• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Kilo 51 has arrived !!!

ogonzalez13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Laredo, Texas
Well, its been a long time coming, but my new Tac Ops Kilo 51 has arrived. Every thing people have said about Tac Ops rifles and the man that builds them, has been spot on. This rifle has been a dream for a long time and now is a reality. All I can say is that it is a thing of beauty. Range report to follow. Now onto the show.

Make: Tactical Operations (Tac Ops)
Model: Kilo 51
Caliber: 308 Winchester (308 FGM)
Action: Remington 700 short action
Stock: McMillan A3-5 fully adjustable
Barrel: 22" (Give or take a hair)
Threaded for Brake: Yes
Anschutz bottom rail: Yes

P6270790.jpg

P6270788.jpg

P6270787.jpg

P6270786.jpg

P6270789.jpg

P6270791.jpg

P6270785.jpg

P6270797.jpg

Re: Tac Ops Kilo 51 has arrived !!!

Congrats! Let us know how she shoots, although I think anyone familiar with Tac Ops already knows:)

That is pretty much my rifle with a different scope and a little less wear. I have put a few beauty marks on mine.

Very nice. I really like my Echo 51, but this would be my ideal TacOps setup.

thats unbelievable! can i dare ask what his rifles go for and the wait time?

Gonzalez,

I live in Laredo, too. When can I shoot it? I'll buy the ammo.
smile.gif

Congratulations on a fine looking precision rifle.

Great looking stick. I never get tired of looking at them. Is that the test target Mike sent with it? If so, first I've seen him list a cold bore shot. Thanks for the pics my Tango shouldn't be to much longer.

Congrats and welcome to the club. May I suggest you call Mike and order your next rifle today. Since you have one the wait won't be bad at all
wink.gif
Maybe a .260
smile.gif

Apparently there's no need to wait. The OP is selling this rifle in the FS forums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently there's no need to wait. The OP is selling this rifle in the FS forums. </div></div>

You are too late. It already sold.

Sorry for the ignorance, and since it is already sold to a very eager buyer; what makes these rifle so expensive? I can see the amazing groups posted, but couldn't that be mostly the shooter? Is there something that sets this particular rifle $1,000 or more apart from an APA or GAP? Excuse my apparent lack of knowledge of Tac Ops because this is a very nice looking rifle, and a seemingly great shooter. Just looking for particulars that put it in the $5,200 range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there something that sets this particular rifle $1,000 or more apart from an APA or GAP? Excuse my apparent lack of knowledge of Tac Ops because this is a very nice looking rifle, and a seemingly great shooter. Just looking for particulars that put it in the $5,200 range.</div></div>

Answer: Nothing. If I could be paid to post up 3 shot sub .2 inch groups with GAP and other rifles I own I would retire from my day job. Not to detract from the quality of this rifle, it is fantastic i'm sure, but come on, lets get real.

Mike R is just an extremely anal guy. The attention to detail is incredible. He test-fires every rifle himself. The Birdsong finish is top notch. The thread job is class 3A. His standard rifle is equipped with an Anschutz rail. He does a custom texture job on each rifle. All of the tolerances are super-tight, and it will shoot Federal Gold Medal match like no one's business.

Basically, every part of his rifles are well thought out and done to the highest standard. If you care about that sort of thing, it is worth paying an extra couple of dollars for.

Very true. But we do know that Birdsong finish is "softer" compared to Cerakote. The finish selected and the action is about the only thing I would change. Everything thing else is good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there something that sets this particular rifle $1,000 or more apart from an APA or GAP? Excuse my apparent lack of knowledge of Tac Ops because this is a very nice looking rifle, and a seemingly great shooter. Just looking for particulars that put it in the $5,200 range.</div></div>

Answer: Nothing. If I could be paid to post up 3 shot sub .2 inch groups with GAP and other rifles I own I would retire from my day job. Not to detract from the quality of this rifle, it is fantastic i'm sure, but come on, lets get real.</div></div>

Not to detract from the quality, right?

