• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T1x 200 yards Lapua Xact VS CenterX his and hers

545riflefan

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Hi Folks. Both me and my wife are shooting identical T1x. We have both been working thru various brands and lots of ammo to see what works best for use. All along we were hoping to be able to shoot the same lot of whatever ammo was best just to keep ammo selections to a minimum.

We decided to go with the SK/ Lapua lines without really working thru either Eley or RWS

background is we bought these are .22 trainers for when we can’t get to the 1000 yard + range with our TacA1 6.5cm ( a bit of a drive )

so far we have been very happy with these T1x’s.
Our local range is limited to 200 yards and that is where we shoot these most of the time.

So today we decided to try out the Lapua Xact up against our 2 lots of CenterX we have.

Here are the results.

we both shot the CenterX per 6x5 rules just as a mixed lot. All 6 groups consecutive. ( just rolled right into 191 for group 4-6

as this is the first time shooting the Xact we were not sure where the POI would be so we shot some sighters and then shot the 6x5 using the Xact

you can see that we both seem to show that the Xact would not be worth the cost.

nice day today. We both won today’s shoot off. I can claim best average and she can claim best group.

anyway. I’ve been seeing lots of questions about how the T1x does with various ammo and wanted to post up our experience to day on A sample of 2 T1x

7C28B34D-80B6-45E4-9710-F73B94C5C818.jpeg
B46947C6-C53C-412A-8CDD-0E5BBF5CF60D.jpeg
D58CD530-CF68-463D-87D8-9A34E4C309A7.jpeg
11279F8A-E043-40B5-A634-9FDA62D3252E.jpeg

You both actually did very well at 200 yards with 22lr.
Very little lateral spread, mostly vertical caused by mv variations.
Typically I expect a total of 4 inches of spread from a box of decent ammo.
From a superb box of 22 lr, 3.5 inches.
If the box was damn near magic, 3 inches.

If you feel really ambitious, attempt 50 shots at a single aimpoint.
It will make you appreciate just how good y'er results are.

Well done to the both of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Z and Geno C.
what you running for glass and rings on the T1X?

both guns set up the same

T1x is in OEM stock. Front barrel block removed and channel opened up a bit more for clearance. Front has 1 lb of #9 shot w/epoxy rear has 3lbs in mine , 4 lbs in hers. ( mine is neutral balance , hers slight rear bias Victor Titan rest. Tikka T3 butt pad. Tikka vert pistol grip

Harris bipod w/ podloc

scope is Sightron S3 6-24x50

rings are Seekins .97

area419 30moa rail

trigger at 2lbs mine 2.5lbs hers

when I picked these guns up a few months ago I had every intention of going right into a chassis to mimic our TacA1’s. But now seeing how well they shoot like this and honestly they are perfectly comfortable to shoot we will be keeping them like this.

can’t say enough good things about our experience with Sightron scopes. Glass is superb and tracking is always spot on.

our sample of Sightrons are
1 x SVSS10-50x60 her TacA16.5cm
2 x S3 6-24x50 our T1x’s.22
1x S3 8-32-56 my TacA16.5cm

not an issue with any of them. We shoot out to 1100 yards on the 6.5’s and usually are at power 18ish Spot the hits, misses, easily. I’ve shot to a mile and have no issue whatsoever in spotting all my misses. :)Clarity is fantastic No issues with our eyes getting tired or anything. ( we both shoot with both eyes open

had to add the shot and epoxy to the front to stop the flex ( stiffen it up ) that caused by POI to shift each timeI got down and loaded the bipod.

We both agree that we are not shooting consistently and can tell when a shot didn’t go quite as planned. These little guns are really a hoot and we are both learning a lot about our shooting fundamentals and how we can improve. Should really help when we go long next time out with the 6.5’s.

we do hope to stretch these .22’s out also to see how they hold up at 300 and 400. I’m trying to set up a time to do some paper groups at 300 and 400 but that may take a bit to schedule.

I'd be interested to know if the glass gets tired.

Nice shooting btw.
Thank you for the compliment

I’m not sure what you mean by glass getting tired. Sorry it’s early :)

I can say that my eyes don’t get that burning feeling after sitting behind it for a while.

