• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS10X HD

Re: SWFA SS10X HD

The lady lied
shocked.gif
.....oh well I guess the fact she couldn't say whether they were mil/mil or not should of been an indication.Thanks for the correct info will they have them on the site?And are they mil/mil?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm picking up a pair tomorrow from SWFA.
They exist. </div></div>
Pair of what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Supersniper 10x42HD scopes with parallax adjustment and mil/mil reticle/turrets </div></div>
Congradulations, I must have some misinformation; as they told me that they had none as of last week!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm picking up a pair tomorrow from SWFA.
They exist. </div></div>

Have you tried one, Michael?

Tiro,
Yes, about 2 years ago, and again last fall.
This will be my weekend try out of the production mil/mil model.

The are mil/mil.

Initial word is that the glass is much better than the standard 10X.

From the picture I saw, it looks like it shares more with the new 3-9 than it does with the original 10X - and that is a good thing.

Michael, let me know what you think.

For some bad pictures and poorly done reviews.. go to Rancid Coolaid's thread here: http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=18964

Personally, while i'm interested, i'm disappointed in the shitty job SWFA did of reviewing the scope. Through the scope pics with poor camera placement really doesn't quite cut it. Hell, i'm not sure it even mentions they're .mil knobs unless you do some digging. The only other piece of information you get from them is where they rely on some cop to tell you how great the glass is as he hand points the scope around the store. I think it mentions somewhere that it has nice clicks..

The saddest part is SWFA is cannibalizing the original Super Snipers and showing how poor the glass is and even saying that the originals might not even have been 10X (according to Tray the cop). WTF..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For some bad pictures and poorly done reviews.. go to Rancid Coolaid's thread here: http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=18964

Personally, while i'm interested, i'm disappointed in the shitty job SWFA did of reviewing the scope. Through the scope pics with poor camera placement really doesn't quite cut it. Hell, i'm not sure it even mentions they're .mil knobs unless you do some digging. The only other piece of information you get from them is where they rely on some cop to tell you how great the glass is as he hand points the scope around the store. I think it mentions somewhere that it has nice clicks..

The saddest part is SWFA is cannibalizing the original Super Snipers and showing how poor the glass is and even saying that the originals might not even have been 10X (according to Tray the cop). WTF.. </div></div>

I would note that the scopes have not formally been released yet. As I understand it, reviews are in the works by knowledgeable individuals, I was just asking here to see if anyone got one of the very first to go out.

I wouldn't talk down SWFA for screwing up the release; I see it as kinda nice that they gave their regulars a heads-up and a first-look opportunity.

Whether the improved glass and knobs rate the $$ increase over the old 10X, I'll have to see; but I like the idea of offering a good scope with a few improvements where most people want them. Leupold could learn something from this fine example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Leupold could learn something from this fine example.
</div></div>

I thought Leupold was evil for making scopes in China? Would making the MK4 in China make it better?

$700 Supersniper hahahahahahaha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Supersniper 10x42HD scopes with parallax adjustment and mil/mil reticle/turrets </div></div>
SWFA still claims they won't be out for purchase for 6 months to a year!

A general IMO to SWFA.

The main reason we buy the old style SS scopes is the price point!!!!

Don't get too cocky and try to sell these scopes(TASCO)for $700 because it's got mil/mil!

If that ends up being the case in the future,we might as well spend the extra $300 and get a USO ST10!Or better yet get a Falcon for $200-$300 less.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A general a IMO to SWFA.

Don't get too cocky and try to sell these scopes(TASCO)for $700 because it's got mil/mil!

If that ends up being the case in the future,we might as well spend the extra $300 and get a USO ST10!Or better yet get a Falcon for $200-$300 less.

Steve

Its not because of mil/mil its because of the HD glass.

</div></div>

Maybe it's a great scope worthy of the $700 the price..

But with the way they're releasing it, it casts serious doubts and was enough to drive me away.

