• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tac Ops Lima51 (A New Breed)

Wildcat78

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2005
Kentucky
I would just like to start off by saying that I'm not one to build up something for more than what it is just because I have one. I've been a member of this great site since 05 and I'm on here browsing daily. But as you can tell from my low post counts I really don't have the time to comment as much as i would like. But there comes a time when i feel like it's my duty to give credit where credit is due. Maybe i'm just in love with this rifle? I own a few other custom rifle, I've shot many other custom rifles, but none like this. This rifle is a true masterpiece. After a little over a year I got her the day before Thanksgiving. At first glance I could tell that this rifle was a huge step above the rest. Some of you may have seen pics Aries64 beautiful XRay51 a few months ago. Well, my picture taking skills are not as good as his sorry!
_DSC0030-1.jpg

The attention to detail is simply perfect! From the timing of the can.
_DSC0043.jpg

To his ANAL attention to detail on the thread protector.
_DSC0032.jpg

All the way to the insane engraving on the bottom metal!
_DSC0056.jpg

Now like I said earlier this Tac-Ops rifle is a diffentent breed of Lima51. Some of you sharp eyed cats may have noticed the bore was a little small.

That's right she a 260. I knew if anybody could build a super accurate 260 it would be Mike R. He told me before he started he could build it to shot .25" at 100yds with factory ammo no problem. Well he did better then that!! It shot .077 with HSM and I shot a .077 also with handloads.
target.jpg

The suppressor is the quietest I've ever heard, even with the 260 round! Man I love my rifle!! Sorry didn't have time to proof read anything!!
_DSC0038-1.jpg

Re: Tac Ops Lima51 (A New Breed)

Sweet rifle!!! Maybe I missed it somewhere but why doesn't TacOps offer DBM's?

You'd think with Mike's attention to detail, he would have a better test target instead of using ratty cardboard all of the time.
smile.gif

He needs an "official" test target made.

Nice, nice, nice!

I was talking to Mike about a 260, he told me he was building one. I guess that was you!

Beautiful rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'd think with Mike's attention to detail, he would have a better test target instead of using ratty cardboard all of the time.
smile.gif

He needs an "official" test target made. </div></div>

you must've been reading my mind................................................................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'd think with Mike's attention to detail, he would have a better test target instead of using ratty cardboard all of the time.
smile.gif

you're gonna have to ban yourself now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'd think with Mike's attention to detail, he would have a better test target instead of using ratty cardboard all of the time.
smile.gif

you're gonna have to ban yourself now</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if anyone, for any reason feels the need to attack a company, Tac Ops or otherwise, for any reason they will be banned for one year. </div></div>

Wow, caught on a technicality, tough break. I'll cover for you while you're gone LL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you're gonna have to ban yourself now
</div></div>

Watch it there CKA, you might be the one to get banned.

Nice looking rifle. Maybe you can make it out to one of the matches to see how it really shoots.

I've come across "chatter" over the years but, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. Nice rifle and great target. Wonder if Tac Ops would time a break that blocks down gases so it is removable? Wish I could get a can here.

And while it pains me to say it, CKA got you Lowlight. He's not going to be in charge while you're gone is he? I hate that damn "Safety Dance" song and am worried he'll have it as a WAV file playing when I pull up the SH page.

Ive shot this rifle and it removed all doubt I had about tacops rifles. I own a few great custom rifles but this rifle is a step above anything I have handled.

The barrel I believe is 23 inches from the lug.

very nice, i like the predator on the bottom. that is my favorite stock style too. great groupings

Bub308 is right the barrel is 23 from the lug. Bub308 shot some great groups with this rifle some were around .25" or better at 100yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wildcat78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's right she a 260. I knew if anybody could build a super accurate 260 it would be Mike R. He told me before he started he could build it to shot .25" at 100yds with factory ammo no problem. Well he did better then that!! It shot .077 with HSM and I shot a .077 also with handloads.</div></div>
Congratulations on receiving your new .260 Lima. You have excellent taste in rifles and glass my friend! The rifle is beautiful and I'm sure the subject of envy amongst your friends.

And a suppressor too. Being lucky enough to have my X-Ray 51 wearing a PMII 5-25X I am envious of your Tac Ops suppressor. Damn, I wish I could own one. Enjoy your freedom!