Some rifles can do it, some can't. With Tac Ops, all are tested, so it is known whether they can do it or not before they leave the shop. Some shops test fire for accuracy, some don't.

I think test-firing is a good idea. Obviously, it takes time and ammo and then the possibility that you will catch your own mistake and have to rebuild the rifle... or send it to the customer and hope he can't shoot the difference.

A lot of people think that customs aren't worth the money because they bought a bone stock PSS that shoots half MOA. That's great, but some won't shoot MOA. You buy a custom so that you know it will shoot better than most factory sticks. You buy a Tac Ops so that you know it will shoot better than most custom sticks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very true. But we do know that Birdsong finish is "softer" compared to Cerakote. The finish selected and the action is about the only thing I would change. Everything thing else is good to go.</div></div>

Durability is actually a bit better for the Birdsong. The finish is softer, true, but also a lot thinner, so it tends not to chip as easily. It is also self-lubricating.

As teflon-based finishes go, Birdsong is the best. Check out the FAQ for finishes from Harrison Custom: http://www.harrisoncustom.com/FAQ.aspx click on "Finishes." I couldn't link directly.

IonBond DLC is the most durable, but not as lubricating and not as resistant to corrosion. You pick your poison in terms of durability, thickness, corrosion resistance, and color selection.

I think the biggest downside for Birdsong is color selection, but there are at least more colors than IonBond DLC, which is black or black.

NP3 (elctroless nickle) is a very nice coating very similar to Birdsong, but it is even more limited in color selection.

I think the issue most here would have with Birdsong is the lack of camo. He has that option now as well, but again, the options are limited.

Wow man sick rifle! Not to be ignorant but is that line-x on the stock? The black texture, looks to be Line-X or Rihno, which puts an idea in my head I may explore!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just looking for particulars that put it in the $5,200 range.</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Before you start talking about my Company's pricing get your facts straight. The Kilo sells in the low 4's Captain...

Mike
Tac Ops</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just looking for particulars that put it in the $5,200 range.</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Before you start talking about my Company's pricing get your facts straight. The Kilo sells in the low 4's Captain...

Mike
Tac Ops</span>
</div></div>

That poster was apparently referring to the $5200 price tag the rifle was (apparently) sold for earlier today in the firearms for sale thread. A new price in the low 4's of course brings the pricing very close to other similar custom rifles.

Carter Mayfield: The time, care, testing and attention given by Tac Ops to their rifles is undeniable. TacOps is among those at the pinnacle of the rifle building craft. Others are as well, imho. Whether one can definitively detect that based on the display of 3 shot groups at 100/110 yards is closer to my point. Again, in my opinion, you can not. This is an issue more of statistics than quality rifle building.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for the ignorance, and since it is already sold to a very eager buyer; what makes these rifle so expensive? I can see the amazing groups posted, but couldn't that be mostly the shooter? Is there something that sets this particular rifle $1,000 or more apart from an APA or GAP? Excuse my apparent lack of knowledge of Tac Ops because this is a very nice looking rifle, and a seemingly great shooter. Just looking for particulars that put it in the $5,200 range.</div></div>

If you look at my for sale thread on the rifle in question, you will see that I was wanting to recover what I have into it and not the cost of a base Kilo. What I have into it includes options that dont come on the base Kilo as well as rifle case, shipping cost, etc. I dont know all of Tac Ops pricing, I just know what I paid. I couldnt agree more with what Carter Mayfield had to say in his post, "Basically, every part of his rifles are well thought out and done to the highest standard. If you care about that sort of thing, it is worth paying an extra couple of dollars for".

Well leave it to a few to always post some negative comments about TacOps.

