• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SWR octane 45 HD vs liberty mystic ..........

Bp44

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2013
Oregon, the dry side
I am after the unicorn of suppressers I think.... I am looking for a can that is user serviceable (I do cast for pistols) and will allow me to push the limits of 300 blk and 357max. I have very little desire to run it on a ctg above 1150 fps as super anything does not float my boat. I would really like the input from others that have gone this route.

I think I would like a 77/357 but the 77/44 seems like it would lend it's self to hunting blacktails better having a 300grn bullet vs the 230 for the 77/357. I understand both suppressors could handle 300 supersonics but what I don't understand is if I was to purchase a octane 9 HD and was trying to load 300blk on the faster Side and ran 20-100 supers through it to get them shooting right would it be ok? I guess it a 45 vs 9 vs 300blk for hunting inside 150yds and are pistol cans able to handle a few light supers (50). I live @ 5000' and load develop @ around 25 degrees but I hunt at 500' on average and 60 degrees. Thus is the reason I'm asking about pistol cans and supersonic loads. I live high and dry and hunt low and wet.

Last edited:
I have both of these cans. The Octane is only rated for 300 BLACKOUT subsonics. The Mystic is rated for both super and subsonic. If that's a big deal, then that probably makes your choice for you, I would think.

I will say that the click together baffle stack in the Octane is a great design. It's easier to take apart and cleaning is pretty easy. The Mystic has a nice thin walled tube, but requires their "push tool" (included) to get the baffle free of the tube. The mono core is a thing of beauty.

You'll be happy with either of these cans, but the piston design, and the click together baffles give the edge to the Octane, IMVHO.

Last edited:
The octane will be totally fine. I wouldn't do mag dumps on an SBR. It will handle it but cause accelerated erosion. That being said, we have an awesome warranty and wouldn't turn you away.

The octane will be totally fine. I wouldn't do mag dumps on an SBR. It will handle it but cause accelerated erosion. That being said, we have an awesome warranty and wouldn't turn you away.
Could you please verify that the Octane is rated for subsonic 300 blackout only, correct?

Wow. Double taps seem to be par for the course for this computer.

Last edited:
Yes. A quick look on their website will verify that

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yes. But the Liberty Mystic was only rated for Subsonics for a while too. Further testing showed they could handle the supersonics. Since James works with Silencerco, I was wondering if he knew if the Octane was capable of handling the supersonic pressures as well as the subtonics, or if they're standing by their original assessment on subsonics only.

Yes. But the Liberty Mystic was only rated for Subsonics for a while too. Further testing showed they could handle the supersonics. Since James works with Silencerco, I was wondering if he knew if the Octane was capable of handling the supersonic pressures as well as the subtonics, or if they're standing by their original assessment on subsonics only.

Well, the paperwork is off for my new mystic but I'm sure I will have a octane 45 in the future. I would also like to hear James's take on supers through the octane as well. If it ever makes the rating for 300blk supers it would sweep the market for a multiple caliber can.

sorry it has taken so long! The octane is not rated for 300blk supers. It will handle it for a while but will cause fatigue on the tube. I would not recommend people to use any non welded core for the supers. If the core is not welded all of the baffles are pushed forward by the muzzle blast and the force all goes to the front cap. This causes the tube to stretch until it finally fails. Check out the Harvester, it is only 11oz and super strong. I know it does not fill the pistol/blk super, role but it is an awesome option and only $750.