Swaro SLC 15x56 competitor

SkyScrapin

LGOWI
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
Is there a competitor to the 15x56 SLCs in terms of clarity and magnification? Or is this sucker still the golden ticket?

I'm thinking about picking up a set as an alternative to my Spotter45 for hunting purposes. Would be pulling "spotter duty" when I sit and glass. Otherwise Leica 3000HD-B will remain my primary in a chest harness.

Reactions: Kpchurch

Mxridr

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2017
Everyone that looks thru them says “holy crap” those are nice

Crews

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 11, 2017
I got a deal on a used pair of Steiner HX 15x56, right before I was about to drop the $ on brand new Meoptas. I can’t tell you how they compare to those or SLC’s, but damn it’s nice glass.

Reactions: Wyzrd

bnanaphone

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2010
St. Louis
The Steiner HX 15x56 is a nice set of binoculars, until you look through the Meopta 15s. Side by side, the Steiners suffered some chromatic issues when looking out to targets at 800 yards in snow-covered conditions. The Meoptas had more pop and offer great resolution. The Steiners are very good binoculars, but not as good as the Meoptas, to me. I sold my set of HX 15x56.

Reactions: NorthWesterner

SkyScrapin

LGOWI
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
Yeah ... I'm a glutton for the best kit available ... what I'm hearing is their is nothing that beats the SLCs.

bunsen27

ACME Labs
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Yeah ... I'm a glutton for the best kit available ... what I'm hearing is their is nothing that beats the SLCs.
I went down a similar road earlier this year debating between Meopta or Swaro. I had decided on the Meopta 12x50's as a compromise between 15x and 10x and I could afford them. I ordered the 12x50's but at that time there were not any available due to COVID. After talking with Doug I decided 10x would be better than 15x for my intended usage so I was going to go with the Meopta's 10x42 as they don't make 10x50. About that time Swaro did a price drop on the 10x42 SLC's bringing them closer to the Meopta's. I jumped on the Swaro's and could not be happier!! They have been amazing bino's worth the extra $$.

SkyScrapin

LGOWI
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
Thinking about getting those bino/spotter 115mm setup from Swaro too. I mean, I love my Spotter45 to defffff, but, the dual eye thing makes so much sense and increases FOV, at least for me.

Wonder if the top of the line Swaro spotter/bino has a reticle? Must have for me.

Reactions: bunsen27