Eye relief is great
Eye box is great
Clarity , tracking, resolution etc

I don’t need a spotter to see my shots on steel at 1000 on the TacA1’s ( or the missed splash in the background )

on the T1x I spot my own hits on the paper target at 200 yards on power 16 just fine.

The burning in the eye , that’s the feeling I always got behind the other scopes I’ve bought and sold off that just didn’t cut it. Sig, Leupold, Vortex. In fairness the scopes I’m talking about all had MSRP under $1000. ( these were always highly recommended on the forums as being GTG) but for both of us were a no go and just make the range time a hassle.

Thank you for the compliment
I’m not sure what you mean by glass getting tired. Sorry it’s early :)

LOL, I was making a comment based on what Karubagold said about "running" glass. When I "run" I get tired, just wondered if your glass gets tired of being "ran". I can understand if you are "using" glass but if you are "running" it I'd like to make sure it's in good shape. :p

both guns set up the same

T1x is in OEM stock. Front barrel block removed and channel opened up a bit more for clearance. Front has 1 lb of #9 shot w/epoxy rear has 3lbs in mine , 4 lbs in hers. ( mine is neutral balance , hers slight rear bias Victor Titan rest. Tikka T3 butt pad. Tikka vert pistol grip

Harris bipod w/ podloc

scope is Sightron S3 6-24x50

rings are Seekins .97

area419 30moa rail

trigger at 2lbs mine 2.5lbs hers

when I picked these guns up a few months ago I had every intention of going right into a chassis to mimic our TacA1’s. But now seeing how well they shoot like this and honestly they are perfectly comfortable to shoot we will be keeping them like this.

can’t say enough good things about our experience with Sightron scopes. Glass is superb and tracking is always spot on.

our sample of Sightrons are
1 x SVSS10-50x60 her TacA16.5cm
2 x S3 6-24x50 our T1x’s.22
1x S3 8-32-56 my TacA16.5cm

not an issue with any of them. We shoot out to 1100 yards on the 6.5’s and usually are at power 18ish Spot the hits, misses, easily. I’ve shot to a mile and have no issue whatsoever in spotting all my misses. :)Clarity is fantastic No issues with our eyes getting tired or anything. ( we both shoot with both eyes open

had to add the shot and epoxy to the front to stop the flex ( stiffen it up ) that caused by POI to shift each timeI got down and loaded the bipod.

We both agree that we are not shooting consistently and can tell when a shot didn’t go quite as planned. These little guns are really a hoot and we are both learning a lot about our shooting fundamentals and how we can improve. Should really help when we go long next time out with the 6.5’s.

we do hope to stretch these .22’s out also to see how they hold up at 300 and 400. I’m trying to set up a time to do some paper groups at 300 and 400 but that may take a bit to schedule.
Thanks for all the info! I think I'm going with the T1X for my first bolt gun. Any tips or advice on setting up the titan cheek rest? How many spacers are you using? And sorry about my choice on verbiage on the glass..... I should have said what kind of glass are you 'using' instead of 'running'...lol

Thanks for all the info! I think I'm going with the T1X for my first bolt gun. Any tips or advice on setting up the titan cheek rest? How many spacers are you using? And sorry about my choice on verbiage on the glass..... I should have said what kind of glass are you 'using' instead of 'running'...lol
LOL, it's all good my friend. I have always gotten a kick out of people using the word "run" to describe anything they "use" on a firearm.

Fantastic choice on the Tikka T1x.

Reactions: JohnTheFisherman

the cheek rest comes with a set of direction that if I recall correctly says to set it 1 1/4 inch back. I think I’m a wee bit back from that.

I’m using the 2 spacers that come with it and think sometimes about adding another

there are some things to think about with setting the cheek rest.

scope height for 1. This will be for you to decide how high you want the scope to sit up. There are charts to help you figure out what will clear this scope of that but there is more to it than just that.

you’ll need to figure out what is comfortable for you while shooting.

my rings are .97 to center while sitting atop an area419 30moa rail. With my Sightron 6-24x50 and the sunshade and caps on there it clears the barrel by about 1/8 inch

before I bought the rings I set the scope on the rail using pennies as a lift aid and had my wife steady the scope as I got behind it checking my neck placement / strain in prone / bench/ standing and kneeling and sitting to make sure I’m not having to tweak my neck to get a good sight picture

a straining view thru the scope isn’t something I can do for very long.

also you will need to figure your shooting garnets in the equation as well

if you set your stuff all up perfect during the summer , you may find that once you put a jacket on you can’t get behind the scope properly.

there is quite a bit to setting up a scope, rings, cheek rest etc.

