• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T3x and T3 action differences

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    When the T3x rifles came out they made a few changes such as the metal bolt shroud, steel recoil lug and the port on the action. Is their any reason on the T3 and T3x lite rifles that would not allow you to interchange barreled actions on either a T3 or T3x stock. Did they change any dementions on the width or length on the actions or also change anything between the 2 tangs on the back of the actions?

Other than the changes you mentioned, the actions are identical. You should be able to put a T3X into a T3 stock, and vice-versa.

Thanks for the info, I have a T3x lite factory stock in the camo and can get a good deal on a new T3 rifle. I would like to use the stock as I stripped a T3x CTR stock and used the butt pad and vertical grip and put it on the T3x lite stock. The butt pads on the new T3x lite rifles are not to swift and I now have both grip panels to interchange should I want. I did here somewhere that someone said the actions were a tad wider and the tang a tad different.

I put a new take off 6.5 Creedmoor barrel from a T3x on my T3, and the headspace was perfect. I don't think they made any changes in the physical dimensions. I will find out as soon as my T3x Varmint gets here.