There are a somethings to be said about Mike and his work, and all are positive. First, to be clear on the price, is most TacOps rifles are in the low to mid 4k range. Anything extra comes from the other options, scope bases, barrel threading, rings, cases, etc. However, one thing that I have noticed, and it's not at all unusual, is for <span style="font-style: italic">used</span> TacOps rifles so sell well over retail. That is a testament to Mike's quality and reputation. I don't know of any other custom rifle that you could buy shoot and then sell for well over what you paid for. It's not smoke and mirrors, but proof that people are willing to pay for TacOps rifle.

I myself, at first, was skeptical. I mean, who wouldn't at first with the best guarantee in the industry? The biggest change for me was talking to Mike over the phone, he explained everything; what he does, and more importantly <span style="font-style: italic">why</span> he does it. If anyone who has seen the movie <span style="font-style: italic">Objectified</span>, it is important to understand what goes into making a product.

I was lucky enough to visit Mike and see his work first hand, again because I wanted to make sure that I was getting my money's worth. Believe me when I say that TacOps rifles look better in person than in photo's. It's incredible to see Mike's attention to detail. The man really has a passion for what he does and he not only guarantees his groups, but his whole work for life. His attention to detail in impeccable. He builds each rifle as if it was his own. And if all the alphabet agencies that is 90% of Mike's business doesn't stand out to you as proof, I don't know what will.

So, to summarize, TacOps rifles are not over 5K for just the rifle. TacOps quality and groups are not a mythical unicorn but real. If every rifle builder out there could do the same why don't they guarantee it? If you doubt Mike, call him. Here's his number, 310 275-8797. He will answer any questions, he's completely transparent with his work. If you ever buy a TacOps, you can rest assured that you can sell it for at least the amount you paid for if not more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Mike
Tac Ops</span>
</div></div>

That poster was apparently referring to the $5200 price tag the rifle was (apparently) sold for earlier today in the firearms for sale thread. A new price in the low 4's of course brings the pricing very close to other similar custom rifles.

Carter Mayfield: The time, care, testing and attention given by Tac Ops to their rifles is undeniable. TacOps is among those at the pinnacle of the rifle building craft. Others are as well, imho. Whether one can definitively detect that based on the display of 3 shot groups at 100/110 yards is closer to my point. Again, in my opinion, you can not. This is an issue more of statistics than quality rifle building.

</div></div>

This issue of statistics has been discussed and investigated with 5x5 shot groups by two top rated shooters already and they confirmed that the TacOps shoots SUB-.25MOA regularly (Tactical and GeorgeMac I believe. Both LE snipers and Tactical is a Gold Medal Winner in F/TR). If you want to further talk statistics then look into the fact that there are hundreds of TacOps rifles around with similar test targets that are well under .25MOA. That all serves to provide a statistically significant sample to determine that with factory ammo TacOps is unmatched for accuracy not just on one build but across a portfolio of rifles and calibers.I'm not aware of anyone who guarantees sub-.25MOA with FGMM for every rifle they build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

I agree that a single 3 shot group won't tell you whether a rifle can shoot that every time... but it certainly gives you more information than if you did not test shoot the rifle at all. One person made a claim a while ago that he could make money buying Remington 700's at Wal-mart and shooting until he got a 1/4 MOA 3-shot group. Maybe. But he will be shooting a long long time.

I have had accuracy issues twice with my rifle. Once, there was a scope issue, and a second time, there was an issue with the torque on a front base screw... I tested the torque on it in the process of troubleshooting the scope and ended up loosening up the base screw in the process. Both times, Mike walked over all the potential issues with me over the phone at no charge. And he did it with confidence knowing that he knew there was not an issue with the rifle itself because he had shot it... that is powerful.

I should also note that when I was having "issues" with the rifle, it was still shooting well under MOA for 5 shot groups with the occasional flier that would open a group up to MOA. While the rifle was "broken," I shot probably 120 rounds through it trying to identify the issue, switching to different handloads and factory ammo. During that period, I had many sub-1/2 MOA groups, but no 1/4 MOA groups. My point is that statistically, yes, it is possible that I could have delivered a 1/4 MOA group, but that never happened until I fixed the issue. Then, my second group was 1/4 MOA. I am not a great shot. I am pretty good. about one-in-4 to one-in-5 of my 5-shot groups are 1/4 MOA with my Kilo-51.