Just wanted to mention that stuff

love the Titan rest. Didn’t like the cheap drywall screws it came with. Looks out of place on the gun

I went to Home Depot and picked up some nice black torx deck screws to mount it up. Looks like it was part of the gun now.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
the cheek rest comes with a set of direction that if I recall correctly says to set it 1 1/4 inch back. I think I’m a wee bit back from that.

I’m using the 2 spacers that come with it and think sometimes about adding another

there are some things to think about with setting the cheek rest.

scope height for 1. This will be for you to decide how high you want the scope to sit up. There are charts to help you figure out what will clear this scope of that but there is more to it than just that.

you’ll need to figure out what is comfortable for you while shooting.

my rings are .97 to center while sitting atop an area419 30moa rail. With my Sightron 6-24x50 and the sunshade and caps on there it clears the barrel by about 1/8 inch

before I bought the rings I set the scope on the rail using pennies as a lift aid and had my wife steady the scope as I got behind it checking my neck placement / strain in prone / bench/ standing and kneeling and sitting to make sure I’m not having to tweak my neck to get a good sight picture

a straining view thru the scope isn’t something I can do for very long.

also you will need to figure your shooting garnets in the equation as well

if you set your stuff all up perfect during the summer , you may find that once you put a jacket on you can’t get behind the scope properly.

there is quite a bit to setting up a scope, rings, cheek rest etc.

Just wanted to mention that stuff

love the Titan rest. Didn’t like the cheap drywall screws it came with. Looks out of place on the gun

I went to Home Depot and picked up some nice black torx deck screws to mount it up. Looks like it was part of the gun now.
Thanks so much for the detailed response! I am going to keep this in my archive for when I set up the scope and cheek riser. Yeah obviously there is much more to just slapping the scope on there rifle...

Very good shooting. I tried my T1X on a bipod and it was like shooting off a pogo stick, lol. I really like the reticle on your scope but don’t have a need for one lighted.

Very good shooting. I tried my T1X on a bipod and it was like shooting off a pogo stick, lol. I really like the reticle on your scope but don’t have a need for one lighted.

Thank you. It took us a bit before we were comfortable shooting off of a bipod. It does take some getting used to

as for the reticle. It’s become my favorite. Nice and clean. Here is a view thru my Sightron S3 8-32x56 at 1000 yards at 24x. The phone didn’t pick up the clarity so the pic looks a bit washed out but was nice and crisp. The 6-24x50 on the T1x looks just as good.

as for lighted vs not lighted. I have had to use the illumination during the day while at the range. Shooting onto a shadowed dark target the reticle can be hard to pick up against the target. Turn the illuminated dot on and GTG
You can get it without illumination and save a little $$

351855FD-5AFD-48CC-BBED-F1EACCD30CF8.jpeg

Today we got a chance to shoot at 300 with the CenterX. It was way windy today and we almost didn’t go but in the end we figured we would learn a bit and we did. These are the last of the shooting for the day. My wife ( M target ) shot 3 final groups for score. I shot 5 groups for score ( B ) target. In the end I was bested at our inaugural 300 yard windy shoot smack down. I’m doing the dishes tonight :).

I post these to help other see how things go as we learn the ropes on .22. We sure are having fun. My 1 group really had 1 come in low that messed up my average.

A42B7176-588B-4F8F-924C-3F89894FE754.jpeg
2B12D0BB-1FD6-439D-898B-9A06D66118E9.jpeg
5E2BB78C-7CDD-4B68-8252-6A39EF852F0E.jpeg

Enjoying your reports on the dual T1X's...Keep them coming!!! Beautiful little range and scenery...what part of the country you shooting in?

