• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA 1-6 mounting question

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I have an SWFA 1-6 on back order and I am going with the bobro mount. Would I be better served with the slightly forward or the extended mount? I tend to shoot nose to charging handle. Anyone who already has this set up on an AR please chime in.

Last edited:
    I'm not sure I could mount mine far enough forward to get that close to the charging handle? It has almost 4" of eye relief. I have it centered on the mount and have 1 slot left on receiver to go forward, in fact the scope sits about an inch behind the charging handle.

I have the slightly forward and it's all the way forward on my receiver rail. I don't shoot nose to charging handle so I think you will need as much offset as you can get. You can always slide it back some if needed.

I have the slightly forward and it's all the way forward on my receiver rail. I don't shoot nose to charging handle so I think you will need as much offset as you can get. You can always slide it back some if needed.

Okay. That's sort of what I was thinking. Just thought I'd double check.

Your going to love the combo it really is a great set up. Well worth the wait!

I'm getting used to waiting. The rifle it's going on isn't here yet either and I ordered that back in late January. I was told June at the earliest on that.

SS 1-6, BOBRO slightly forward, LR-308

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      100.5 KB · Views: 14