The test targets serve an actual purpose in Quality Control. It is not just something to hang on the wall... it lets Mike know that the rifle meets his standard. And he has built rifles that do not meet his standard and has had to break them down and find the issue. And I will repeat, some gun builders don't perform this quality control step. Some do and charge for it. And some do. Mike does and will not let a rifle leave his shop unless it shoots to his standard.

What bugs me is that the same people who make the statistical argument that because 5 data points are better than 3, zero is better than 3. What kind of thinking is that? Many folks here build accurate rifles for sure. I just wonder how someone could guarantee the accuracy on something they haven't shot... and people complain that Tac Op's guarantee is worthless because it is for 1/4 MOA? Come on...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Mike
Tac Ops</span>
</div></div>

You may want to reread my post and get your story straight. My post was as respectful as can be. I was just wanting to know some particulars to the rifle that makes the price on them so high even though they are made on a basic trued remington action. With your one comment you have told me all I need to know about you and your company. My post was not meant to start some pissing war. It was to inform me of what you do to your rifle to make them perform the way they do, and that was your chance to personally inform quite a few people on the Hide reading these posts of what sets you apart. Instead, you chose to act like an ass.

"If you look at my for sale thread on the rifle in question, you will see that I was wanting to recover what I have into it and not the cost of a base Kilo. What I have into it includes options that dont come on the base Kilo as well as rifle case, shipping cost, etc. I dont know all of Tac Ops pricing, I just know what I paid. I couldnt agree more with what Carter Mayfield had to say in his post, "Basically, every part of his rifles are well thought out and done to the highest standard. If you care about that sort of thing, it is worth paying an extra couple of dollars for"."

Thank you ogonzalez13, that answers my question a little better. My comment was not bashing your price as I waited until you found a very eager buyer to ask the question. I was trying to ask the question to be more informed about the company.

All Mike said was his Tango is in the low 4's, and if I were him I would make it very clear that they aren't $5k+. Because there is a big difference between $4k and $5k. And potential buyers such as myself might not even call if I think his rifles are significantly more $$$$ them some of his competition.

I am not sure how that makes him look like a ass, but your entitled to your opinion. I am sure looking forward to next fishing season where I can order a rifle and Tac-Ops will be right up there when I try and decide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for the ignorance, and since it is already sold to a very eager buyer; what makes these rifle so expensive? I can see the amazing groups posted, but couldn't that be mostly the shooter? Is there something that sets this particular rifle $1,000 or more apart from an APA or GAP? Excuse my apparent lack of knowledge of Tac Ops because this is a very nice looking rifle, and a seemingly great shooter. Just looking for particulars that put it in the $5,200 range.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Mike
Tac Ops</span>
</div></div>

You may want to reread my post and get your story straight you prick. My post was as respectful as can be. I was just wanting to know some particulars to the rifle that makes the price on them so high even though they are made on a basic trued remington action. With your one jerk off comment you have told me all I need to know about you and your company. My post was not meant to start some pissing war. It was to inform me of what you do to your rifle to make them perform the way they do, and that was your chance to personally inform quite a few people on the Hide reading these posts of what sets you apart. Instead, you chose to act like an ass.</div></div>

I don't think it's very respectful to call out a rifle builder and ask why there is a premium for his product when all the information you have a is a private party sale. His prices are listed on the net, so a simple Google search or call would have answered that.

Why would you use this thread to compare TacOps to other companies? Again, a simple good search should answer any of those questions.

