• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAB Gear Biathlon Sling

Re: TAB Gear Biathlon Sling

I got the elite version from Tony right before the Cup Train Up and I ran it all week. This is a great sling. I carried a heavy 7wsm for a week without a single hot spot on my shoulders - that is a first in 4 years. It is easy to sling and unsling. It supports the rifle in a shooting position as well as Tony's other slings...and the padding is a nice touch to pad the hand for long strings in sitting positions. I climbed up, down and all around a 16 foot signal tower with my rifle slung and it was stable and comfortable. Tony will have those pics soon. We took quite a few for him to post of the sling in action. It is a little heavier than a standard sling, but for long hikes with a rifle, it is the absolute king. I think it will be just the ticket for long hikes in the mountains after elk combined with one of Tony's covers.

I hope to have pics up shortly.

Sean

can you guys put me in contact with Tony or Lisa to purchase the Biathlon sling?

Pop an email from the website...or PM Tony here...even though I'm on the other side of the Pond they never fail to answer promptly. These guys are top drawer!

It is one bad ass sling i meant to pick one up while I was there!!

Tony has his shit wired tight on all his products!!

Always thought that the concept was a great idea. Now it's a reality and of course i just bought a normal TAB sling. Damm It!!

MGC, you can email lisa at [email protected] and she'll get you taken care of with your sling needs.

The slings still are not up on the site yet, hopefully that will be taken care of soon. Until then just send her an email and she'll be happy to take your order.

You didn't get one from the prize table Nomad? I put about a dozen of them up for grabs, you're getting slow in your old age son.

Thanks for your business DirtDart, we'll be happy to sell you another sling, you can never have too many.

Thanks for the note. What type of buckle works best with the AIC 1.5? there seems to be a choice. I think I would like a metal buckle unless the plastic version is very strong and will take the wear and tear.

The metal buckles are very nice. Do you really need them? Not really, but we do sell a lot of them all over the world. I haven't heard of any problems with the plastic buckles from all of them that we've sold.

I was long gone before the last stage even ended I was heading off to the airport!!

But they rocked and thanks for all the great stuff you donated to the prize table I know a ton of shooters walked away smiling!!

Here's a similar sling for $90. I saw these on the Accurateshooter.com daily bulletin and have always wanted to try them out.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/05/double-rifle-sling-for-hunters-and-tactical-shooters/

The strap has neoprene, like the Op/Tech camera straps I have, but reinforced. This should give the sling a little more give/cushion; not sure if that's good or not, or how much "bounce" these slings have. I will say I love my Op/Tech camera straps and will never go back to regular straps again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nhm16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a similar sling for $90. I saw these on the Accurateshooter.com daily bulletin and have always wanted to try them out.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/05/double-rifle-sling-for-hunters-and-tactical-shooters/

The strap has neoprene, like the Op/Tech camera straps I have, but reinforced. This should give the sling a little more give/cushion; not sure if that's good or not, or how much "bounce" these slings have. I will say I love my Op/Tech camera straps and will never go back to regular straps again.

</div></div>

Looks like a nice sling but I question the use of neoprene. To me it limits the life of the sling if used hard in a variety of environments. Not saying I am right, just a gut feeling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nhm16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a similar sling for $90. I saw these on the Accurateshooter.com daily bulletin and have always wanted to try them out.

</div></div>

Looks like a nice sling but I question the use of neoprene. To me it limits the life of the sling if used hard in a variety of environments. Not saying I am right, just a gut feeling. </div></div>

Yeah I have my doubts too but unless you're regularly crawling through rocks neoprene is pretty tough. My Op/Tech camera straps have held up to a fair amount of travel and hiking. They do noticeably add to the comfort over a plain non-stretchy/bouncy strap though.

Yes Bill, the slings have been shipping for quite some time now and are being very well received. I replied to the email you sent me in more detail.

Thank you for your business.

Have any of you guys tried running with the sling, does it hold the gun tight, or bounce?

