• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAB GEAR request for help.

Tony,
Ever thought of making a different shape rear bag? I always see rectangles and squares, and occasionally a wedge but I have never seen a ball. Could you make a rounded rear bag with a flat bottom and maybe some sort of hand loop?
I can explain everything better when we get a chance to talk but I think it could make for a great rear bag shape.

I've used a bag for zeroing and prone shooting. Haven't used them on barricades. My instructor has always focused on unsupported shooting and it was just that no bags, just the sling and that was it. Don't know about the zippered bag but the sewn aren't bullet proof either. I've had to restitch my small rear bag a half dozen times already.

Hi Adam, I'll be happy to talk about your idea when we get together. My reason for liking a rectangle is because you have three different heights available for fine tuning what you need in the field.

yfzjen, you owe it to yourself to try lots of different ways of practicing, not just what one guy tells you. What works for one may not work for another. If it works great you haver another tool in the box, if it doesn't that's fine too, you found out you don't need that tool.

Are you saying you have a TAB GEAR rear bag that you have had to restitch back together a half dozen times? We have never been bashful about stating that we have a lifetime warranty on all of our products, and the owner is who determines the lifetime. If it is one of my bags and you are not happy with it why haven't you gotten ahold of us to allow us the opportunity to fix the issue?

Nothing is bullet proof, no offense, but it we have never been contacted with the issue then whose fault is that?

The only thing holding back a fillable bag using beads would be then you have to bag them all up when you take some out. A good solution would be to have beads in small self-contained packages (maybe some cloth or plastic?) that you could add or subtract one by one in a large zippered pouch/fill bag to make it the size you want. Maybe have 10 of these small packages of beads for an average fill, so you can download to 9 or add one to make it a little more plump? It would allow customizability, you can still use the fill bag for gravel, etc if needed for space considerations, and you can replace the packets when/if they start to collapse.

I like the idea of filling the bag with anything, including gravel and/or dirt.

Tony, the part of the video showing you and the girl sewing and making gear is great. It's real and proud to own a lot of your gear knowing how dedicated your business is to making it for all of us. Keep doing what you're doing, don't ever feel pressured to keep adding products, and keep believing in the "quality without compromise" philosophy.

WolfCobra, it really is not practical for me to make ten small bean bags that you could insert and remove as you need them. I would need to sell them for about $4.00 each for it to be economically feasible to do that. I doubt you or anyone else will want to spend $40.00 for the little bags and then spend $30-$40 for the zipper bag itself. I would recommend carrying a few of the ziplock snack baggies if you anticipate adding and removing fill several times in a day.

Thank you Monmouth, we appreciate your nice comments. The support from the community has been amazing, business is better than ever, and we are working on more innovative ways to bring you guys products based on the TAB GEAR ideals.

I to like the idea of a zipper bag with the user picking his own fill material. I think adding a Velcro flap that would fold over the zipper would address some concerns of an exposed zipper. Just my 2 cents

I second Monmouth statement, great products, excellent quality. Carry on!

Hey Devildog, thank you for taking the time to add your input here, it is appreciated. In our testing, and independent testing, the exposed zipper has been holding up very well when the bungee is wrapped around the corner loop like is demonstrated in the video. I have thrown the bag on the ground repeatedly and the zipper has stayed closed very reliably. The zipper we use is the largest that is available, number 10 zipper chain.

I originally experimented with a double velcro flap to keep from using a zipper. This turned out to be very time consuming and difficult to turn right side out. I had originally given the zipper a passing thought but disregarded it as a weak link that wouldn't work. I was on my second day of working on prototypes when my sons girlfriend Elena, who works for us, asked if I had tried the zipper. I was getting frustrated with the velcro idea and said "what the heck, let's see how it turns out"

The zipper turns out to be the easiest method I found for accomplishing what I wanted the bag to do. Easy to make, as economical as possible to make, easy for the end user to use, so far is holding up to abuse very well. The velcro took so much time to make look acceptable that the cost was going to be higher than what I wanted to list it at. I was also not liking the velcro idea as it was adding bulk to the bag that I didn't like either.

ArmyJerry, we have received quite a bit of support for the current fill we use. I'll start another thread posting some pictures I've made with different size bags so I can get some feedback from folks.

The case, is our rifle cover. Here's a link to the site. Frank shot a video of it when he was down and we'll have it on the site as soon as it's ready. I'll also have some more pictures uploaded to the site in the near future as well. TAB Rifle Cover

I know you said you were looking at making a larger bag. I think the ideal size would be roughly the same up/down dimension as it is now when laying the bag longwise but making the 'longer side' to where its roughly 5" when loaded down with the stock. For reference, I also have the RedTac bag that is listed as being 6" long. The problem with this is that there is almost zero 'give' when using the bag vertically; if it had your fill with your fill volume, it would be ideal.

The main issue I've personally had and have heard from others is that it works well in its current layout for most bolt gun stocks but has a problem with AR type adjustable stocks like the CTR or SOPMOD stock where you have to put the bag underneath the lowest piece and that usually is 1-2 inches too short.

Make sense?

Frank,

1 bag per shooter... is that for a given stage or all weekend? Not to derail the conversation, but I'm sure it will come up...

Tony -

I couldn't stomach the idea of paying $70+ for a Weibad. I bought a bag of this and a friend made several for me in various shapes and sizes. Some are perfect for putting on the hunting pack and taking a rear bag along for a pack/hunt without the weight. I keep a fluffy bag on the front end of my rifle stock when I hunt from a climbing stand to help calm the rifle during the shot as well as allow me a spot to lay the rifle across the safety bar with minimal noise.

Bean Bag Filler, Polystyrene Beads in Stock - ULINE

ETA: The polystyrene beads crush and crumple eventually, I made the seam easy to rip and refill, a small zipper and a velcro flap would do really well but we didn't think of it up front.

Last edited: