• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tac 21 chassis Opinions

Gman021

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2012
Massachusetts
Hey everyone

New to this forum and new to distance shooting. I've picked up a remington SPS Varmint in .308 and have been thinking about aftermarket stocks/chassis' to put on. I thought I was dead set on an HS M24 stock but then I set my eyes on the tac 21.

I've heard it's not the best when it comes to accuracy but I was hoping some people on here who have one can refute that.

And I would think putting a Enidine Shot Shock would make it even better.

I have a lot to learn about snipers/distance shooting but I'm ready to start.

Re: Tac 21 chassis Opinions

I have both. I prefer the look of the tac21 mine has a magpul prs stock on it. There are a couple of minor mods I made to the tac 21 but now both shoot the same
The tac21 is a bit heavier though.

Ben

tac21019-1.jpg

I did a review of one here when they were just starting to show up on the market. It has some upsides and downsides. Downside was the use of the factory safety is useless. Don't bother getting the one cut for it. If you go this route get the one thats not cut and get a bottom safety jewell trigger. Initially accuracy wasn't so great out of a proven performer but after switching optics to something a little better and checking the connections throughout the accuracy was on par with setting an SPS tactical into a HS precision stock.

Between the AICS and the TAC 21, originally I would chose the TAC21 because the thumbhole on the AICS does not fit me. Now there is a company offering PG stocks for the AICS which I have yet to try but would resolve the thumb issue. Cost between the two will be about the same the only advantage over the AICS the TAC 21 has is the ability to chose your butt stock. Not a huge advantage there in my eyes as if you get a 1.5 chassis it already has some adjustability.

I've had my eye on the TAC21 because I want to seriously customize the stock by anodizing it red to get a metallic "target" look to the rifle. I've gone back and looked at the AICS, which is cool, but I still can't customize it as much as I would like to with the TAC21. So I think I'm going to order it. What I would like to know is what sorts of things do you do with the TAC21 to get the accuracy up to something comparable to the AICS? I heard of one guy that mentioned the end of the stock didn't fit tightly to the butstock and it was causing an unrepeatable firing condition that induced fliers. Have you seen this? Please help me understand what I need to do to
totally get this thing to shoot accurately/solidly.

I like your advice on getting the stock without the safety cutout and instead get an aftermarket Jewel trigger with bottom integrated safety. Did you find any problem installing (fitment) the aftermarket trigger?

Onwards,
Lox

Look into the AICS, the TAC 21 was ok but I ran into some problems and posted about them here with would help people in the future. Its an OK unit if setup correctly but for my money again I would hit the AICS not that someone is making PG stocks for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: torrentuser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had my eye on the TAC21 because I want to seriously customize the stock by anodizing it red to get a metallic "target" look to the rifle. I've gone back and looked at the AICS, which is cool, but I still can't customize it as much as I would like to with the TAC21. So I think I'm going to order it. What I would like to know is what sorts of things do you do with the TAC21 to get the accuracy up to something comparable to the AICS? I heard of one guy that mentioned the end of the stock didn't fit tightly to the butstock and it was causing an unrepeatable firing condition that induced fliers. Have you seen this? Please help me understand what I need to do to
totally get this thing to shoot accurately/solidly.

I like your advice on getting the stock without the safety cutout and instead get an aftermarket Jewel trigger with bottom integrated safety. Did you find any problem installing (fitment) the aftermarket trigger?

Onwards,
Lox
</div></div>

I put a Timney Trigger in mine and the cut out works fine for the safety. Easy to operate the safety. The butt stock fits perfectly and is tight with no problems at all. Don't buy into all the dogma.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't buy into all the dogma? </div></div>LOL "

Pretty cut and dried, the chassis will not work with a Jewell top safety, Even using a regular factory safety it was a bit to operate the safety. Fix: get a jewell bottom safety trigger.....

You trying to sell yours or something? 2 post in this thread alone with no useful information past a picture....

I actually openly did a review of this chassis for function and accuracy. Sold it afterwords because while its a decent idea it wasn't for me. It had some shortfalls and some upsides though.

The review

"LOL "

Pretty cut and dried, the chassis will not work with a Jewell top safety, Even using a regular factory safety it was a bit to operate the safety. Fix: get a jewell bottom safety trigger.....

You trying to sell yours or something? 2 post in this thread alone with no useful information past a picture....

I actually openly did a review of this chassis for function and accuracy. Sold it afterwords because while its a decent idea it wasn't for me. It had some shortfalls and some upsides though."

-----------------------------

I provided useful info. Timney trigger works great. Chasis is awesome. Butt stock is tight and I have no problems. Safety works great with no problems. Yes, I posted a couple of nice photos. Sorry if my photos and first hand opinions upset you. No need to get your panties in a wad! To answer your question. No, I am not selling my awesome TAC21; I would not dream of it. Shoots about 3/4 MOA at 100 yards easily and consistantly.
grin.gif

"Those pictures look photoshopped."

-----------------------------------

What makes you say that? Is it the bright multi-colored background or could it be that it seems to be floating in mid air.
confused.gif

Anyway, I can't imagine what your comment implies.

If your main concern is looks and you like the Tac 21 then get it. Just understand that it's not in the upper echelon of stocks available for building a very accurate rifle. If you like the AR/tube gun look then check out the AI AX chassis and the McCree Chassis. Both are easily upgradable except for the butt stock.

Edit: I think I'm wrong about not being able to change the butt stock on the McCree.