don't ever hear of a gator eating or biting anyone from here. </div></div>

Last nights episode they said that someone dies every year. They did not say how, but as a fan of the show I can see many ways. Snakes, gators, falling out of the boat, Pygmy Indians, or maybe a not so well placed .22 ricochet.

When the guy missed a shot at one on a bank from distance, all I could think was.."Where is his .308?"

That show is awsome, cant wait to get back down South and away from all these tofu farting tree hugging damn dirt worshipering Libral ass hats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am lovin Troy....everytime his face hits the camera he's makin you smile. </div></div>

Troy is the shiznit! I'm definately hooked on this show! Them guys definately have some big brass balls!! That .22 may very well do the job with correct shot placement but I'd rather have the ole .308 or the 12g slug just in case my shot isn't so perfect! If the History Channel would just play this show and Pawn Stars it would be the only channel I ever need!

Willie throwin that hook and his Daddy cussin every breath because he can't snag the gator has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen.......You just can't make stuff up that funny.LMFAO

Great show, however if I was gator hunting, no way I'd carry a .22LR. More like a 30-06 or similar.

I noticed on Sunday's episode that when they were trying to shoot ole godzilla in open water, they were using a scoped long action bolt gun!

The .22 keeps the meat and hide intact.

i love this show dude. these guys are wholesome and entertaining. i like the premise of the show. Honest, hardworking men sticking to tradition as the world buzzes around them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The .22 keeps the meat and hide intact.

i love this show dude. these guys are wholesome and entertaining. i like the premise of the show. Honest, hardworking men sticking to tradition as the world buzzes around them </div></div>

Well said, and I agree!

s6

Most definitely one of my favorite shows.

Lets not leave out, Dual Survival, Man Woman Vs Wild...Kind of cheesy, but pulled me in...LOL

Swamp People is it! Looks like a blast!!

Chris

We just completed our annual gator hunt today. This morning a guy caught a 9'4" gator that went 180lbs. The gator had 3 gun shots in the head and it was still very much alive. He said, "We shot him 3 times." Yes, but it was in the skull. A nail with a hammer driven in behind the skull plate took care of him. It's amazing how thick their skull is.

The show is very much real except for all of the hype of how "deadly and killer" the creatures are. Most of the time if you don't mess with them they won't mess with you. All summer we've had a 8 footer in our swim area. He's not there for humans. He's there for the human's dogs that they take swimming with them. Nothing will bring in a gator like a dog in the water; not even rotten chicken.

Just watched an episode of this last night on history channels website, awesome show. Anyone know of any sites that have streaming episodes besides history channels? They only have one up at the moment and I dont own a tv.

I have some friends that live down there. I've been to visit several times. It is like a whole other country.

Mike, is about as cool as it gets, gets them w/o issue or flare, works with his hands in his shop and build's top quality item's, to add to his hip national. Nothing seems to rattle him, always prepared for most anything, true craftsman/survivor right there.

Bruce is next, gets/grows/process's them and waits on the market as well, smart move for the supposed dumn ass Cajun, he portrays.
    smirk.gif

Troy, is funny an good and I laugh every time I see him because of the

SSSHHHOOOOOOOTTT HHIIIMMM, SSSHHHOOOOOOOTTT HHIIIMMM, SSSHHHOOOOOOOTTT HHIIIMMM, wife says I could be his voice over if need be, as I've said it so much.
    grin.gif
    laugh.gif
    grin.gif
    laugh.gif
    smile.gif

True Americans all, if or when it all goes to shit them boys and their family's will never miss a beat, or meal.

I used to live in southern Louisiana back in the early 80's fixing helicopters at Air Logistics in New Iberia.
    Cajuns are some of the most down to earth folks I have ever met.
    Even though I was a damn yankee, they didn't really care. Well one did.
    I really loved living there, had alot of fun, ate some great food, and enjoyed some really hot women too. I miss being there.

Whomever is doing the editing for this show needs to be fired immediately.

They're splicing together footage and making shit up.

In one scene, where the guy was supposedly waiting for the perfect shot, they showed him using three different .22 rifles as he prepared, aimed, and fired.

1. Stainless semi-auto with wood furniture
    2. Lever action
    3. The one that he finally took the shot with, blued semi-auto w/ wood furniture

With that kind of editing, one has to wonder how much is real and how much they're making up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am lovin Troy....everytime his face hits the camera he's makin you smile. </div></div>

i was born in raised in the same town troy and his family is from. i went to school with Clint and Jacob. Just plain ole good people, no other way to say it. what troy was sayin about the old cajun culture dying of is very true. we still do alot of the ole school stuff when we go to the camp but thats about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Somebody should tell those boys to take the marbles out of their mouths before they talk....it would save the guy doing subtitles a lot of grief! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You obviously havent been to Louisiana. </div></div>

Ahhhhmen, different country, great folks, great food