• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ta da... the new LH Rem 700P LTR

Meuse

Exceptionally Average
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Purgatory
Hey fellas, this may not be new info to some here but I thought I'd pass this along.

I had no idea Remington made these. Remington LE says it's new for 2009. My shop was able to track one down for me through a distributor somewhere and I picked it up yesterday. Finally, a decent LH alternative to the SPS varmint - and should make a great future donor.
wink.gif

It came with an X-Mark Pro Adjustable trigger. I sure hope it's an improvement over the original X-Mark. The little factory tag says it comes set at 3 1/2 lbs out of the box - with a 2 lb range adjustment. Mine came set at just under 5 lbs... now set at 3 lbs. It adjusts with a small allen screw.

I've heard talk that Remington may be slowly switching over to the 40-X trigger but no such luck on this one. We'll see how this new one works out.

Rem700LTR001.jpg

Rem700LTR004.jpg

Re: Ta da... the new LH Rem 700P LTR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bolt handle is on the wrong side </div></div>

Yep, Remington finally got it right.
wink.gif

This thing better shoot... I sold my 5R to finally go with a left hander. It's that RH, left eye dominance thing.

Yep, I know all about the 'shoot a RH anyway' thing - I've tried it. Shooting anything but prone really sucked ass. Best wishes to all the 'Saving Private Ryan' types, though.

I would like to have one of those in a `17 Fireball. I was just getting ready to order a SPS(LH) in 17 Fireball, and have been looking at a decent LH Thumbhole Laminated stock for new furniture. I do not care for that SPS stock. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bolt handle is on the wrong side </div></div>

Yep, Remington finally got it right.
wink.gif

This thing better shoot... I sold my 5R to finally go with a left hander. It's that RH, left eye dominance thing.

Yep, I know all about the 'shoot a RH anyway' thing - I've tried it. Shooting anything but prone really sucked ass. Best wishes to all the 'Saving Private Ryan' types, though. </div></div>If your LH LTR shoots like my RH LTR I think you will be pleased. JW

I bought the same rifle about three months ago and it's now dressed in a McMillian desert stock. Looks great with the NightForce 3.5X15 sitting on top.

I just bought one two days ago, and have not shot it yet. I am going to try the hornady tap 168 grain amax, and the hornandy custom with 168 BTHP.

If you don't mind me asking. What did it cost you? My friend is a lefty and looking for a new rifle.

Sure, I paid $984 through a local shop. They did a search and located a distributor with just one. I'd guess various others should have them as well. The RH LTR's are definitely a good bit cheaper, $750 or so.

There was another LH LTR on gunbroker last week at a shop in New Mexico with a Buy It Now of $1199. It was up to $1129 with 5 days left. Ended a few days ago... but I never looked to see what it ended at.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to let him know.