• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Switch lug updates?

I don't have one but I also plan to build on one. Just be careful about action selection. If your action has an integral lug, like a Defiance Deviant or Bighorn TL3 for example, it will most likely not fit in the MPA chassis. I emailed them and they said their recoil pocket accepts up to like .375 inches or something like that. Which seemed odd to me, but that's what they said. So keep in mind, you may want to call em up just in case!

If your action doesn't have a integral lug, you should be good to go! I called West Texas Ordnance about em' and they've been having great success with it returning to zero, and being rock solid!

I have one - I had WTO build the rifle with a Switch Lug to make life easier once I need to replace barrels. So far, my only experience is with the single barrel, and I haven't removed it and remounted at this point. However, the gun's a tack driver - capable of sub 1/2 MOA all day long, if I'm not being an ass. No issues over 500 rounds. That's not exactly a torture test, or a long lifetime. But, take it for what it's worth.

Interested in possibly building one of these. Any idea if it'll fit in an aics ax type chassis?

Better to have it and not need it, than to not have it and say oh shit.....

Interested in possibly building one of these. Any idea if it'll fit in an aics ax type chassis?

I looked into using the switch lug on an AICS, and it would have taken a lot of work. You could only use an action that DOES NOT have an integral lug. And even at that, you would have to do quite a bit of grinding to the lug area on the chassis. I can't remember exactly what the thickness of the AICS lug area is, but it is smaller than .350".

I looked into using the switch lug on an AICS, and it would have taken a lot of work. You could only use an action that DOES NOT have an integral lug. And even at that, you would have to do quite a bit of grinding to the lug area on the chassis. I can't remember exactly what the thickness of the AICS lug area is, but it is smaller than .350".

Dang ok well there goes my idea for a poor mans axmc haha thanks

To open the lug recess on an AICS chassis is not a big deal. Have done it to 3 or 4 of them.

To open the lug recess on an AICS chassis is not a big deal. Have done it to 3 or 4 of them.

You've done it to the post 2014 chassis?

I had to open up the aics 2.0 for a thicker lug. A friend did it in about 30 minutes. I would think the ax would be the same way.

I've used the switchlug with a Stiller Tac 30 with very good results. 308 and 243 barrels. It's a good product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody tried this with using both long action and short action, like 300WM and .308/6.5 creed?