• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T3X or ?.

GibsonL5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2018
TX
This will be my first centerfire rifle. I'm leaning hard toward a T3X varmint in .223 and put it in a KRG Bravo. Obviously, I'd love to just buy the barreled action from the varmint rifle, but might be waiting a while to find one... So, before I buy a new t3x varmint and ditch the factory stock for a bravo, are there other options that might be close in price by going with a custom barreled action? I figured I'd ask before buying a new tikka and bravo.

Thanks for any help.

DO IT !!!!
968D9217-33F4-44EF-AAE3-F2D03DFF32AB.jpeg
11219EF6-9A93-4D09-980B-B8E73AF41C8A.jpeg

This will be my first centerfire rifle. I'm leaning hard toward a T3X varmint in .223 and put it in a KRG Bravo. Obviously, I'd love to just buy the barreled action from the varmint rifle, but might be waiting a while to find one... So, before I buy a new t3x varmint and ditch the factory stock for a bravo, are there other options that might be close in price by going with a custom barreled action? I figured I'd ask before buying a new tikka and bravo.

Thanks for any help.

In all seriousness if this is your first you can’t go wrong with a Tikka. Why .223 vs. Something in the next size bolt face that would give you more options for distance and rebarelling?

In all seriousness if this is your first you can’t go wrong with a Tikka. Why .223 vs. Something in the next size bolt face that would give you more options for distance and rebarelling?
Well, I'm choosing .223 for cost of ammo, range length, and occasional varmint hunt. I would love to start with a 6.5 cm, but the cost of of .223 ammo vs 6.5 would allow me to practice more(I need alot). The range I belong to is 600 yards and don't feel th 6.5cm would get to stretch it's legs. I also will do a couple of varmint trips a year and feel the .223 suits that more..

In the end, if I enjoy the shooting centerfire, then i will definitely move to a 6.5cm next year and have this .223 ready for my grandsons coming up.

Thanks

Tikka is a great choice. I have a CTR in 6.5 and it hammers!

my varmint 223 in an mdt ess that builds muscle carrying it 😂

Reactions: GibsonL5
That sounds like a great first centerfire rifle, in a perfect caliber. I started with a Rem 700 in .223 in a Bravo stock, and then added a similar 6.5CM. Have both in the KRG Bravo - love the Bravo! Would never be without a .223 bolt action. The Tikka is a super action, smooth, reliable, good aftermarket support, 1:8 twist barrel that allows heavier (better BC) bullets, etc. Let us know how you like it!

Reactions: Boltyboi
Sounds like a great first centerfire rifle! Much better choice than mine (Mosin Nagant M44)...

The t3 is very deserving of the praise. I owned a T3Tactical in 223. At first I just couldn't get it to shoot as I wanted it too. I bought it used with full knowledge that the seller was not happy with its accuracy. The original stock was not the issue as much as the original magazine. Too short to be able to get bullets out far enough to be as accurate as it needed. It being the older model I was able to have CDI (RIP Jeff) install the AICS bottom metal and use longer AICS 223 mags.

I have my T3X 223 Varmint in a MDT HS3 chassis. With factory ammo Hornady 55 grain V-Max or Australian Outback 55 grain, my Tikka will between 0.3” - 0.7“ CTC.

Now I also have a Tikka T1X in a KRG Bravo chassis, I do have to say it’s Very comfortable to shoot. I like it better than my MDT.