• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAC OPS M40A1 --- Happy New Year to me!

Re: TAC OPS M40A1 --- Happy New Year to me!

Did you supply the specs for that gun? I dont see an M40A1 listed on tacops site. Great looking stick, and an even better shooter!

What is the speed on that bullet out of that gun? Just being curious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC_03XX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you supply the specs for that gun? I dont see an M40A1 listed on tacops site. Great looking stick, and an even better shooter!</div></div>

Mike built it to my specs, but he tells me they do approx. 10 M40A1 type rifles per year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIE107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the speed on that bullet out of that gun? Just being curious. </div></div>

2600/2650/2700fps --- Nice F4 pic!

If you go to the home page on his website there is a drop menu in the the left hand side its the sierra series.

TW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigbada</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that group is amazing.would like to see a 5-600 yd gp..</div></div>

I'll try to get some distance group pics taken soon and posted here. This thing loves the Southwest Ammo 175's...

show off!!!
eek.gif

nice shooting OT!!!

Holy crap what a group! Also +1 on the creepy pic.

I had also stated in the post that the last pic showing the other group was a 5 shot group at 100 yards using FGMM 168's, but some of my text has disappeared along with a few of my photos.... and a few photos have popped up on here that were not mine. What the hell?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutlawTen5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... and a few photos have popped up on here that were not mine. What the hell? </div></div>

Some pic hosting sites use randomly generated links to pictures. After a while, the links may no longer work because the pic that it points to may no longer be hosted on their servers, or a newer pic may have taken the link, since there's only so many characters and combinations/variations thereof that can be viably used. Keeping a randomly posted pic on a hosting site takes up space and money to maintain, that's why links go dead or are reused.

That group makes me want to head to the range right now and get better...to bad i dont have such a nice rifle to take with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That group makes me want to head to the range right now and get better...to bad i dont have such a nice rifle to take with me.</div></div>

I heard that Tac Ops does a payment program
wink.gif
lol

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Mike
Tac Ops</span>

beautiful spec'd rifle, beautifully executed, and beautiful shooting!

Wow, I have seen and shot some very accurate rifles, but that is a true hammer.

I've gone back and forth getting one for two years. If I just freaking pulled the trigger, I would have one already. Damn.

I've heard Mike is a big time foodie. If that's true, I own an olive orchard in Italy and make my own cold pressed, extra virgin oil. Maybe we can work something out.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: conndcj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've gone back and forth getting one for two years. If I just freaking pulled the trigger, I would have one already. Damn.

I've heard Mike is a big time foodie. If that's true, I own an olive orchard in Italy and make my own cold pressed, extra virgin oil. Maybe we can work something out.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Just make contact with him and get a rifle ordered...
I said I'd get some 500 yard targets from this thing posted and I keep forgetting to do so. Maybe after you see some of the groups at distance, you'll call him.

1 lb trigger? Be careful with that shit. lol Sneeze with a round in the chamber and the pin might drop. First time I shot my bolt rifle at 1.5 lbs in 20 degree weather I quickly rethought that idea lol(losing feeling and dexterity had the shots breaking quite a bit before I expected them to at 1.5 lbs in cold weather). Makes it easier to tighten up the groups but, like I said be careful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard Mike is a big time foodie. If that's true, I own an olive orchard in Italy and make my own cold pressed, extra virgin oil. Maybe we can work something out.</div></div>

To be honest it's all about the food, maybe we can work something out
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I said I'd get some 500 yard targets from this thing posted and I keep forgetting to do so. Maybe after you see some of the groups at distance, you'll call him.</div></div>

Chris lets see what you and your platform can do at 500 yards
wink.gif
Looking forward to seeing some pics
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That group makes me want to head to the range right now and get better...to bad i dont have such a nice rifle to take with me.</div></div>

I heard that Tac Ops does a payment program
wink.gif
lol

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Mike
Tac Ops</span>
</div></div>
Dont tempt me Mike...you will get me in trouble with my wife
grin.gif

It's definitely about food with Mike R. I was lucky to stay at his place for a week and have him cook for me a couple times, when we weren't at his shop, SEB HQ, or Starbucks.

Whenever I look at this pic, I can still smell and taste that amazing crushed tomato sauce, and the succulent crab meat.

I thought his shop had expensive equipment, then I saw his stove/oven/fridge. All gourmet commercial grade stuff.

I'd marry him if he was a bitch. Amazing guns and awesome food.

DSC05184.jpg

Mike R. --- These are for you!

5 shot 500 yard group using SW Ammo 175gr SMK & Winchester brass.
27 March 2012 71.5 degrees 2.8% Humidity 23.28 Baro 9178' DA
Prone w/ Harris Bi-pod and Triad Rear Bag
Group measures 1.218" - .308" = .91"
1rb2ma.jpg

166knq8.jpg

5 shot 700 yard group --- 27 March 2012 same ammo & atmosphere
as above. Group measures 1.8495" - .308" = 1.5415"
35apy05.jpg

Wow, those are some amazing groups. Iam happy with that at 100 yards. Congrats.

Outstanding shooting. Holding a group like that at distance is testament your skill behind the rifle and Mike's skill behind the lathe.

Congratulations.

Damn fine shooting!
Makes me want mine even more.

Alright, that does it. I just emailed Mike yesterday morning, and I'm hiring him if he has time and is willing to do it. Maybe I can bribe him with my friend's authentic Punjabi curry recipe?...

No M40A1 for me, though (as phenomenal as yours is, OutlawTen5); I want an AI stock, as those are more comfortable and configurable for me.

Man...those groups have me drooling.

-David

You Sir - have done that rifle proud. Nicely done!

Great pairing of rifle and shooter. Thanks for posting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutlawTen5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike --- These are for you!

5 shot 500 yard group using SW Ammo 175gr SMK & Winchester brass.
27 March 2012 71.5 degrees 2.8% Humidity 23.28 Baro 9178' DA
Prone w/ Harris Bi-pod and Triad Rear Bag
Group measures 1.218" - .308" = .91"
1rb2ma.jpg

166knq8.jpg

5 shot 700 yard group --- 27 March 2012 same ammo & atmosphere
as above. Group measures 1.8495" - .308" = 1.5415"
35apy05.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outstanding shooting. Holding a group like that at distance is testament your skill behind the rifle and Mike's skill behind the lathe.

Congratulations. </div></div>
Truer words have never been spoken <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">George</span></span>. Again, <span style="font-style: italic">outstanding shooting</span> <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">OutlawTen5</span></span>

Keith