It holds it pretty tight. You can move very well with it on. There is some slight side-to-side rocking, but not anything too much. I ran with it during the Cup train up....and then went climbing around all over a 16ft metal scaffolding to see how it held up. This thing stays put.

This is how it hangs across the back. It does well even with a fairly bulky belt.

IMG_0193.jpg

These pics were shot rapid sequence as I was climbing around on the tower. The rifle felt solid and did not throw my balanc off at all. You can see it stays flush against the back. It will rock side to side some, because the sling is attached to the midline of the rifle and it can pivot a little. Nothing short of tape or circumferential straps would stop this. It does not, however, come away from the body once you have it snugged up.

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

This is a great option for carrying a heavy precision rifle.

Does anyone know if the straps can be adjusted so that the rifle sits more cross shoulder?

Meaning, instead of straight verticle, can the barrel be over on shoulder with the buttstock on the opposite hip?

I know this sounds unreasonable for a longer barreled rifle but for a short barrel it might keep the end of the barrel from extending past the overall height of the head while walking.

I'm thinking for hunting trips in the woods.

Thnks

You mean sling it across your back like you would with a regular sling? Sure you can do that with no problem.

This looks like just what I need for the Pecos Run and Gun in the Sun this year! Just sent Lisa an email. Do the simple Biathlon slings still have padded straps?

Batboy, I'm glad you like your slings, thank you for your business.

Yes sir chainring, the simple biathlon slings have the same padded straps as the regular biathlon sling. The SBS doesn't have the provision to actually get slung up like the RBS does.

We look forward to making you a sling.

I have one it really makes a long hump with the rifle more comfortable.

My mate just got back from Cali yesterday and turned up to the range with my new TAB BIATHALON SLING .Pulled it out and instantly one saw a well made heavy duty rifle sling .The boys got around for a look and were all well impressed with what they saw as I clip the buckles up and put it on my back and model for them all - I am sure there will be more than one order from New Zealand -thanks Tony GREAT PRODUCT !! ps. I proceeded to shoot after my modeling debut the worst 1000 yards ever !! se la vie

Received my TAB biathlon sling today and man this thing is solid and comfortable. Easy to shoulder/un-shoulder and the rifle stays put.

Mine came in, took about a week. Fantastic piece of kit!

Allocine, the riflesonly website is being upgraded and the biathlon slings are not listed yet. I'll be happy to answer questions here, or if you need to place an order you can email Lisa at [email protected] to do so.

Thanks.

Also, please check your PM I'm sending you.

Okay, so I may be retarded for not knowing this (and I've read the whole thread). But can this sling be used with standard swivels, not the sidemounted flushcups etc?

I have a 700P thats absolutely screaming for one of these.

I would've recorded it, but I don't dare to take it out of the safe.

Hopefully the sling will be GTG with standard swivels, and it's urges can be thoroughly satisfied.

These slings can have any swivels you want on them. They are made so that the user can change our, or mix and match any combination that you need to fit your rifle.

If you're talking about the studs that are mounted on the bottom of stock on your 700P then sure it'll work. The rifle can move from side to side a little bit but it's not a big problem and we haven't had any customers give any negative feed back that this is causing any problems in the field.

I just ordered one today, and this sling will be perfect for hunting. It will be the difference between night and day climbing a deer stand.

Received my sling today, fantastic product and now there are a few down-under
smile.gif

Resurrecting this thread.

I got this TAB Biathlon sling, and am quite impressed with its quality. <span style="text-decoration: underline">However</span> I seem to be unable to use it to hold my Rem 700 <span style="text-decoration: underline">comfortably</span> on my back!

Remington has sling attachment points at the bottom of the stock, front and rear. That seems to be the problem; and the pic's of happy users climbing walls with this sling show rifles "fastened" to their backs "side-ways" - as with sling attached to the side of the rifle.

In short - what would you recommend to make this nice sling usable with Rem 700? Do I need to adjust it differently - shorter, longer, whatever (so far no adjustment worked)? Or do I need to put rifle not straight (parallel to the spine) but cross-wise somehow? Or do I need to find a way to attach this sling to the left side of the rifle (if so - how)? Or...?

