• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA: Customer Service

Re: SWFA: Customer Service

The underlying theme here is, who do you want to do business with. I have purchased a few items from SWFA over the years and all but one transaction went off without a hitch; I got my item(s), as advertised, in the stated timeframe. All's good.
However, it is the one that did not that propmts me to respond to this thread. I was recently looking for a particular product to satisfy a certain application. I emailed SWFA to ask if they carried or were aware of said product. The response was very terse; "Not aware of any." Nothing to the effect of "No, but..." or "take a look at..." OK, they don't have it and they don't care to elaborate.
Being a newb to precision shooting, I lurked around here and other similar fora. After being made aware of more effective seach tools, I stopped asking questions and started doing some research. When I found a product that did satisfy my requirements that happened to be offered at SWFA for a very reasonable price, I ordered it. A couple of days later, I got an email saying that the item was back-ordered. I used to work in purchasing/supply, so I get it; sometimes things just are not available. I replied asking for a rough ETA. I then received "[sic] We are unable to get an eta from xxx as this time. Usually we can get things within 1-2 weeks". Two weeks later I inquired into the status of the order, suggesting that a substitution might be made. I did not get a response. Another week later, having found what I was looking for elsewhere, I emailed SWFA to cancel my order. Again, another terse response, "The order has been cancelled". Again, no effort to offer a solution or even try to salvage the transaction.
I am a very pragmatic person. I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. method and adhere to Occam's razor. If vendor A and vendor B have the same product for the same price, I'll toss a coin and exclude extraneous factors. However, all things being equal, if one vendor goes out of their way to cater to the customer and another makes no effort to do so, well, the choice is clear.
That being said, I will probably purchase from SWFA again as their prices are usually pretty good but I will not expect them to go the extra mile.
I know I will probably get flamed and be told to put pull out my tampon, but if I am going to spend my money somewhere, it is my prerogative to spend it someplace that genuinely values my business.

I got tremendous service from SWFA on my first order. Really above and beyond, especially for such a large company. Same kind of one-on-one-right-now service I've gotten from Tactical Works and Triad Tactical. So when I needed a new Bushnell Excursion mildot and 30mm Burris XTR low rings last week I called them again. They'll probably always be on my go-to list, even if they fumble one. Every company drops the ball once in a while. It's how they handle it that makes a diff.

My experience: If there's a problem, they fix it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tarjan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> .... I was recently looking for a particular product to satisfy a certain application. I emailed SWFA to ask if they carried or were aware of said product. The response was very terse; "Not aware of any." Nothing to the effect of "No, but..." or "take a look at..." OK, they don't have it and they don't care to elaborate.
</div></div>

What if that was really the complete answer and there was nothing more to elaborate on, I guess if just replied with, "No", I would see where you are coming from.

Anyways, sorry Tarzan for the short responses that you took as terse. We get more emails than humanly possible to respond to in one day, some days I hold everyone hostage and won't let them go home until all the e-mails are answered so I can see how and why they might make them short and sweet. Plus many of our guys are two finger peckers and just do not possess great typing skills.

You can always communicate direct with me ([email protected]) and now that I have an iPhone I can respond quickly from just about anywhere.

Bath.gif

Well since we're in a SWFA bash fest I'll add my personal experience. I placed an order for a scope last week and put a check in the mail, and there's no way my check got to them before the scope got to me.

With service like that you guys will be out of business by Independence Day.

That was in jest. I've bought two scopes from them and have had great service each time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You can always communicate direct with me ([email protected]) and now that I have an iPhone I can respond quickly from just about anywhere.

Bath.gif

</div></div>

I called to ask a bunch of questions on two different occasions about the bushnell FFP spotters when I was ordering 2 of them. Both times Chris got on the phone and spoke with me and helped with everything. I will order from them again!!

NOmag

I'm still pissed I didn't get a mint Nightforce for $350. At whom, I can't say, but pissed nonetheless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well since we're in a SWFA bash fest I'll add my personal experience. I placed an order for a scope last week and put a check in the mail, and there's no way my check got to them before the scope got to me.

With service like that you guys will be out of business by Independence Day.

That was in jest. I've bought two scopes from them and have had great service each time. </div></div>

LOL. Sounds like my experience.