Enjoying your reports on the dual T1X's...Keep them coming!!! Beautiful little range and scenery...what part of the country you shooting in?

we are shooting in and around SW and central Ohio. These pics are from the Miami Pistol Rifle club outside of Cincinnati. We feel real fortunate to have good ranges here. We’ve had a great time at Thunder Valley and Rayners ( both within 2.5 hr drive ). as well as a few closer to home 0-300 yard ranges.

we learned a few things for sure yesterday.

my wife learned about multiple of 3 at 300 yards.

her target (M). Lower right group. This was shot using the middle bottom dot as POA. The dots are 12 inches apart. This was her first group on this board. She shot twice and in frustration asked me to spot with the spotting scope because she couldn’t see her hits on paper. I took a look and saw 2 hits way right. Asked her to shoot again. Now see 3 hits way right. Look at her scope. Yep ... 4 MOA right dialed in ( that’s 12 inches at 300 ). Told her to shoot 2 more but not to mess up as it would be a great group if she was consistent. She laughed and theM saw thru the scope where the group was. Then we talked about how adjustment had a x3 movement at the 300 yards we were shooting. We had talked about it but I guess it really didn’t register till then. Now she’s got it for sure.

I need to work on my prone shooting as I for sure wasn’t doing it all very cleanly. Also may need to figure out how to get my butt pad up about an inch higher. I may see about making an adapter to do this. I know a chassis would solve this issue but I’m trying to see if I can get this stock setup to work or not. ( just a strange personal challenge thing )

Reactions: KarubaGold
Here is a very windy 200 yard trip from a few weeks ago. Normally we would not shoot at 200 with winds like this but we were both interested in what would happen so we decided to give it a go. This is my target using the same lot 184 centerX as we used at 300. All in all I honestly was expecting it to look much worse. I didn’t try timing the gusts or anything. We had a wind flag at 200 but it was more for comedy than anything as it was pointing in every direction and never in the same location as was felt at the bench. 1 cold bore group then right into the 6x5.

Our guns have not been to Lapua for lot testing yet as we don’t have 1000 thru each of them. Just got this lot by chance. Lot starts with 23555 so it’s on the lower end of velocity ( no chrono to check ) Overall pretty happy with centerX

I will order up some Eley soon to see how that compares.

E02C1140-FE6C-47E8-A3C3-8FB5D81E97CF.jpeg

New guy question here, what is the multiple of 3 that you are speaking of?

New guy question here, what is the multiple of 3 that you are speaking of?

sorry for not explaining that better. The scope adjustments are at 100. 1 click on my MOA scope is 1/4 inch of adjustment at 100 yards. So that same 1 click adjustment ( 1/4 ) moves the impact 3/4 inch on target at 300 yards.

so she had 4 MOA of adjustment dialed in on the scope.

at 100 yards that would move the impact 4 inches.

because we were shooting at 300 it moved the impact 12 inches. That’s the multiplier I’m talking about.

sorry for not explaining that better. The scope adjustments are at 100. 1 click on my MOA scope is 1/4 inch of adjustment at 100 yards. So that same 1 click adjustment ( 1/4 ) moves the impact 3/4 inch on target at 300 yards.

so she had 4 MOA of adjustment dialed in on the scope.

at 100 yards that would move the impact 4 inches.

because we were shooting at 300 it moved the impact 12 inches. That’s the multiplier I’m talking about.

Nice looking setup, I almost thought you stole my rifle for a second there haha
t1x.jpg

Here is a very windy 200 yard trip from a few weeks ago. Normally we would not shoot at 200 with winds like this but we were both interested in what would happen so we decided to give it a go. This is my target using the same lot 184 centerX as we used at 300. All in all I honestly was expecting it to look much worse. I didn’t try timing the gusts or anything. We had a wind flag at 200 but it was more for comedy than anything as it was pointing in every direction and never in the same location as was felt at the bench. 1 cold bore group then right into the 6x5.

Our guns have not been to Lapua for lot testing yet as we don’t have 1000 thru each of them. Just got this lot by chance. Lot starts with 23555 so it’s on the lower end of velocity ( no chrono to check ) Overall pretty happy with centerX

I will order up some Eley soon to see how that compares.

View attachment 7428876
Excellent write up and great shooting!
When you mentioned multiples of 3, in my mind I thought about the rimfire adage of "double the distance, triple the group size." (ie: 0.5" groups at 50 yards usually grows to 1.5" at 100 yards).
Appreciate the clarification about the MOA multiplier.

In your experience, do you find that certain ammo shoot better than others at varying distances? Perhaps due to different BCs, speed, etc?
Cheers,

Excellent write up and great shooting!
When you mentioned multiples of 3, in my mind I thought about the rimfire adage of "double the distance, triple the group size." (ie: 0.5" groups at 50 yards usually grows to 1.5" at 100 yards).
Appreciate the clarification about the MOA multiplier.