Funny thing is that they're sending out ads making it seem like they're now available. It's not available on SWFA or the Super Sniper website. Hell.. not even their variable power FFP scope is on the Super Sniper Website. Somebody is dropping the ball over there..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A general a IMO to SWFA.

Steve

</div></div>

Well the 3-9 variable that I just got (@$599) is, in my opinion, better than my Luepold MK4 3-9 MRT which it is replacing. I saved $300 and got a better scope.

Actually they state $799 now, some one also mentioned it was a contract over-run with some scopes left. You might be able to purchase one if you try right now.

It is pretty stupid to mention them with Tasco still, they have not been a Tasco product for a good while now.

Don't state where they are made or who makes them if you don't have a f'ing clue, that is ridiculous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe it's a great scope worthy of the $700 the price..

But with the way they're releasing it, it casts serious doubts and was enough to drive me away.

Funny thing is that they're sending out ads making it seem like they're now available. It's not available on SWFA or the Super Sniper website. Hell.. not even their variable power FFP scope is on the Super Sniper Website. Somebody is dropping the ball over there.. </div></div>

Realy?Took about.3 seconds to find the variable.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx

and its on the homepage.

http://swfa.com/

I'm not standing up for them but how is the way they are releasing them any different then they many delays other scope companies have recently undergone?

dmg308,

Yah I know.IMO,HD glass is nice but not too useful for a 10X.I'd rather save the money and get the Falcon variable or step up and get a USO ST10 because of the punishment it can take being a true military grade scope.That's if I were to limit my self to a fixed 10X.

PS.I have never been impressed with Leupy's especially for the price.

DannySeesUSMC

Was I addressing you?

I don't know where they are made and never said I did,who cares,Dick head! You act like it's a S$B or similar.LOL.It's a Super Sniper still.

Uh...you didn't even get the price right on your earlier post.Maybe you ought to get a F'n clue.Was $699 now $799???

As far as I'm concerned it's an upgraded SS for over twice the price.It's the internet and I'll state my opinion whether you like or not!Is that a ridiculous concept or what?LOL

Now to SWFA,

Offer mil/mil on the regular SS scopes and charge another $50 bucks or whatever and they'll sell like crazy.Or at least offer an MOA reticle to go with the MOA knobs.C'mon it's a great scope already at a great price!

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Realy?Took about.3 seconds to find the variable.

and its on the homepage.

I'm not standing up for them but how is the way they are releasing them any different then they many delays other scope companies have recently undergone? </div></div>

LOL. That's not the Super Sniper website. http://www.supersniper.com/SuperSniperSpecs.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A general IMO to SWFA.

Steve</div></div>

100% Concur. I can see it selling for more then the 1st gen but not at twice the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Realy?Took about.3 seconds to find the variable.

and its on the homepage.

I'm not standing up for them but how is the way they are releasing them any different then they many delays other scope companies have recently undergone? </div></div>

LOL. That's not the Super Sniper website. http://www.supersniper.com/SuperSniperSpecs.htm </div></div>

Gotcha I never new they had a seperate site.

Michael,

I should offer you and SWFA some encouragement.
It looks like you are trying to bring out a good product.
Kudo's to you!

Steve

As I've said before, I've never been impressed with SS glass and I've used a few.
For over twice the price, it'd better be a different scope entirely for me to concsider it. However, I do agree that they are well worth the current price for the original 10X. At $800 though, give me a MK4 anyday mil/mil or not.

okie

Not been impressed vs. good for the cost is a big difference. I have one on a .223 and while I can't see long range hits, it is a very good scope. This is one of the middle of the road scopes that you can use and then sell for most of what you paid for it. I can't complain. I'd love the 10x in a mil/mil but for now, I'll work the math.
Chad

I agree its a good scope for the money and actually, a good scope in general. As far as glass quality though, I was considering price when saying what I said, my $300 Buckmaster's glass is better in every way.

okie

I received an e-mailed announcement of the SWFA 3-9x variable and the 10x HD scope that implied the price of each scope was $599 and change. Apparently that's not the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received an e-mailed announcement of the SWFA 3-9x variable and the 10x HD scope that implied the price of each scope was $599 and change. Apparently that's not the case. </div></div>
What did you expect??? They have to deal w/ the exchange rate and increasing costs and whatever excuse; just like other manufacturers!!! They got your attention at $599; didn't they? Marketing 101!
grin.gif
For once I'd like to see an Optics manufacturer come below their projected cost!
laugh.gif

I received the announcement only a day or two ago, while earlier posts by Chris F. on the SWFA optics forum state the price is higher. I'm not buying one anyway, so I'm not particularly saddened by the misrepresentation of the price. Caveat emptor I guess.

