• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA turret question

tomcat mv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
I just got an SWFA SS 16x fixed mil/mil scope. My question is this. I got the scope mounted and rough bore sighted it with my laser bore sighter. Had to run it up a few clicks to zero the dot and reticle and am headed for the range tomorrow. These things come with no directions so I assume that once I get it zeroed on paper I just loosen and then re-tighten the turret screws to my zero mark?

Not familiar with that exact scope. If it has the 3 screws around the adjustment knob, simply loosen them and turn it to zero. I had to apply a small amount of blue loctite to those on my old SWFA because they would loosen after a while.

If the turrets have a single screw on the top of them, you need to loosen it enough to lift the turret up away from the scope, turn it to zero, and push the turret back down.

Not to hijack this thread but... I have one of the early-ish SS10x40M and the set screws are pointed - once you tighten them you are not going to move it a click or two then rezero, it wants to go back in the same dimple. I called SWFA about this to see if they had a cure. Nope. I have thought about replacing the set screws with normal cup point set screws and see if they hold. Has anyone done this?

Not to hijack this thread but... I have one of the early-ish SS10x40M and the set screws are pointed - once you tighten them you are not going to move it a click or two then rezero, it wants to go back in the same dimple. I called SWFA about this to see if they had a cure. Nope. I have thought about replacing the set screws with normal cup point set screws and see if they hold. Has anyone done this?

should work.. hit up the hardware store...

The last three scopes I bought from them had the screws loosen on my, I suggest you tighten the screws and bring a allen wrench with you to the range, once you get it zeroed blue lock tight them tight. Great scopes once you get them set and tight.