In your experience, do you find that certain ammo shoot better than others at varying distances? Perhaps due to different BCs, speed, etc?
Cheers,

as for the ammo and performance. Our experience is limited to CCI SV, Wolf MT, SK Std+, SK RM, Lapua CenterX ( 2 sep lot #’s) and Lapua Xact. I will be picking up some Eley Tenex to try out soon. From that group of ammo we have found that we need to do our testing at 200 to really see the difference between them. What I mean by this is that for us, when the SK Std+, the SK RM, Wolf MT all shot very similar at just a pinch under an inch But when we stepped those 3 out to 200 is when we for sure could make judgments on how they were doing. For both of us the Wolf was consistent 4 inch groups at 200. So the Wolf MT is out for us. The SK Std+ and SK RM was interesting. My rifle shot the Std+ better than the RM. my wife had opposite results with RM performing better than STD+. I could cherry pick a group here or there where we could get under 2 inches at 200 but it was not the norm.

our consistent performer has been the CenterX. It was very obviously better at 100 than the other 3 mentioned above. It performed consistent in both of our rifles ( this is huge as I do not want to be stocking different lots for each of us).

the Xact shows good consistency but for us the price doesn’t justify what we saw for results. To be fair the Xact was purchased blind and has a lot # starting 24555. That indicates a slightly higher velocity and we do see it’s POI being about 1 inch higher at 200. I should have tried to find a lot of Xact with the same lot# starting as our centerX (23555).

that's a lot of writing to say that if it shoots great at 200 or 300 it will shoot great closer

if it’s shooting poorly at 50 or 100 it will shoot more poorly as the distance goes out.

I also believe in stepping the distance out as far as you can and shoot some 6x5’s on various days so you can see the performance pattern develop. We all get those nice unicorn groups but the bigger picture of performance comes from shooting quite a few on the same day if you can.

I didn’t mention the CCI SV as it was just bad at 200. No need to include it in our T1x shooting. I’ll keep that for the 15-22

Reactions: Mr. Wolf
Thank you for the clarification. Great shooting by you and your wife!

Hello everyone. I wanted to update everyone on our Tikka’s over the last year. We shoot these at 200 exclusively and only shoot Lapua but the groups below include 4-5 diff lots. The most recent 6x5 posting is with our lot tested ammo. The guns are unchanged and still shooting great. We do have the occasional spent case to dig out of the chamber from time to time but other than that they remain flawless. I do plan to mess with the wire to see if i can get it to extract 100% but to date it just hasn’t bothered me enough to go there. . ( we are not yet shooting on the clock ). We did take both guns into the Lapua rimfire test facility and came out with a good lot of CX for me and Midas for her ( she is now registered here as ZenaWP(545’swife). Of course her gun liked the slightly more expensive stuff. The testing was very interesting in that it showed without a doubt that our 2 guns preferred different lots. We had a 3rd T1x there that day and it also preferred a different lot that our 2. They all shot great once that lot was found. Just interesting that 3 identical set up T1x’s would all favor different lots was a surprise to us. So we were shooting rounds of 6x5’s this weekend ( results posted ) and my wife said it would be good to average all our 6x5’s together to see what the overall average is to date. Her thought is that would show everything. The good, the bad, the ugly, good days and bad. Hot days, cold days, windy , etc. All groups were included. I see there is a running thread about shooting at 200 but since these results are a little off the criteria there we decided to not post in that thread.

For me. To date at 200 I have shot 134 groups. These were all shot using the 6x5 rules. That’s 670 rounds. When I average all those groups together I get an average group size of 2.676 inches. If I did my math right that’s 1.277 MOA

for her ( ZenaWP(545’swife)
She shot 83 groups or 415 rounds. Same scoring as me using 6x5 rules. Her average is 2.720 inches or 1.298 MOA

you can see that we are very close to each other. Our shooting skills are pretty evenly matched. The guns are also pretty equal in terms of accuracy. We will stay at it and post in here as we get more time at the range. We both agree that we are not shooting 100% clean so I’m not yet ready to say we have gotten as good as we can with the Tikkas. I have since given up on a chassis for these as they just shoot so good as is. Now it’s just me trying to do my best to see what these are truly capable off. We have had some great groups along the was but as everyone who shoots 6x5 it’s the average of 6 that matters most and I’m not yet able to have 6 flawless groups. That’s my goal. Shoot a clean 6x5

pics from this weekend. We had to pause in the action as these was cross traffic on the range. A mother and 2 lil ones.

