• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swaro SLC 15x56 competitor

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
Is there a competitor to the 15x56 SLCs in terms of clarity and magnification? Or is this sucker still the golden ticket?

I'm thinking about picking up a set as an alternative to my Spotter45 for hunting purposes. Would be pulling "spotter duty" when I sit and glass. Otherwise Leica 3000HD-B will remain my primary in a chest harness.

Reactions: Kpchurch
Meopta binos are very clear. Very close 2nd to swaros

Everyone that looks thru them says “holy crap” those are nice

I got a deal on a used pair of Steiner HX 15x56, right before I was about to drop the $ on brand new Meoptas. I can’t tell you how they compare to those or SLC’s, but damn it’s nice glass.

Reactions: Wyzrd
The Steiner HX 15x56 is a nice set of binoculars, until you look through the Meopta 15s. Side by side, the Steiners suffered some chromatic issues when looking out to targets at 800 yards in snow-covered conditions. The Meoptas had more pop and offer great resolution. The Steiners are very good binoculars, but not as good as the Meoptas, to me. I sold my set of HX 15x56.

Reactions: NorthWesterner
Yeah ... I'm a glutton for the best kit available ... what I'm hearing is their is nothing that beats the SLCs.

I went down a similar road earlier this year debating between Meopta or Swaro. I had decided on the Meopta 12x50's as a compromise between 15x and 10x and I could afford them. I ordered the 12x50's but at that time there were not any available due to COVID. After talking with Doug I decided 10x would be better than 15x for my intended usage so I was going to go with the Meopta's 10x42 as they don't make 10x50. About that time Swaro did a price drop on the 10x42 SLC's bringing them closer to the Meopta's. I jumped on the Swaro's and could not be happier!! They have been amazing bino's worth the extra $$.

Thinking about getting those bino/spotter 115mm setup from Swaro too. I mean, I love my Spotter45 to defffff, but, the dual eye thing makes so much sense and increases FOV, at least for me.

Wonder if the top of the line Swaro spotter/bino has a reticle? Must have for me.

Reactions: bunsen27
I personally prefer the Meopta HDs over the SLCs. The CA in Swaro/Kahles is a deal breaker for me. The Swaro image might have better IQ and brighter, but I find the overall Meopta experience better without the CA

Attachments

• a001.jpg
    a001.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 54
I gotta pop in and ask;

Are you guys able to comfortably see at 1100-1200 yards dirt impacts with no dust/both rising and falling arcs of trace in good conditions? This is pretty much what's holding me up on getting SLC's over a BTX.

I just went through this same dilemma. I went with the Swaros in the end and don’t regret it at all. That being said, the meopta is really nice aNd I also looked through a set of Mavens at a match this weekend and they were extremely nice. I’d honestly put them above the Meopta I think.

I’ll be going with a set of 15s swaros if I can find a great deal on them as well. We’re all glassing for bull elk during a hunt and one buddy had it. He saw animals immediately. Running joke was having animals pre loaded in the binos it was so fast.

Sounds like the Meopta are great, I’ve never had a chance to look through a pair.

Having said that, I do have the Swaros SLCs 15x56 and I never wonder what if I had the Meoptas. Not sure if it would be the same the other way around...