Tnx!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Resurrecting this thread.

I got this TAB Biathlon sling, and am quite impressed with its quality. <span style="text-decoration: underline">However</span> I seem to be unable to use it to hold my Rem 700 <span style="text-decoration: underline">comfortably</span> on my back!

Remington has sling attachment points at the bottom of the stock, front and rear. That seems to be the problem; and the pic's of happy users climbing walls with this sling show rifles "fastened" to their backs "side-ways" - as with sling attached to the side of the rifle.

In short - what would you recommend to make this nice sling usable with Rem 700? Do I need to adjust it differently - shorter, longer, whatever (so far no adjustment worked)? Or do I need to put rifle not straight (parallel to the spine) but cross-wise somehow? Or do I need to find a way to attach this sling to the left side of the rifle (if so - how)? Or...?

Tnx! </div></div>

I installed a set of flush cups in the side of my rifle JUST for this purpose. I think that most of the guys are also running flush cups of some sort.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Resurrecting this thread.

Tnx! </div></div>

I've not tried the TAB Biathlon sling, but have run into the same problem with other similar style slings.

The best solution is undoubtedly to install flush cups as already mentioned.

Another more field expedient way is to lengthen one of the shoulder straps a couple of inches or so, and then position it so that it goes "over" the forend and over the butt so when you put your arm through it, the rifle is "underneath" it and trapped side ways against your body...Its not ideal, but it does work...

Regards,

Peter

Peter, thanks - I'd like to try it. Could you make a picture so I could understand better what the result should look like?

It seems that the biggest problem comes from Harris bipod to which the sling is attached. If worst comes to worst I can unmount it for carrying - though it would be an <span style="text-decoration: underline">ugly</span> solution...

I also have a remington with bottom sling attachments. I was going to order biathlon sling but was worried about gun being butt-heavy with scope and flopping to each side with bottom attachements. Got the regular sling instead.

The suggestion that I gave mouse was to try a couple of things.

1. Take up all of the adjustment in the swivels. That would keep some of the side to side motion to a minimum.

2. Shorten one shoulder strap to make the rifle ride at an angle with the barrel riding over a shoulder rather than centered on the back.

If you're using the biathlon sling with center studs and have a bipod you may have to remove the bipod to keep it from digging into your back.

If all the above don't work for you then about the only thing left is to install some flush cups on the side of the stock if your stock can handle them.

#1 did not help. I'll try the rest and report here.

Who installs flush cups, and what are the requirements for the stock (mine is laminated wood) to handle them?

The biathlon sling is a tool and is not intended to be the "be all end all" of the sling world.

If you the sling works well with your DTA rifle, but you can't get comfortable with your Remington 700, you've got to change something on your 700. If taking the slack up in the adjustment doesn't make you happy, adjusting the shoulder straps to make the rifle to hang different doesn't work, and you don't want to take your bipod off, then about the only thing left is to install flush cups and purchase a set of flush cup swivels. You can also sling the 700 like a regular sling over the shoulder too if it comes to that.

I don't install flush cups, you can do it yourself though. There have been lots of threads here on how to install them. Triad Tactical posted some directions recently that lays out how to install them, it's a relatively simple thing to do. Your stock will handle flush cups just fine. The stock has to have some solid material to epoxy the cup into.

Triad, thanks! Am I correct assuming these instructions apply to installing swivel bases on the side of the stock as well?

Hey Tony
our team thanks you! we all used the biathlon slings at some point or another while in tulsa,OK. I used it on my bolt gun, shotgun and ar.

I get asked about this sling frequently.
Always direct them to Lisa @ Rifles Only.

just received mine,t his is a very high quality item (I am using it with the TAB rifle cover)

Anyone had any issues with side mounted flush push button being released while on their back?

Thats all im worried about, i have side mount flush cups, but with the way this sits on a person back, got me worried, any issues so far?