• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS or Bushnell Elite

AvsFan

Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Colorado
Gent's,

I'm in the market for a FFP scope...the two that I'm considering are: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 or, Bushnell Elite 3.5-21x50? This will be going on my semi-auto FA Titan in .308. Of the two aforementioned, which one has the better glass and most bang for the buck?

Thanks!

AvsFan:confused:

Owned both. Still own the Bushnell. While the SWFA has better glass (clearer/brighter), the reticle is far better on the Bushnell and seems more usable overall.(better turrets)

I have the 3.5-21 HDMR on my 308 AR and absolutely love it!

60D9FCB0-2A90-4675-9ABF-F0D7980CEE19.jpg

I have a ERS and a 5-20SS and I agree. glass is nicer on the ss, but the reticle is hard to get used to. I believe the ss has more elevation as well.

Thanks for the feedback boys...ordered a Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21x50 w/Tremor2 Reticle for $900.00 - should be shipping tomorrow!

Thanks again!:cool:

Thanks for the feedback boys...ordered a Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21x50 w/Tremor2 Reticle for $900.00 - should be shipping tomorrow!

Thanks again!:cool:

That's great price on that scope. Would you care to share the vendor you got if from?

AvsFan (or anyone else who ordered that scope from EuroOptic), have you received it yet? What is the condition on it? Does it have same warranty as new?

I have a swfa 5-20 and you got me looking at the bushnell. I can see that the bushnell has a zero stop and a different reticle, but has less maximum elevation.

AvsFan (or anyone else who ordered that scope from EuroOptic), have you received it yet? What is the condition on it? Does it have same warranty as new?

Yes, I received it on Friday...what showed up is a 100% brand new, factory sealed scope - $900.00 is a steal! I'll be getting it set-up on my rifle this week and heading to range this weekend.

AvsFan:cool:

Yes, I received it on Friday...what showed up is a 100% brand new, factory sealed scope - $900.00 is a steal! I'll be getting it set-up on my rifle this week and heading to range this weekend.

So I assume full warranty? That sounds like a hell of a deal!!

I ordered one as soon as I saw the link. I was on the fence about the SS 5-20 for awhile but this sealed the deal. How long was the wait from order to shipped out?

So I assume full warranty? That sounds like a hell of a deal!!

Yes sir...full warranty - best deal I've ever seen on this scope.

I ordered one as soon as I saw the link. I was on the fence about the SS 5-20 for awhile but this sealed the deal. How long was the wait from order to shipped out?

I placed the order last Monday, I received shipping notification on Tuesday (FedEx Ground w/tracking), received my scope @ 10:00am Friday...4 days from PA to CO - simply outstanding. Very happy with my 1st transaction w/EuroOptic!:cool:

My scope arrived Wednesday. As AvsFan stated earlier, it looks to be brand new. It arrived in a sealed box and as far as I cal tell it is factory new. A great deal at $900 shipped. I won't have my mount until Tuesday, so it will be another week before I can get to the range with it.

i got the same 900 dollar hdmr. i really like it. i can not speak for the swfa 5-20 because i do not own one. it was what i was looking for when i found this deal on the hdmr with tremor2 reticle. so i tried it out now i wish i had the money to buy another.

Great choice. I Bought both and sold the SS and stuck with the Bushnell.

I Have had 5 NF's sitting in the safe and using the G2DMR over them and loving it.

(NOt bashing NF, using them still and loving them as well) Just showing the G2 some love.

The parallax on the SS was WAY too stiff too