PM replied. This question was not intended to start some sort of flame war. While I didn't particularily appreciate the comment from Mike, I can understand his viewpoint from the previous bashings of him on this site. I feel as though my original question was worded quite respectfully, and yes I do not find it disrespectful to ask a person of their justification of their price point on their product. That only gives them the chance to clarify what seperates them from the rest of the pack, and if they can't then I won't buy that product. I wouldn't buy a Lexus over a Toyota if the salesman couldn't tell me a distinct difference in the two, but I guess most people would just google it right....yeah. I asked the members here at snipershide who have one and can share their own experience with them. And the above analogy was not saying GAP, APA UGSW, SAC, or any other distinguished builders are the Toyota because they all build great rifles. I apologize for any misunderstandings my previous posts may have caused.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very true. But we do know that Birdsong finish is "softer" compared to Cerakote. The finish selected and the action is about the only thing I would change. Everything thing else is good to go.</div></div>

Durability is actually a bit better for the Birdsong. The finish is softer, true, but also a lot thinner, so it tends not to chip as easily. It is also self-lubricating.

As teflon-based finishes go, Birdsong is the best. Check out the FAQ for finishes from Harrison Custom: http://www.harrisoncustom.com/FAQ.aspx click on "Finishes." I couldn't link directly.

IonBond DLC is the most durable, but not as lubricating and not as resistant to corrosion. You pick your poison in terms of durability, thickness, corrosion resistance, and color selection.

I think the biggest downside for Birdsong is color selection, but there are at least more colors than IonBond DLC, which is black or black.

NP3 (elctroless nickle) is a very nice coating very similar to Birdsong, but it is even more limited in color selection.

I think the issue most here would have with Birdsong is the lack of camo. He has that option now as well, but again, the options are limited. </div></div>

PM Sent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"If you look at my for sale thread on the rifle in question, you will see that I was wanting to recover what I have into it and not the cost of a base Kilo. What I have into it includes options that dont come on the base Kilo as well as rifle case, shipping cost, etc. I dont know all of Tac Ops pricing, I just know what I paid. I couldnt agree more with what Carter Mayfield had to say in his post, "Basically, every part of his rifles are well thought out and done to the highest standard. If you care about that sort of thing, it is worth paying an extra couple of dollars for"."

Thank you ogonzalez13, that answers my question a little better. My comment was not bashing your price as I waited until you found a very eager buyer to ask the question. I was trying to ask the question to be more informed about the company. </div></div>

My name was mentioned here. I am a former Non Believer but since converted to being a believer in Tacops, so maybe I can add something.

Young Man ( since you posted your a college student) the net is a great place to have misunderstandings and I believe many of us took what your wrote the wrong way. To me the way you worded it came across closer to "Hey how come Tacops Fucks folks?" It gets real easy to say nasty things on net to folks your not looking eye to eye with. Mike is a very nice guy but I often refer to him as my crazy gunsmith buddy because he lives and breaths building as good a rifle as he possible can. ( By the way I saw your comments about saving for one of my slings, in another thread. Just hit me up when you have a rifle and I will take care of you. I remember being a broke college kid)

Thats probably why Mike reacted the way he did. As to education one quick call to Mike would give you and education in rifle building that would be worth far more than you can imagine

Building a custom rifle has alot to do with what options you add but my Tac Ops Tac51, in 308, with Leupold scope costs less than alot of bare rifles that dont offer: The fit. The finish. The accuracy or the attention to detail. I dont have any Buyers Remorse from my TacOps purchase and I made a friend in the process.

My Tacops has been the most accurate rifle I have ever shot with 308 Win Factory Rifle Ammo. It has the best fit and finish of any Tactical Rifle I have ever seen. Every corner is rounded so it does not snag or rip up my hands when I carry it.

This does not take away from any other brand as I own many other brands and love many of them. Several will shoot the same groups with hand loads its just TacOps has the edge with Factory Ammo. I am sure some of the others build rifles that shoot .25 moa groups but Tac Ops is the only one I know to guarantee it. My TacOps has printed five shot groups under .25 moa regularly. That includes Five, five shot groups, all under .25 moa back to back.

