• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swampfox scopes Good or bad?

There are multiple ways around that which is how many people do business in China.

Typically, people set up a trading company that works between the customer abroad and a variety of different factories that actually make stuff. The trading company often has an ownership share in each factory and a set of contracts that effectively give it control over all of the capacity of that factory.

That's just one example.

ILya
While I'll admit I don't know any "people" doing this so maybe it's different but I do know fortune 50 companies and they do NOT own the factories in China. They own 49% hence why they don't give the factories actual understanding 9f products. And when they do it goes bad aka creating their competition. Look at harbor freight and snap ons jack for a example.

Dow chemical in China is a joint venture.

You get what you pay for in life... Go Tier 1 or go home. If you can't afford a Tier 1 scope, save and watch for good deals in our PX section. HUGE SAVINGS TO BE HAD> and to ALL the guys thinking these CHEAP scopes can hang? Please post a video of the scope going through a Nightforce test.
Every scope has a place, so I need a 3k NF scope for a AR shooting mil spec ammo at 100 yards??? Think how stupid that sounds. Will I put a $400 scope on a ELR rifle no, but not every rifle is ELR. Do you put a 3k NF scope on every firearm?

Every scope has a place, so I need a 3k NF scope for a AR shooting mil spec ammo at 100 yards??? Think how stupid that sounds. Will I put a $400 scope on a ELR rifle no, but not every rifle is ELR. Do you put a 3k NF scope on every firearm?
🤣
giphy (6).gif

I have $2,500 scopes, and I have $250 scopes. Are they the same? Hell no.
Does the expensive one serve me well in long-range competitions on my Barrett MRAD? Absolutely.
Does the cheaper one do just fine for me on a home-defense AR? Absolutely.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
I have $2,500 scopes, and I have $250 scopes. Are they the same? Hell no.
Does the expensive one serve me well in long-range competitions on my Barrett MRAD? Absolutely.
Does the cheaper one do just fine for me on a home-defense AR? Absolutely.
9b3dca11-0d16-4b70-b779-36aadf4570fa_text.gif

1. It's an mrad... Nothing will help that shoot better
2. False 🤣

Last edited:
I think if I had a $250 scope on a gun that was THE gun most likely to be used in my entire collection to save my life, I would shit my pants.

Shit - just hearing that out loud made me cringe and look over at my HD rig to make sure it hadn't just transformed into a Hi-Point Carbine with a Bushnell Red Dot.

1645130536212.png

Nope.

20,000 Stand-Up Comics are out of work ... but you're still considering it as a Career Change.

Na it's just a side hobby 🤣 common Rusty you know I'm just giving you a hard time life is short...

stripes-francis-francis.gif

Just tried out a friend's Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10x24, these are my quick impressions:

Good eyebox on 1x (4" eye relief).
At 10x the eyebox is a little picky (about 3.5" of eye relief).
Fixed parallax set at about 100m.
Second Focal Plane, so holdover is only at maximum zoom.
A little hazy (not razor-sharp).
At 10x there's noticeable chromatic aberration (purple fringing).
Not daylight-bright at 1x.
Not bad brightness reduction at 10x.
The quick-throw lever is smooth, there's a lot of travel.
Holdover markings aren't illuminated and are hard/impossible to see on dark objects.
Built solid, heavy. (Those two mostly go together but it's a bit heavy for what it is).
I did not get to dial it (by request, zero-stop wasn't set), but it sounds like there's enough adjustment to reach out to 800 yards with a .223 (so not stellar, though gets the job done).
Available for purchase, he paid $500. (Amazon currently has them for $440 incl. S/H).

It's a good scope for $440. On a scale of 0-10 I'd say it's a 4, so good value for the price given it's 1-10x illuminated reticle.

If you need a budget-level scope this one is good and should do the job.

If you want something better, the Primary Arms GLx 1-10x24mm First Focal Plane (due to be released in 2021, though due to delays should be available 2023 Q1) will probably be a great 1-8x24, 1-10x24 a slight reach. Having HD glass it should deliver what a budget scope cannot.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Just tried out a friend's Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10x24, these are my quick impressions:

Good eyebox on 1x (4" eye relief).
At 10x the eyebox is a little picky (about 3.5" of eye relief).
Fixed parallax set at about 100m.
Second Focal Plane, so holdover is only at maximum zoom.
A little hazy (not razor-sharp).
At 10x there's noticeable chromatic aberration (purple fringing).
Not daylight-bright at 1x.
Not bad brightness reduction at 10x.
The quick-throw lever is smooth, there's a lot of travel.
Holdover markings aren't illuminated and are hard/impossible to see on dark objects.
Built solid, heavy. (Those two mostly go together but it's a bit heavy for what it is).
I did not get to dial it (by request, zero-stop wasn't set), but it sounds like there's enough adjustment to reach out to 800 yards with a .223 (so not stellar, though gets the job done).
Available for purchase, he paid $500. (Amazon currently has them for $440 incl. S/H).

It's a good scope for $440. On a scale of 0-10 I'd say it's a 4, so good value for the price given it's 1-10x illuminated reticle.

If you need a budget-level scope this one is good and should do the job.

If you want something better, the Primary Arms GLx 1-10x24mm First Focal Plane (due to be released in 2021, though due to delays should be available 2023 Q1) will probably be a great 1-8x24, 1-10x24 a slight reach. Having HD glass it should deliver what a budget scope cannot.
I agree with this. It’s a good scope for what it is and a good value. I’d definitely prefer FFP with a 10x though and mine will be up for sale eventually.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog