• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

swat team DESTROYS Iraq vets home over guns....

Re: swat team DESTROYS Iraq vets home over guns....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are taking the words that he has been coached to say from his personal injury lawyer as gospel truth.

I don't have a problem with him seeking recompense for the damages to his home and I most certainly hope he is not being charged with a criminal offense for weapons possession.

This will most likely end in a settlement and the ambulance chaser will pad his pockets.
</div></div>

Didn't realize that someone who represents a veteran in an attempt to protect their constitutional rights was automatically an ambulance chaser. I would have thought it, you know, involved chasing ambulances?

It's threads like this that have caused me to not visit this forum nearly as much as I used to. The amount of cop bashing that goes on here is appalling. I guess us low life police snipers are not welcome. It seems a lot of you believe that police officers want nothing more than to violate your rights, use unnecessary force, commit crimes while on duty, etc. You listen to ONE side of the story, and believe it's the truth, then bash every hard working cop I know. We get ZERO credit for all the good we do, and get torn apart by stories like this. Most of you have never done this job, yet think you know how we should do it. I'm not saying there aren't bad cops out there. But I will say they are the vast minority, yet their actions apparently mean we are all like them. No one hates a bad cop more than the good cops. We undergo intensive screens to keep the bad ones out, but nothing is fool proof. What about your job? Is everyone that does your job perfect at it? Should the "not so perfect" ones reflect on you and subject you to repeated verbal and printed abuse? How would you feel about that? I'm not even going to voice my opinion on this particular incident. I'd just be accused of having some "agenda", so I'll save my breath. I should have been a fireman. Everybody loves them. Even the very few "bad" ones out there.

Donnie

I didn't read through this thread with the keenest of eyes, but I'd be quite surprised to find that the general consensus here would say all cops are just like the ones described in this specific scenario. I certainly didn't see where anyone was bashing fpdsniper. Unless you are on the team that raided the fella's house, I don't understand why you are all butthurt over any of the posts here.... Maybe you should call Beth and chat about your feelings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's threads like this that have caused me to not visit this forum nearly as much as I used to. The amount of cop bashing that goes on here is appalling. I guess us low life police snipers are not welcome. It seems a lot of you believe that police officers want nothing more than to violate your rights, use unnecessary force, commit crimes while on duty, etc. You listen to ONE side of the story, and believe it's the truth, then bash every hard working cop I know. We get ZERO credit for all the good we do, and get torn apart by stories like this. Most of you have never done this job, yet think you know how we should do it. I'm not saying there aren't bad cops out there. But I will say they are the vast minority, yet their actions apparently mean we are all like them. No one hates a bad cop more than the good cops. We undergo intensive screens to keep the bad ones out, but nothing is fool proof. What about your job? Is everyone that does your job perfect at it? Should the "not so perfect" ones reflect on you and subject you to repeated verbal and printed abuse? How would you feel about that? I'm not even going to voice my opinion on this particular incident. I'd just be accused of having some "agenda", so I'll save my breath. I should have been a fireman. Everybody loves them. Even the very few "bad" ones out there.

Donnie </div></div>

Read this to the end.

Getting your home torn apart because someone thought you were a suicide risk constitutes abuse. My friend's family getting run over by a federal SWAT team for legally distributing raw milk constitutes abuse.

Criticism is not abuse.

If you are tired of hearing about these incidents, maybe it is because the public is tired of getting subjected to them. It is a self induced problem, but that being said it has many contributing factors that are not individual officer fault.

Of course not all cops are bad. There are sufficient numbers of them with either poor judgment or the lack of ability to stand up to poor judgments by their department leadership, that you are getting a lot of pushback from incidents like this and others.

You are subjected to a lot of scrutiny because you are the face of government force. The more corrupt our government becomes, the less people trust it and you by extension. You probably should get used to it because I don't see a more trust coming down the road very soon.

For whatever reason, we have entrusted the most serious responsibility, that of government force against its own citizens, to a group we don't pay enough, screen enough or recruit heavily enough, or train enough. Predictably bad stuff happens and the people get pissed. Worse, the moron politicians blame you for crime rates so they may get re-elected, inducing your leadership to bend rules and press the limits to catch more bad guys when what you should be doing is following the letter and intent of the law and let the chips fall where they may. The crime rate is not the fault of the police, but the criminal. The catch 22 here is that if you let that frustration carry over into your work then you will become part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

I hope it is some consolation that your work, done correctly, is one of the most noble callings there is because you are doing good for others despite little recognition and material reward. It think it would be better for everyone if our nation re-evaluated our police forces and invested in them the kind of time and energy military officers get...because in my opinion the average beat cop's job performance has a greater chance to affect my liberty than the average military officer, and thus deserves at least as much consideration. Godspeed sir.

Unfortunate turn of events.
My prayers to all those effected

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's threads like this that have caused me to not visit this forum nearly as much as I used to. The amount of cop bashing that goes on here is appalling. I guess us low life police snipers are not welcome. It seems a lot of you believe that police officers want nothing more than to violate your rights, use unnecessary force, commit crimes while on duty, etc. You listen to ONE side of the story, and believe it's the truth, then bash every hard working cop I know. We get ZERO credit for all the good we do, and get torn apart by stories like this. Most of you have never done this job, yet think you know how we should do it. I'm not saying there aren't bad cops out there. But I will say they are the vast minority, yet their actions apparently mean we are all like them. No one hates a bad cop more than the good cops. We undergo intensive screens to keep the bad ones out, but nothing is fool proof. What about your job? Is everyone that does your job perfect at it? Should the "not so perfect" ones reflect on you and subject you to repeated verbal and printed abuse? How would you feel about that? I'm not even going to voice my opinion on this particular incident. I'd just be accused of having some "agenda", so I'll save my breath. I should have been a fireman. Everybody loves them. Even the very few "bad" ones out there.

Donnie </div></div>
Stick around. We need the good one's here, and also more of the cooler heads. Thanks.

There's always two sides to every story. If this is the WHOLE truth then I think that department has a shit storm coming their way. I find it hard to believe that a department would go to those extremes with little info. and put themselves in such a bad position. The only ones who know were the ones that were there.

As for being a cop, it's 50/50. Half like you and half don't. Depending on what part of town you work there are more don't s that do's. It's the job and you learn to live with it. What other people think of me is not my problem, even If at times it does bother me. Choose your battles wisely.

I hear people (some family) all the time criticize police, that are clueless to the world of a policeman. They talk as If they know first hand what we do and what we deal with. Most of it is all horseshit to make themselves sound knowledgeable. Sometimes when you have no choice but to be around these people you have to put them in their place in front of everyone. I have done it before. Choose your battles.

Don't do or say something that would jeopardize your career over someone trying to get under your skin. End of rant!

athhud: Well, I guess you better read it again. This time with your "keenest" of eyes. Not sure what you mean by the little smart ass "butthurt" comment. You must have some sort of experience with being "butthurt", but that's your problem. It's also not your job to worry about what other peoples "feelings" are either, seeing as how this is an internet forum where people go to discuss their opinions and/or "feelings" that you speak about. Maybe you think this only applies to you and no one else? If you've got something constructive to say, by all means say it. Being Mr.Smartass does nothing but expose your immaturity and lack of knowledge on the subject. I won't visit this thread again, so feel free to respond with another wise ass post. Good day.

Donnie </div></div>

If <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> don't like the cop bashing why don't <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> hold the officers in <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> department accountable for their fucked up actions as they come to <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> attention and publicly denounce them? Why don't <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> tell <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> fucked up partners to quit being such shit heads? Why don't <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> explain to them that their fuck up actions are putting <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> reputation at risk?

I'm sure you are a great guy and an even better LEO but like you said, the fucked up actions of <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> brothers and sisters greatly overshadow the positive things <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> do for the community.

The bottom line IMO is this;
1. Become an Oath Keeper.
2. If <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> partners commit crimes against the public and trash the Constitution KICK THEIR FUCKING TEETH OUT!

It is <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> job to serve and protect. <span style="text-decoration: underline">You</span> took on that role. PROTECT US!

Contrary to your preception of non LEO's, we do appreciate <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> hard work and we do depend on <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span>. Don't let us down.