191034ED-6F66-4A33-87EB-D690494653F9.jpeg
52723FF7-95BA-42FF-B67A-826465037DD0.jpeg
5D929485-6094-4BFA-B1E0-5DC815869768.png
3B683C4A-6848-4EA5-81A3-AD3010B171A5.png

Hi Folks. Both me and my wife are shooting identical T1x. We have both been working thru various brands and lots of ammo to see what works best for use. All along we were hoping to be able to shoot the same lot of whatever ammo was best just to keep ammo selections to a minimum.

We decided to go with the SK/ Lapua lines without really working thru either Eley or RWS

background is we bought these are .22 trainers for when we can’t get to the 1000 yard + range with our TacA1 6.5cm ( a bit of a drive )

so far we have been very happy with these T1x’s.
Our local range is limited to 200 yards and that is where we shoot these most of the time.

So today we decided to try out the Lapua Xact up against our 2 lots of CenterX we have.

Here are the results.

we both shot the CenterX per 6x5 rules just as a mixed lot. All 6 groups consecutive. ( just rolled right into 191 for group 4-6

as this is the first time shooting the Xact we were not sure where the POI would be so we shot some sighters and then shot the 6x5 using the Xact

you can see that we both seem to show that the Xact would not be worth the cost.

nice day today. We both won today’s shoot off. I can claim best average and she can claim best group.

anyway. I’ve been seeing lots of questions about how the T1x does with various ammo and wanted to post up our experience to day on A sample of 2 T1x

View attachment 7422179View attachment 7422181View attachment 7422184View attachment 7422186
Those look real good. I shoot a T1X factory barrel too. I’ve found 5 round groups from 50 to 200 do not represent the reality of ammo performance. At least 10 rounds per group are necessary to get a good look at what I can expect. I do also usually track the group size minus 10-15% flyers because shooting steel in matches would mean 85% hits. I’m constantly “calculating” practice ammo cost vs results. Lots of quality trigger time time is key for consistent performance , I find.

Wow that's some impressive results 👍

What kind of SD and ES are you getting with those groups? Gotta be unreal...

With my experience I'm not getting anything consistent @100m less than 1,5moa. @166 we are talking 4" verticals at best😱

lapua wax coated or sk's slug slime either shot really well for us It's all a matter of which you can get in the quantity your happy with hope your gun likes them for years to come .thanks for the post .

Wow that's some impressive results 👍

What kind of SD and ES are you getting with those groups? Gotta be unreal...

With my experience I'm not getting anything consistent @100m less than 1,5moa. @166 we are talking 4" verticals at best😱
Thank you
I can speak to the SD or ES as we don’t have a chronograph to measure that with.

we still think that the groups will tighten as we get more consistent with our part of the shooting. I’m still having to work on my NPOA as I find myself pushing the gun into position from time to time.

we both seem to have 3 or 4 really good shots and then 1 just is a bit off. It may be the round or maybe it’s us. We aren’t ready to for sure blame the ammo just yet. Don’t get me wrong. I’m all about the excuses 🤪.

This is a pic from Sunday of all of our groups. Most were pretty good but there were a few that opened the averages up.

25970366-2FB6-4912-9A8E-6DBE7E8EB452.jpeg

Thank you
I can speak to the SD or ES as we don’t have a chronograph to measure that with.
Well there's a few things you could do that would also be telling.

Shot larger shot groups, 10, 20 or even 50rd. Get a better picture of vertical and horizontal s.
Also shot the 21 dot drill to see accurate vs precision.

Would be curious to see the results 👍

Reactions: Emerson0311
Op...good post. Validates my point that xact cost is not worth it compared to Cx or Midas.

After perusing the results, it ain't all on you. Some is wind, some is shooter caused,
but most of what I see is mv spread and bullet defect caused strays.
At 200 yards, that extended time of flight, allows even the smallest bullet irregularities
to cause spin related trajectory wobbles that push 'em off line.

