• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swarovski Ballistic Turret?

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
I'm seriously considering a Swaro for my next piece of glass. I have been reading on their webiste about the Ballistic Turret and I'm liking what I read.

Anyone have one? What do they cost? How useful is it? Etc etc.

There's a couple of models that come from the factory with this option but they're out of my price range.

I'm trying to figure out if I can put it on any of the Swarovski models, and also where I can see their reticles. I see lots of "Plex" reticles for sale, and I would like to know what they are.

I'm really looking for a BDC type or a mil-dot

Re: Swarovski Ballistic Turret?

don't know if this helps you or not but the turrets on a swarovski can be changed out by the factory for $190. Maybe a cheaper swarovski (oxy-moron) and then have the ballistic turrets retro-fitted.

Just hold out for a Swaro or Kahles with TDS. Don't think they are gonna work well with cast bullets outta that 3030 however!!!Ha.

I have a swaro PV 6.5 x 25x 50 AO with TDS reticle that I'm selling if your interested, PM me. Includes NF rings.

Great scope, great glass. Great condition..

Don't know about the ballistic turrets / retro fit

I'll have to check into the Swaro BT for a dedicated long range 6.5-06 that I've planned out. I picked up a Zeiss with the Z600 for now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just hold out for a Swaro or Kahles with TDS. Don't think they are gonna work well with cast bullets outta that 3030 however!!!Ha. </div></div>

LOL, bet it works well with the 7 SAUM though
wink.gif

I think that Swaro are more for hunting stick rather than sticks that get harder use,

the BC turrets are plastic, even though I belive that they will stand up to most use,

I have a hard time liking them.

Sweet optics but not my cup of tea.

/Chris

I have a Swaro 6 x 24 x 50 with the tds-4 reticle on my .223.
Sure made it easy to hit anything from 100-500 yards a snap.

Sounds like it's a TDS is the only way to go on the Swaro's.

The next rifle that I'll be shopping for is a 6.5-06, when the time comes to top that one I'll be keeping this info in mind, thank you all.

For now I have a Zeiss Conquest on the way in a 3-9x50 package. I don't see anything more necessary for a hunting rifle on the East Coast.

USER: Thanks for the offer, unfortunately it's not in my budget to pick up a second scope right now, but that one sounds like what I'd be looking for on the 6.5-06 in a few months. Best of luck with the sale