• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Swamp rat knives?

operatorj

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2009
Heltonville ,Indiana
Anyone have any experience with Swamp Rat Knives. I am looking at the Rodent 6 and have not seen much on them as far as reviews go. Looking for a good all purpose knife.

Re: Swamp rat knives?

I have an R4 with a gray coated blade and green/black G10 scales...zero complaints. The knife feels bigger in the hand than it is so I imagine that the R6 must feel huge.

I know the steel they use is the same as busse and that is some of the best alround knife steel in the world. Some of the swamp rat handles feel cheap but give the price they are very had to beat.

i own several - great value on a knife. If you can find the old "knife Tests" videos - there were a couple tested there, and they hold up far better than a lot of higher cost knives. They are part of the Busse Combat family of knives.
Nice knives, reasonably priced - solid tools.

Swamp Rat uses SR101 for the blades, excellent knife grade metal. I have a Little Mischief that has been my camp knife for awhile, it is well used but the edge and profile have held up very well. If your use and budget do not allow for a true Busse Combat, the SRs are a great stop gap.

They typically do not come with sheaths, for molle attachment the Spec Ops Combat Master Short would probably be the way to go. For kydex - Buy Brown, Okuden, Mashed Cat

You won't regret the purchase, and if you do, you can sell it for right at what you paid for it.

My Busse family collection rivals my firearms collection and I'm honestly not sure which I am more proud of. The Busse's were a heck of a lot harder to come by!

The R6 is fairly large. For an all purpose knife, I would recommend the RatManDu. I prefer smaller knives though, so you may have a different opinion.

Spend a little time searching for videos and reviews, they aren't hard to find. Check YouTube as well. Search "Busse" and "Swamprat".