Guys,

The price on the email ad was for the 3-9x42. We added a one liner about the new 10x42 HD and did not mean to imply that it was also $599.95.

The new 3-9x42 and 10x42HD are totally different animals than the existing SS10x42, 16x42 and 20x42. They share no common parts and are made in a totally different factory.

I don't know why we take so much undeserved heat over here, give us a chance before you start booing. Frank will have one of each in his hands soon to do full reviews.

Chris Farris
SWFA, Inc.

I see that the HD is now up on the SWFA website.. shows that the knobs are 1/4 MOA..
thought they were supposed to be milrad.. oh well

SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical Riflescope

Stock # - SS10X42HD
Matte
Mil-Dot
30mm
Rear Focus
OK for .50 cal
1/4 MOA
HD Model

$799.95

I will have each of them to look at, so no worries, you guys will get the scoop.

Completely reworked from previous models, so there is no current comparison available, but we'll knock it out for everyone.

The ones coming for me to look at are FFP Mil/Mil (other than the 10X)
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't know why we take so much undeserved heat over here, give us a chance before you start booing.
</div></div>

It's the internet - booing is a given no matter what
wink.gif
. Seriously though, I think many on this site speak very highly and fondly of the SS line. The reason I(and I am sure many others) own one is laregely due to the many positive recommendations from Hide members - so all in all, I'd say you have far more friends than foes here. I could be wrong...

it is the internet, but since i cannot walk into a local sporting goods store and lay hands on a super sniper or falcon like i can most scopes, well yeah, internet does matter because i can't compare them myself, i have to look at other credible accounts of the scopes and the comparisons made to determine wether to put out my money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see that the HD is now up on the SWFA website.. shows that the knobs are 1/4 MOA..
thought they were supposed to be milrad.. oh well

SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical Riflescope

Stock # - SS10X42HD
Matte
Mil-Dot
30mm
Rear Focus
OK for .50 cal
1/4 MOA
HD Model

$799.95
</div></div>

The 3-9SS is mil/mil, I hope the MOA on the 10X is a mistake on the site.

I too got the flier, and I too read it to mean 3-9SS or 10X HD for $599.00.

Frank, I look forward to the reviews.

Rancid,

I'm looking forward to the reveiws on the new 10xHD. But the release from SWFA's perspective has been botched from the get go. I read the flyer and it does seems to indicate that the new SS10xHD was going to be $599.00. Then on the day they received them, Chris from SWFA on Optics Talk indicated they would be $699.00. Then a few hours later the price was $799.00.

The Chris said they would all be mil/mil. Now SWFA's own website says MIL/MOA....WTF????

SWFA is a good company, and all the Super Snipers are very good scopes (love my SS 3-9x42MM), but they are screwing the pooch with this one, if for no other reason it seems, other than they are in a hurry.

They need to slow down and get it right, IMHO.

Thanks,

Bob

I think the regulars over at Optics Talk pushed them to get it done before it was ready (the marketing, that is, the scope was ready when it was ready.)

I saw the flier, then the $699, then the $799. Even with that, if the 10X HD is a shooter, it is still worth the $799; I trust Chris more than I do Leupold.

Just checked the site, now the 10X HD has this:

Mil-Dot SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical Riflescope
Stock # - SS10X42HD

* Matte
* Mil-Dot
* 30mm
* Rear Focus
* OK for .50 cal
* .10 Mrad
* HD Model

I guess they caught the mistake and fixed it ricky tick.