I ordered the new Elite 4200 FFP mil/mil after lunchtime, and the next day around 2:30PM, while wondering if SWFA was going to send me a UPS tracking number, UPS drove up with the box. Less than 24 hours delivery, cheaper than anyone else, and Chris threw in a bunch of free stuff. They'll always be my first call. Got new rings and a spotting scope coming today.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The OP NEVER received a negative response--he received no response--depending ONLY upon email. My advice to the OP, have your mommy call the big bad texans and see if she can straighten this out. </div></div>

The OP was reasonable, used the supported contact methods, tried mutiple times and was fobbed off. He's done nothing wrong and the value of the goods is not relevant. Your defence reminds me of many others who don't think about what they are saying, they just want to support a product or retailer. They don't care about reasonable behaviour or IF there IS a problem. Just look at items like ARMS mounts
wink.gif

Rabid fans are like brick walls. No real point in talking to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I feel sorry for companies like SWFA and others that have to endure these kind of issues in public forums, but at least it is in the open so that people can see the situation and try to lead the issue to a resolution, rather than allow it to become a hidden "issue", that SWFA would never have the opportunity to try and correct. Sure oversights should never happen, but employees often do not have the same passion for excellence that the ownership promotes and expects. We as consumers need to do our parts to grease the gears sometimes. No one is perfect. </div></div>

The OP contacted them mutiple times didn't he? They replied didn't they? Maybe it's best to read the thread before posting? If the SAME issue happens over and over it CANNOT be a once off can it? Unless you are suggesting the OP was treated like this on purpose?

I do most of my business by email. It's fast and easy. I ring once everything is arranged and pay. I'm no "sissy", it's a smart way to do things. If a retailer offers email and cannot support it then they have a service issue and I buy from another retailer. It's an easy and fast way for me to get information about what level of service I can expect. A retailer that offers poor service up front, before you buy will be far worse once you have a problem. It also gives me a trail of contact, "paper" work which is always a VERY good thing to have. It protects me AND the retailer.
If you offer a contact method it needs to be supported. It's not the customers job to chase, it should never be expected and is not reasonable. The OP did nothing wrong. He emailed and got messed around. Likely one person made a mistake. If that one person is the first contact for the company it's important they work through issues and resolve them. The value of the items don't matter.

The retailer now knows they have an issue and if it was me, I would be thanking the customer and doing all I could to help him and make sure process issues are resolved
smile.gif

Any form of attacking the OP is not reasonable. He's done nothing wrong. Would I do things like this? Nope, but ignoring, hiding issues or attacking people who raise a genuine issue is not a good thing. You end up with the type of "popular" forum where nothing can be said against anyone who is liked or everyone will gang up on you.

AUJohn-
Hop off the high-horse and recognize unreasonable when you see it---i.e. Starting a BS thread like this--getting the attention his little ego needs--then COMPLETELY IGNORING THE VENDORS' INVITATION TO FIX THINGS.

Please, enlighten us, how many times have you called upon SWFA to assist you?

Exactly. NONE. Exactly what do you add to this thread regarding a vendor WITH WHICH YOU HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE?

I've always had good service. But, this is not a perfect world, and people aren't perfect. So, sooner or later, no matter who you deal with, there will be a glitch. Try to deal with it, move on, and quit bitchin to anyone who stands still long enough to listen.

I think SWFA is a great company.They can not make their supplyers fill backorders. They have to wait too.If the $4.95 part was so important you could find it in stock somewere else and used the backordered one for a spare.I am sure you will survive without a $4.95 trinket by the way what was it that it stoped you from using your weapon. I have never had a $4.95 part shut me down for that price if it was a key part I would have 10 in the range box just in case.Hope you never have a real problem you would not live thru it.
Scot

A while back I bought a used SS; changed my mind and wanted to exchange it for a new one. They said that I could just send the old scope back and the additional cost difference. They would pay for the return postage, but I would need to pay for the total difference upfront. And then just send them the receipt and they refund me the return postage. I sent them the receipt and a letter stating as such. Didn't hear anything back.

Since it was like $15, I didn't keep track and didn't hound them. So, it's partially my fault, but it's still poor customer service that they didn't respond to my letter and receipt when they received it. It gives rise to posts like this.

Ray,

Back in 2007 when you did the return we were not set up to issue call tags yet so we would reimburse customers either via a check or a credit on their account. It looks like you returned a used scope for a new version of the same scope and paid an additional $50. for the difference. The credit should have been used on that difference but for some reason was not because it is still in your account. I think the person that processed it must have applied the credit after the $50. charge instead of before. Anyway you have a small credit in your account that should have been used on the exchange and it would have been used on your next order but you have not ordered anything since the return. It should have also been reflected on your invoice.

Chris,

The shipping charge was credited to me? I thought I was getting a refund check. My mistake. But most impressive, you've found my account on the following day without being asked; you're actively monitoring customer satisfaction. And better yet, thank you for offering me the additional compensation for my troubles. If GM or Citibank has costumer service like this, the economy would be in much better shape.

On a side note, I've since bought additional SS scopes, albeit from private parties. In fact, I have a 10x, 16x and 20x. I have the 16x on my 1,000 yard rifle. They're great scopes. And I am looking for another used 16x.

Ray

I bought my first scope (Sightron SIII 6-24x) from Brady at SWFA. I've experienced excellent excellent excellent customer service from him. He offered their 110% price match gurantee and he had no problem answering any of my questions. I'm totally new to shooting and I had alot of newbie questions for him. For the BC caps, I didn't like how one of these caps fit, he sent me another size free of charge and told me I could keep the other cap. He didn't hesitate one bit to make sure I was satisfied.