I do understand that I could have called him, but I didn't want to waste his time talking to someone about his product that isn't going to end up buying it in the end. I already have my rifle near finished, and wouldn't be able to afford his for quite some time as it is. That is why I turned to the Hide to ask fellow members who have had previous experience with them. It wasn't trying to bash them as I have already stated, and there are no hard feelings. Most competitors in this price range have their rifles built on their own custom actions, so it didn't add up in my head as to why that was the determined price. I have already been informed by a few as to the quality, and superb accuracy of his rifles, I just thought maybe he would have clarified a little himself...but I am only one person who doesn't know, I guess I'm the only one right? I feel he could have handled his response a little differently because it seems Carter Mayfield, KIMO, and ogonzalez13 got what I was trying to say, so it's not like I was hiding some sort of secret pun intended to tell him to screw off. Again though, I'm sorry for these apparent misunderstandings.

Hey no sweat Like I said Net is great place for misunderstandings.

I noticed GAP mentioned. Great Rifles. My main Target rifle for F TR Shooting was built by GAP. I gave them the dimensions of the round I wanted to shoot, throat area etc, and they built the rifle to shoot my rifle bullet combo. That rifle will pound one round after another into one hole, day in and day out. When I wear this barrel out they will simply put another on and I am good to go again, with minimal if any new load development ( well thats how it ahs been for last four F TR BBLs they installed.

There are many great rifles out there but this thread was about TacOps and it wondered off course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do understand that I could have called him, but I didn't want to waste his time talking to someone about his product that isn't going to end up buying it in the end. I already have my rifle near finished, and wouldn't be able to afford his for quite some time as it is. That is why I turned to the Hide to ask fellow members who have had previous experience with them. It wasn't trying to bash them as I have already stated, and there are no hard feelings. Most competitors in this price range have their rifles built on their own custom actions, so it didn't add up in my head as to why that was the determined price. I have already been informed by a few as to the quality, and superb accuracy of his rifles, I just thought maybe he would have clarified a little himself...but I am only one person who doesn't know, I guess I'm the only one right? I feel he could have handled his response a little differently because it seems Carter Mayfield, KIMO, and ogonzalez13 got what I was trying to say, so it's not like I was hiding some sort of secret pun intended to tell him to screw off. Again though, I'm sorry for these apparent misunderstandings. </div></div>

You just happened to ask a fully loaded question without knowing it. There is a long history associated with these types of questions that I won't elaborate on. PM me for details if you are interested.

I don't think Mike's response was as malicious as you perceived it to be. He was just clarifying the cost of his product in a manner that is known to all of his friends. If you knew him, you would know that he wasn't puttin' you on blast.

Your response to his response, however, was apparently super sensitive and pretty much uncalled for. Like Mike(TIS) said above, it's the internet and emotion (which conveys intention) is lost in translation. Don't hesitate to ask people here to clarify themselves before becoming defensive. By your response above, I see that you already know and understand this.

Anyways, I see that you didn't want to waste Mike's time by calling him which is very considerate. The funny thing about Mike is, you can call him and preface the conversation with the fact that you have absolutely no intentions of buying his product and then proceed to ask him all the questions you want. He will gladly speak to you and answer all of your questions. As a matter of fact, that is what I told Mike the very first time I called him. This is one of the many reasons why I own a Tango 51 and have a Lima on the way.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I'd be more than happy to give you all the details.

Gents,
I've spoke with Mike and I feel this was a misunderstanding and blown out of proportion.

So let's let this die, within the context of the misunderstanding, and get back to this nice rifle.

and on a side note, there are always two sides to a story. Both sides of this story should stay buried in the past and I know Mike feels the same way.

No it is not Line-X, it is epoxy, possibly Marine Tex, Devcon or something similar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The funny thing about Mike is, you can call him and preface the conversation with the fact that you have absolutely no intentions of buying his product and then proceed to ask him all the questions you want.</div></div>

That was what I did. I put money down the next day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't get the PM... </div></div>

Really? Wow. I can't believe I messed up all that typing. Nevermind, then, Sir. Thanks, however, for posting the info on finishes.