I'd like to see a few 50 at 200 yards, also.
But I might be biased. ;)

After perusing the results, it ain't all on you. Some is wind, some is shooter caused,
but most of what I see is mv spread and bullet defect caused strays.
At 200 yards, that extended time of flight, allows even the smallest bullet irregularities
to cause spin related trajectory wobbles that push 'em off line.

I'd like to see a few 50 at 200 yards, also.
But I might be biased. ;)
This is next up on my rimfire to do list. Ever since you started that 50 at 200 thread I’ve wanted to give it a go. 😁

Those look real good. I shoot a T1X factory barrel too. I’ve found 5 round groups from 50 to 200 do not represent the reality of ammo performance. At least 10 rounds per group are necessary to get a good look at what I can expect. I do also usually track the group size minus 10-15% flyers because shooting steel in matches would mean 85% hits. I’m constantly “calculating” practice ammo cost vs results. Lots of quality trigger time time is key for consistent performance , I find.
Thank you.
Your reply has had me thinking quite a bit on how I’m keeping track of our performance to date and what it would look like if I subtracted out a 15ish % flier factor. Only way I could do that without going crazy with a calculator was to drop the largest group. I know … not the same but an interesting exercise for me anyway. Much caffeine and some free time made this possible 🤪

the results I have posted above include all the groups. Ugly ones and all. Always held on the same POA. Never tried to fudge in order to tighten any group up

you got me curious on what the best of the groups would average out to show. That led to pulling out the worst and averaging the best 5 out of 6. Then pulling the worst out of each 6x5 to see what those look like.

So… here goes. All shot at 200

if I pull the best groups out and average only those. These being the best of the groups over the last year in all conditions using a bipod and rear bag I get an average of 1.739 or .830 MOA.

using the best 5 out of 6 ( tossing the worst group ) I get and average of 2.498 or 1.192 MOA

using the worst groups and averaging those I get 3.791 or 1.810 MOA

Anyway. Just wanted to post up something I thought was an interesting way to look at our performance to date.

when I started shooting rimfire at 200 I really didn’t know what to expect or what the limitations were going to be. I keep learning as I go and hope maybe someone else can pick up a few things from this thread. Looking at the 6x5 thread will show folks best to date shooting but not what’s going on in between.

here are the numbers if you are interested in the details.

8A484D0F-92E3-4E64-BFE4-03C2D6D1F173.jpeg

Look at all those numbers.
All that averaging and data mining.

You do realize, you can obtain a much better visual analysis
with far fewer computations don't you?....;)

Just send the entire box at a single aimpoint.
Extremely easy to spot the outliers and those best fitting the bell curve. :D

2_0lWzbEmE3gGH-z40hWAgx3TDErY5T-zzlxMci8UN1JUqsiX2L8UkoyfLVvySvUW4U7wqzMX_eJ92bakpK-LUajkpUox-d_rHwYlvSjaF7g7JFsUvZvFpqhbxlF33XD01DTXK57PpKvroULee-Ca55MISkHDnvg7H5Jl8fecGKNffLO-hgXJRlCBEfQ2Q6V0y9N95BSXTHFakI8hDRH6qmKi2OsDZno-JJT8SsHPNZaWcWK52F8H7UHlCCKm1TXOX-P6OeHsBuTCRxw6ap6QxGtD5Cc3gsMbsOUjgoBzxslkvcKKxONF5ZBI6NGFR2I67C2hB-UDXqwLU3niddUXc4R6MWCjqfcgelZYk1k8PpKURTP55QGdAOY5kOPDK_njN_owe4wc5PVPk5hwxxF99x106C7au_bdGwK07vrn3V5hXpFJYlXkI7nTA3umrju2tywue6TqUX9rkClwLcTBkuoKX34FvR4_0rKhxQWerKxcBo4Nz0f0BE-y6j1P5GBdN2yURInU33pxue-ecjEDuemPoelyY9eTEIV-2iEURDJENzaWAP44nGreYupIHLyiTGvvm4y1CH8KY3S5ugABxLdYe1JJPa4Fqyu5WkhR15WF4wvy3iT7zFMXAfNZqY0_4g54JdjEZzHftaFi1Wsty_JKjhy4vj0klFj99aq9OSduP10PwPUiQb5iI-HJZRT8row6ZkcAXTf5jxn0w=w417-h591-no

Last edited: