• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Swfa 10 rear focus knob wont turn

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    Has anyone had this happen? Or know if this will effect impact at all? It seems to shoot just fine

I have owned a ton of the SWFA fixed power scopes. Never had that happen. They are fairly parallax and focus sensitive when going from close range to long distance. If you are shooting at a distance that the parallax is not set for it can and likely will cause error in your point of aim. I would not be able to deal with it being locked up. Call SWFA and see if they'll exchange it.

Its about 9 months old or so will they still replace it? I have a hunt oct 5 not much time to redo lol what is the screw on the knob for

Its about 9 months old or so will they still replace it? I have a hunt oct 5 not much time to redo lol what is the screw on the knob for

SWFA is the only one that can answer that first question, but I would guess yes. No idea on the screw.

They will have you fixed up in no time flat. They are a great company.

Is it mounted when you have this problem?

How close to the rear of the scope is the back ring? If it is too close to the adjustment knob, it will clamp the barrel that's inside the scope which adjusts the parallax.

If unsure, remove the top of the rear ring and try it again. If still unsure, take it out of the rear ring entirely and test it.

If it still does not move, send it back for repairs.

Ask me how I know....

Ive had it mounted for along time and it just did it today but i did have to remount and move ring forward and have no problen now very weird