BTW, your photos look good too. And of course, your floorplate is truly one-of-a-kind.

Keith

Thank you all for your kind words! The Tac 30 is the best suppressor I've ever seen. It is flawless no weld seems or imperfections at all. Keith you could always move!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'd think with Mike's attention to detail, he would have a better test target instead of using ratty cardboard all of the time.
smile.gif

you're gonna have to ban yourself now </div></div>

I lol'ed.

Beautiful stick you have put together there. I love the stock texturing that Mike does on his rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wildcat78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you all for your kind words! Aries64 the Tac 30 is the best suppressor I've ever seen. It is flawless no weld seems or imperfections at all. Keith you could always move! </div></div>

What exactly is that engraved on the bottom metal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wildcat78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you all for your kind words! Aries64 the Tac 30 is the best suppressor I've ever seen. It is flawless no weld seems or imperfections at all. Keith you could always move! </div></div>

What exactly is that engraved on the bottom metal? </div></div>

from the Predator movies

aliens-predator-requiem12.jpg

ok thats kinda what I was thinking just unsure.
Thanks fellas( you too DM!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luvman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet rifle!!! Maybe I missed it somewhere but why doesn't TacOps offer DBM's?</div></div>

anyone know the answer to this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luvman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet rifle!!! Maybe I missed it somewhere but why doesn't TacOps offer DBM's?</div></div>

anyone know the answer to this? </div></div>

+1

I don't know. I've asked before and I guess Mike has some practical reason why he does not use them. I would be interested to hear it. I do like the nice, clean, streamline look of the floor plate. Very slick rifles.

Mike has a design that he uses based on the requirements of most the rifles that he has in use at various agencies. Give him a call, and he can explain it to you. He also has a preference for BDL style bottom metal, which might be why this confusion started.

As far as building them with DBM, he most definitely will do this. He is currently building me one using a Surgeon DBM, and it <span style="font-weight: bold">isn't</span> a remington 700 action either. As I assume that question might pop up next.
wink.gif

John

Chiller you even know which predator it is, The Wolf. The reason I picked a predator mask is that I wanted something different from the normal skull.

Congrats on your TacOps. Great pics too. I'm digging the floorplate. Cool idea. I've got a cool one in mind for my next build, prob a .260 also.

You guys think Mike is anal about those guns, you should see his shop. He makes you wear surgical booties and masks when you walk around ;o) When I was over his house for dinner, he was making me a seafood dish and asked me to grab something out of his cabinet. I'm not shitting you, every damn can label was perfectly lined up, as were the spices and condiments. The man has a sickness.

David

ps. Of course I woke up early the morning I left, snuck into the kitchen and fucked every row of cans and bottles up I could. My next rifle took 2 years, but it was worth it.

Medic you'll love that 260 round! I'm so pleased with the way the whole platform turned out I'm thinking about having Mike R clone my rifle. That way my wife can't tell them apart. Maybe in that ol' school 308win round and a little shorter barrel. A different Predator mask and the text will say the opposite of the text above the mask on the 260. I've got it all planned out. I guess I need to start saving my pennies!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bub308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive shot this rifle and it removed all doubt I had about tacops rifles. I own a few great custom rifles but this rifle is a step above anything I have handled... </div></div>
Coming from a shooter who owns several competitor's custom rifles this is a bold statement and very high praise indeed. It takes a class act to admit this here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wildcat78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Bub308 shot some great groups with this rifle some were around .25" or better at 100yds. </div></div>

Keith

You are right there Keith! Bub is a good friend and great shooter!He makes me better everytime I shoot with him. But he has talked shit ever since I ordered this rifle. He has got some great rifles they are all better then anything I've got prior to the Lima. It's kind of funny after he shot his first group without getting up he looked at me and said "you didn't get ripped off check that group out"! I think that hurt ya to say that, didn't it Bub! Don't worry Bub I'll use my old 308 the next time we shoot steel. Using the L-51-B would be, well like cheating. I'm just joking! I'm using the Lima, it's on! I didn't really notice this until I looked at my target. We shot 50 rounds in an hour. The point of impact never changed even when the barrel heated up. That's the only rifle i've ever shot to do that!

No, It didnt hurt as bad as you think its kind of nice now that you cant use that same excuse that your scope base loosened up again.

Lets see how she does a little farther out.