• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Swarovski Ballistic Turret?

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
I'm seriously considering a Swaro for my next piece of glass. I have been reading on their webiste about the Ballistic Turret and I'm liking what I read.

Anyone have one? What do they cost? How useful is it? Etc etc.

There's a couple of models that come from the factory with this option but they're out of my price range.

I'm trying to figure out if I can put it on any of the Swarovski models, and also where I can see their reticles. I see lots of "Plex" reticles for sale, and I would like to know what they are.

I'm really looking for a BDC type or a mil-dot

Re: Swarovski Ballistic Turret?

don't know if this helps you or not but the turrets on a swarovski can be changed out by the factory for $190. Maybe a cheaper swarovski (oxy-moron) and then have the ballistic turrets retro-fitted.

Just hold out for a Swaro or Kahles with TDS. Don't think they are gonna work well with cast bullets outta that 3030 however!!!Ha.

I have a swaro PV 6.5 x 25x 50 AO with TDS reticle that I'm selling if your interested, PM me. Includes NF rings.

Great scope, great glass. Great condition..

Don't know about the ballistic turrets / retro fit

I'll have to check into the Swaro BT for a dedicated long range 6.5-06 that I've planned out. I picked up a Zeiss with the Z600 for now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just hold out for a Swaro or Kahles with TDS. Don't think they are gonna work well with cast bullets outta that 3030 however!!!Ha. </div></div>

LOL, bet it works well with the 7 SAUM though
wink.gif

I think that Swaro are more for hunting stick rather than sticks that get harder use,

the BC turrets are plastic, even though I belive that they will stand up to most use,

I have a hard time liking them.

Sweet optics but not my cup of tea.

/Chris

I have a Swaro 6 x 24 x 50 with the tds-4 reticle on my .223.
Sure made it easy to hit anything from 100-500 yards a snap.

Sounds like it's a TDS is the only way to go on the Swaro's.

The next rifle that I'll be shopping for is a 6.5-06, when the time comes to top that one I'll be keeping this info in mind, thank you all.

For now I have a Zeiss Conquest on the way in a 3-9x50 package. I don't see anything more necessary for a hunting rifle on the East Coast.

USER: Thanks for the offer, unfortunately it's not in my budget to pick up a second scope right now, but that one sounds like what I'd be looking for on the 6.5-06 in a few months. Best of luck with the sale