• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swfa are they out of the game?

Healy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2018
The swfa site only has one ss scope , the compact in stock. Does anyone know if they are out of the game, updating the line or just all backordered?

There are a few available on the Sample List too. Speaking of which, if you ever see a Demo "A" advertised there, it might be a really good example. I bought my 12x42SS as such, and it seems to be just a bit better than any other fixed power SS I've looked at, as though it may have been a cherry-picked salesman's sample. In any case, the Sample List scopes are still fully covered under the terms of their warranty.

I’ve purchased a Demo-A as well.
It was brand new with just a dinged up box so they couldn’t sell it as new. It still had the lens cloth in the plastic bag and all the accessories. I was happy.

Pretty sure it’s supply issues. I don’t know if they filled all of their Black Friday orders yet.

I was told they were supposed to get a shipment in at the beginning of April. Called at the beginning of June and they still had not received it. They said my scope would ship as soon as they got it.

I was told they were supposed to get a shipment in at the beginning of April. Called at the beginning of June and they still had not received it. They said my scope would ship as soon as they got it.
I ordered a 5 to 20 HD during Black Friday in 2018, didn't show up till April of 2019. Real Slow Boat from Japan, thinking Row Boat. GL

They're definitely trying to keep up with demand and shipping delays from the manufacturer. Remember they're a pretty small company, and are using the same manufacturing facilities as some considerably larger, more powerful ones.

The oilfield work has died because nothing is coming ashore since the covid mess. Now Gov. Abbot has lost his mind and listened to the screaming idiots I'm sure less in getting ashore.

The last few times they have had a sale, i have been wanting to get a fixed 6. I have a fixed 10 that just doesn't get used because the hunting rifle that i want it on is just better suited to a 6.
Really don't want them out of the scope business.

Reactions: Healy
The last few times they have had a sale, i have been wanting to get a fixed 6. I have a fixed 10 that just doesn't get used because the hunting rifle that i want it on is just better suited to a 6.
Really don't want them out of the scope business.
Keep an eye on the optics PX section of the forum. A couple of fixed 6x have sold there recently.

I was thinking of getting the 12x fixed or even the 16x but not in stock. I got into the shooting sports at the worst bloody time...

It's not as if there are a bunch of them for sale used either? Means something about their quality and demand.

Swfa, said as a word, sounds like someone in Boston saying Swiffer. :)

Reactions: slodsm
maybe it’s time for me to tear the swfa off the rifle and mount the st-10 i have sitting in the safe. problem is, the swfa is a damn solid scope and idk if i really want to part with it....even if the demand is high.

Called them today and stayed on hold 20 minutes only to get to leave a message??? I don't get it.

SWFA is in Ellis Co. Just out of Midlothian and I'm not sure what the situation is up there with the virus and all. I was in Tyler the other day picking up steel and it is just Sh&) stupid up there. Businesses closed and not letting anyone in to shop. We went by Acadamy and they're out of a lot of ammo. Could be and probably is at SWFA. My #1 grandson is trying to build a Grendel and he picked the wrong time to do it. Nobody has anything and shipping takes forever. Seems like everybody is arming themselves for protection since so many idiots are roaming around tearing stuff up. Course this ain't exactly Portland.

Pre election blues.

SWFA is alive and well, but COVID definitely effects how many people they have answering phones.

They did get a shipment of stuff, but it all went to backorders, so that made no impact on inventory as reflected by the website.

More is coming, but I do not know how much is on backorder.

ILya

Reactions: ZG47A
I have a new in box, not a sample or demo, SWFA SS10X42 and a slightly used SS6X in box. I plan to sell one or the other.

TM6

I have a new in box, not a sample or demo, SWFA SS10X42 and a slightly used SS6X in box. I plan to sell one or the other.

TM6

I have both and they are very very good scopes.