• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Switch-barrel Sako TRG: What calibers interest you...?

all joking aside if your on this site asking questions, anything that will work in PRS will sell immediately.
this site has become PRS hide not snipers hide lol

If the TRG-42 is part of this, then I'd recommend 300 Norma & 338 Norma with Lapua soon-to-be supplying brass for these calibers. Magazine-fed, the Norma cartridges are a much better option than 338 Lapua.

Also wondering if the switch barrel would be compatible with the Sako TRG-s M995 action?

Hey guys, these are still coming, just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten. I have to say that the obscure calibers probably won't make the list. We're mainly doing this as part of our overall support of the TRG, not as a money maker. However, the cool part is that with our barrel nut, any shop can cut you a barrel with the TRG thread spec and you can spin it on yourself it your knowledgeable/qualified. Thank you,
Justin

Reactions: stefan73
Hey guys, these are still coming, just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten. I have to say that the obscure calibers probably won't make the list. We're mainly doing this as part of our overall support of the TRG, not as a money maker. However, the cool part is that with our barrel nut, any shop can cut you a barrel with the TRG thread spec and you can spin it on yourself it your knowledgeable/qualified. Thank you,
Justin

Hey when are you going to release your trigger for the Tikka T3x?

6.5 SAUM in a TRG42? Can that be done? 7mm 300wm? I hope you guys get this project finished! I want to be able to spin on barrels!

Any news on timing for this setup? I’m getting close to rebarrel time on my TRG and would like to incorporate this barrel nut setup when I do.

Hey guys, you can get them here: https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product-category/sako-trg/

Barrels, nuts, and wrench are up. You can use a Savage wrench (with the squared off teeth not the round teeth) but not a Savage nut.
We probably won't get to the less popular calibers but you can always buy the nut and have a smith spin you a custom barrel.
Thanks guys!
Justin

Reactions: Bravo6 and skatz11